Route 66 Fun Run

Last stop for Friday.
IMG_3237.jpeg

This fun run was a lot of fun and I recommend to anyone who can make it. Everyone I met this weekend was really great.

Attachments

• PXL_20230506_194235612.jpg
    PXL_20230506_194235612.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20230506_212601194.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230506_212601194.MP.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 84
  • PXL_20230506_193432765.jpg
    PXL_20230506_193432765.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 71
This fun run was a lot of fun and I recommend to anyone who can make it. Everyone I met this weekend was really great.
Glad you enjoyed it! I'm hoping to make it next year. We arrived in Kingman late last night, and our Lucid couldn't make the trip-- it's getting picked up from our garage for its first unscheduled service when we return.
I hope to hear your stats on energy consumption, especially for the fast uphill leg to Sedona. I'm wondering how easily our Touring might make the straight shot from Chandler to Kingman along the 93, and figure the hills enroute to Sedona might be a good gauge.

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm hoping to make it next year. We arrived in Kingman late last night, and our Lucid couldn't make the trip-- it's getting picked up from our garage for its first unscheduled service when we return.
I hope to hear your stats on energy consumption, especially for the fast uphill leg to Sedona. I'm wondering how easily our Touring might make the straight shot from Chandler to Kingman along the 93, and figure the hills enroute to Sedona might be a good gauge.
I plan on going again next year. I think up the hill from Sedona I was getting 1.8mi/kWh and for the whole trip my average was 3.1. When I took the 93 home to Chandler from Kingman today I averaged 3.0 and had cruise set to 74 until I hit the 303 and then raised to 80. I took the 93 to vegas a couple weeks ago and averaged 3.2 and it took 104kWh to get there. The leg from Kingman to Vegas was 2.9 so the route up the 93 to Kingman from Chandler I must have averaged greater than 3.2 but I didn't write that down. I guess I could have made it all the way to vegas without charging but with only 8kWh it would have been a little too close for comfort. Hopefully some more charging options open up along 93.

Attachments

• PXL_20230507_185010889.jpg
    PXL_20230507_185010889.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 57
I plan on going again next year. I think up the hill from Sedona I was getting 1.8mi/kWh and for the whole trip my average was 3.1. When I took the 93 home to Chandler from Kingman today I averaged 3.0 and had cruise set to 74 until I hit the 303 and then raised to 80. I took the 93 to vegas a couple weeks ago and averaged 3.2 and it took 104kWh to get there. The leg from Kingman to Vegas was 2.9 so the route up the 93 to Kingman from Chandler I must have averaged greater than 3.2 but I didn't write that down. I guess I could have made it all the way to vegas without charging but with only 8kWh it would have been a little too close for comfort. Hopefully some more charging options open up along 93.
What were the most memorable parts of the event? Most fun? Coolest cars / things you saw? And how did people react to the car in Kingman?
Based on your stats, it sounds like I should be able to make the uphill trip to Kingman comfortably without stopping, but I'd better charge to 100% before I leave. Wind can be a significant factor on that drive, and even though I have three advantages with the 19s, a lighter car, and I drive a little slower, I'll more than cancel out the second by having the whole family and their luggage on board. We'll probably make the trip in July, so heat may add to the challenge. If the numbers don't look good for the first 30 miles, I can always top up briefly on the 101. It sure would be nice to have EA in Wickenburg.

What were the most memorable parts of the event? Most fun? Coolest cars / things you saw? And how did people react to the car in Kingman?
Based on your stats, it sounds like I should be able to make the uphill trip to Kingman comfortably without stopping, but I'd better charge to 100% before I leave. Wind can be a significant factor on that drive, and even though I have three advantages with the 19s, a lighter car, and I drive a little slower, I'll more than cancel out the second by having the whole family and their luggage on board. We'll probably make the trip in July, so heat may add to the challenge. If the numbers don't look good for the first 30 miles, I can always top up briefly on the 101. It sure would be nice to have EA in Wickenburg.
Yes, Wickenburg would be nice. Along the route a couple towns have bands and food. I think Peach Springs was the best but we skipped at least 1 because parking was limited. I heard there were over 800 cars registered and there was so much going on I was not able to see them all or check out all the events. There was also swap meet I wish I would have stopped at but didn't notice until passing. There was a lot in Kingman to explore too and wish I had time to walk through the EV museum. I guess they just got a new building and will be expanding their exhibits. Last year there were only 4 EVs and I think 29 this year so there was a good showing. A lot of people hadn't seen and some hadn't heard of lucid before so they were pretty interested. I think the Rivians received more interest but they did have some really nice camp setups on display. The people I talked liked the design and were impressed by HP, range, storage and massage seats. I did hear an occasional comment about how they would never own an EV and that EV museum wants to educate more people about EVs which seems like is needed. I think it would be a good event for lucid to show up to and offer test drives. Here are some of my favorite cars from the weekend.
PXL_20230506_171127857.MP.jpgPXL_20230506_200511941.jpgPXL_20230507_040350061.jpgPXL_20230506_200843250.jpgPXL_20230506_211950987.jpgPXL_20230506_185155199.jpgPXL_20230506_171515774.MP.jpgPXL_20230506_185222781.jpgPXL_20230506_160928388.jpgPXL_20230507_024532942.jpg

The Fun Run was a good time, the other EV drivers were a great bunch to hang with for a couple of days. We left I-40 at Crookton Road east of Seligman.
IMG_3238.jpeg

From there it was the Historic Route 66 to Seligman, Peach Springs and Kingman. Route 66 so it is not just about cars, expect some quirky nostalgia like Corvettes and dinosaurs.
IMG_3246.jpeg

The next two pictures must be viewed in order.
IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5867.jpeg

Lastly, who would not want to see Giganticas Headicus

IMG_5872.jpeg

The car show in Kingman was big with a separate section for EVs. As expected the Rivians were the most popular with the Lucids being almost as popular. I met a gentleman from Germany that was very happy to hear that Lucid is starting deliveries in Europe. This was the 34th annual fun run and I met the event organizer because she saw my Lucid on the registration and had never seen one before so she came by near the end of the show for a look. I was surprised that she looked like she was about 34. Maybe her parents organized the first one. She definitely knew cars including the Lucid.

Sunday was a drive from Kingman though Oatman to the AZ/CA boarder at Topock. The population of wild burros in Oatman exceeds the number of full time residents. Amazing to see so many cars here.

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3264.jpeg
IMG_3262.jpeg

The road from Kingman to Oatman is a very narrow road with lots of hairpin turns, 15 to 25 MPH max even in the Lucid. Especially on 21" wheels where I was scared of rocks and potholes. It was also mostly downhill from Kingman to Topock, that combined with slow speed, yielded an efficiency of 6 mi/kWhr. Kingman is 3678 feet and Topock is 610 feet and a distance of 50 miles.

There was Swag, both from the Route 66 Fun Run along with the Hot Wheels from the EVA. I now have my third Lucid, the original White GT, Gold DE and a Silver GT.
IMG_3274.jpeg

Since this is a Lucid forum, my car was flawless (except for the HA/ACC button). It was all types of driving. Freeway driving at 80+ MPH using HA. Two lane highways at 55-70 MPH (maybe 90 when passing). Narrow winding mountain roads with steep grades. My GT handled it all with fun, confidence and comfort. It is definitley the best performing car that I have owned. The drive was 627 miles round trip with 4 charging stops. We did not need to charge that many times but the locations were convenient.

Sedona - Most scenic charging in the country. Some oscillations on the 350 kW Signet chargers. We charged longer than expected so that we could look around.
Williams - EA located at the hotel. I spent maybe 15 minutes here with most of the time spent taping the HA/ACC button
Kingman - Maybe 25 minutes, serious oscillations on the 350 kW Signet, @Pwmac was charging faster on the 150kW. One of four stations was broken.
Kingman - Another 25 minutes on my way home, we would have spent less time but we wanted some lunch and a restroom break.

Overall the navigation worked well including the predicted range at our destinations. I let it plan charging for the trip home from Topock to Phoenix and it wanted me to go to a charger in Phoenix that was at least 15 miles out of the way with 50 miles of range remaining at that stop. It ignored the EA charger in Kingman that was within a quarter mile of the freeway. I stopped in Kingman anyway and the it then recalculated the route without another stop.

Day one elevation gain was 5998 feet and 178 miles. Finished the day with 2.8 mi/kWhr.
Day two elevation loss was 3737 feet and 148 miles. I did not record the efficiency
Day three morning elevation loss 2968 feet and 50 miles. Efficiency was 6.0 mi/kWhr
Day three return home was elevation change of 3796 feet and 251 miles.

Total trip was 626.6 miles, 189 kWhrs used, and 3.3 mi/kWhr. I am very pleased with this efficiency for this type of driving.

Thanks for sharing! I'll look forward to that adventure. I got a kick out of the picture of the Corvettes with the dinosaur (were you saying something? :) ). And the Hot Wheels!!!

Since this is a Lucid forum, my car was flawless (except for the HA/ACC button). It was all types of driving. Freeway driving at 80+ MPH using HA. Two lane highways at 55-70 MPH (maybe 90 when passing). Narrow winding mountain roads with steep grades. My GT handled it all with fun, confidence and comfort. It is definitley the best performing car that I have owned. The drive was 627 miles round trip with 4 charging stops. We did not need to charge that many times but the locations were convenient.

Sedona - Most scenic charging in the country. Some oscillations on the 350 kW Signet chargers. We charged longer than expected so that we could look around.
Williams - EA located at the hotel. I spent maybe 15 minutes here with most of the time spent taping the HA/ACC button
Kingman - Maybe 25 minutes, serious oscillations on the 350 kW Signet, @Pwmac was charging faster on the 150kW. One of four stations was broken.
Kingman - Another 25 minutes on my way home, we would have spent less time but we wanted some lunch and a restroom break.

Overall the navigation worked well including the predicted range at our destinations. I let it plan charging for the trip home from Topock to Phoenix and it wanted me to go to a charger in Phoenix that was at least 15 miles out of the way with 50 miles of range remaining at that stop. It ignored the EA charger in Kingman that was within a quarter mile of the freeway. I stopped in Kingman anyway and the it then recalculated the route without another stop.

Day one elevation gain was 5998 feet and 178 miles. Finished the day with 2.8 mi/kWhr.
Day two elevation loss was 3737 feet and 148 miles. I did not record the efficiency
Day three morning elevation loss 2968 feet and 50 miles. Efficiency was 6.0 mi/kWhr
Day three return home was elevation change of 3796 feet and 251 miles.

Total trip was 626.6 miles, 189 kWhrs used, and 3.3 mi/kWhr. I am very pleased with this efficiency for this type of driving.
By kwhr, do you just mean normal mi/kwh?

Back