Release Version Megathread

That makes sense, as I too, experienced yours.

Highway Assist was very good at lane keeping in the beginning but since the recent introduction of "Manual Lane Biasing" from V2.1.3, I've then consistently experienced lane drifting if I keep my hand or hands on the steering wheel.

My current solution is not to touch the steering wheel at all. Then, when the system alarms to remind me to place my hands on it, I would give it a quick counter-torque to shut down the alarm for another 15 seconds. No more lane drifting by this practice.
Yeah, this is my solution too. Just jiggle it after every 10-15 seconds or so. I find that after a while it became natural as I adapted to it. Of course, I do wish they'd revert the change, at least temporarily.

My current solution is not to touch the steering wheel at all. Then, when the system alarms to remind me to place my hands on it, I would give it a quick counter-torque to shut down the alarm for another 15 seconds. No more lane drifting by this practice.

For me, that is more effort than just driving normally. HA is supposed to make it easier, not harder. They had it nailed - and then they busted it :(.

Everyone, please contact support about this so they know it needs to be fixed. Thx.

For me, that is more effort than just driving normally. HA is supposed to make it easier, not harder. They had it nailed - and then they busted it :(. ...
I have always found it far more pleasurable and far less work/tiring just to drive the car than to attempt to use any of the iterations of HA so far...
YMWV (oops, that's a different thread about what mileage you are getting... bygones...)

For me, that is more effort than just driving normally. HA is supposed to make it easier, not harder. They had it nailed - and then they busted it :(.

Everyone, please contact support about this so they know it needs to be fixed. Thx.

And this is why I don’t lunge at the bit to get the latest and greatest update. My Tesla ownership experience taught me very early on not to be so keen. It was sometimes the case that Tesla’s much vaunted OTA updates created solutions to problems that didn’t exist.

The old adage applies here, to both Tesla and Lucid - If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Got and installed 2.1.18
Spotify fix infotainment enhanced and more robustness.
I have the nav/music bug in which songs are unintentionally fast forwarded to the next in the playlist following a voice navigation instruction, even when nav volume is muted. Does 2.1.18 fix this issue? This is native UI with Amazon Music, not Spotify. Thanks in advance for any info. I have 2.1.18, but don't see a reason to install it unless it fixes this bug.

... I have 2.1.18, but don't see a reason to install it unless it fixes this bug.
Generally it's not a good idea to let your car fall far behind the update stream. Updates may contain diagnostics, etc. that you want, but don't know about.

Generally it's not a good idea to let your car fall far behind the update stream. Updates may contain diagnostics, etc. that you want, but don't know about.
It also technically voids your warranty not to keep the car up-to-date. (Read your warranty agreement.)

I doubt Lucid would resort to that over waiting a few extra weeks on a single update, but leave the car on an old version long enough, and…

Does not appear to fix this issue on my end. Still reproducible often when I have the charger plugged in overnight.
Yeah, I know I’m supposed to install each update. But 2.1.10 took 5+ hours to install, so I’m a little more trigger-shy now. And this one looks like it’s a trivial install if you’re not using Spotify. Anyway, there’s a more specific discussion in the 2.1.18 thread.

Do we have a list of the issues people have had with 2.1.18? I am most concerned with the seat issue. I see 2.1.20 is out so better install the 2.1.18🤞

Test drive GT had 2.1.20

Changelog only had one bullets about adjustments to corner cameras IIRC

I updated to 2.1.18 and 2.1.20 within 24 hours. I am happy to report that my ”Non-Spotify Music skip on voice nav” bug has been fixed. Other than Android Auto, this was my biggest daily complaint because I usually use native Nav and always have Amazon Music playing, so the frequency of not being able to listen to a song for more than a minute was really irksome. Life is good.

That makes sense, as I too, experienced yours.

Highway Assist was very good at lane keeping in the beginning but since the recent introduction of "Manual Lane Biasing" from V2.1.3, I've then consistently experienced lane drifting if I keep my hand or hands on the steering wheel.

Yeah, this is my solution too. Just jiggle it after every 10-15 seconds or so. I find that after a while it became natural as I adapted to it. Of course, I do wish they'd revert the change, at least temporarily.
Thanks @Tâm and @borski. I tried HA on the exact same stretch twice following your tip (don't touch wheel with ~15s jiggle) and didn't observe the lane crossing. Lucid customer support was responsive too asking me for more details. Hope they got logs for offline analysis

I am on 2.1.18 and initially received an alert that 2.1.20 was available to install. However, now I have a message “Unable to Install Update. Your vehicle was unable to install the software update. We will notify you when the next update is available. We are checking for a solution to the problem. You do not need to take any action. For more information, contact Customer Care at +1 888 995 8243”

Has anyone else had this?

I am on 2.1.18 and initially received an alert that 2.1.20 was available to install. However, now I have a message “Unable to Install Update. Your vehicle was unable to install the software update. We will notify you when the next update is available. We are checking for a solution to the problem. You do not need to take any action. For more information, contact Customer Care at +1 888 995 8243”

Has anyone else had this?
Happens occasionally. Text CS and ask them to repush.

1.png

I'm starting to think the cutbacks they had to make for the business are having an impact on software development...
I'm sure they are focused on Gravity.

Back