Reset while driving

Dr.E

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
Can you perform a logo reset while driving ? I realize everything will go blank until it resets but you can do a 2 button reset in a Tesla while driving

Can you perform a logo reset while driving ? I realize everything will go blank until it resets but you can do a 2 button reset in a Tesla while driving
That sounds like a really unsafe thing to do. I'm not surprised that the software won't allow it.

That sounds like a really unsafe thing to do. I'm not surprised that the software won't allow it.

I don't know how it works, but the computer might auto-reset itself (as in a computer crash), or I can reset the computer myself while driving at full speed, but the propulsion system still works. The Autopilot system still works (accelerates, brakes, steers itself). Still, other things don't: audio, HVAC, and speedometer... (because the computer screen is blank), but you can use the phone app as a speedometer in the meantime.

It sounds like the essential propulsion system is separate from the infotainment.

I'd like to report that although not having a soft reset while driving is a small inconvenience (puling over for a minute while resetting isn't super inconvenient)

What's even worse is the fact that there's no hard reset yet that's recommended to do (not microphone+x nuclear reset) without everyone exiting the vehicle.
I was in a situation with a 1 week old baby in the rear with 34F outside and the car needed a hard reset. When I exited the car and tried valet card reset, or anything else. It wouldn't reset because it knew people were still in the car.

I'd like to report that although not having a soft reset while driving is a small inconvenience (puling over for a minute while resetting isn't super inconvenient)

What's even worse is the fact that there's no hard reset yet that's recommended to do (not microphone+x nuclear reset) without everyone exiting the vehicle.
I was in a situation with a 1 week old baby in the rear with 34F outside and the car needed a hard reset. When I exited the car and tried valet card reset, or anything else. It wouldn't reset because it knew people were still in the car.
Firstly, congratulations! Secondly, lucid does have the ability to add new reset methods and I do hope they can do that. Exiting the car is likely a precaution in case the reset bricks the car leaving people who do not know about the manual door releases stuck. We do know lucid is very cautious with safety considering how they require seatbelts to be on to drive(not saying it’s a bad thing).

I don't know how it works, but the computer might auto-reset itself (as in a computer crash), or I can reset the computer myself while driving at full speed, but the propulsion system still works. The Autopilot system still works (accelerates, brakes, steers itself). Still, other things don't: audio, HVAC, and speedometer... (because the computer screen is blank), but you can use the phone app as a speedometer in the meantime.

It sounds like the essential propulsion system is separate from the infotainment.

Everything else seems to work when you do that with a Tesla, but it feels disquieting not having feedback from the turn signals. I believe that they still work, but pressing the lever and not hearing a sound feels wrong. Tesla allows you to do it, tells you explicitly not to do it, and it's not likely harmful. But it does mean that certain required safety equipment such as the rear view camera and speedometer won't be there. Some of us are old enough to know what it's like to drive with a snapped speedometer cable and no cameras.

Back