Reaction score
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure
DE Number
Referral Code
91B5SVKZ
1000004255.webp
1000004255.webp
Lately I've been having slower changing speeds while charging from home. Im using a Tesla gen 3 charger with an adapter. I've been an owner for over a year now. My usual charging speed is 11kw. I now start off at that speed then after several minutes it drops down to 5kw. I'm in the Seattle area and we are having a heat wave so my garage is slightly warmer but not terrible. This has happened a handful of other times all on warmer days. Would my homes electricity be somehow regulating the chargers output? Or even the electric company if that's possible? The garage is maybe 70 degrees and when I touch the cables they aren't crazy hot or anything.

View attachment 21745View attachment 21745
Lately I've been having slower changing speeds while charging from home. Im using a Tesla gen 3 charger with an adapter. I've been an owner for over a year now. My usual charging speed is 11kw. I now start off at that speed then after several minutes it drops down to 5kw. I'm in the Seattle area and we are having a heat wave so my garage is slightly warmer but not terrible. This has happened a handful of other times all on warmer days. Would my homes electricity be somehow regulating the chargers output? Or even the electric company if that's possible? The garage is maybe 70 degrees and when I touch the cables they aren't crazy hot or anything.
For proper diagnosis, try to charge the same car at somebody else’s home charger (or an or a destination charger) and see what type of speeds you achieve. This way you will be able to tell whether it is the car or the charger that is causing the slower speeds.

I am experiencing the same issue. I’m using a 220 outlet with the provided cable. It usually charges at a rate of 40 mph, but the last two times I’ve only been getting 20 mph. This equates to 5 kW.

Back