Recommendations for PPF and ceramic installers in Bay Area

Small Lucid world! I live in Petaluma, so I’ll make sure to flag you down when I see a matte white around Sebastopol!

Could you provide a link to that thread you posted photos in?

Here you are! And absolutely, you’re welcome to take a look. Lucid is picking my car up this morning to replace the rear windshield so it will be gone for a few days.

I have been using Premier Protective Films for the last 3 cars and I think they do a fantastic job. Be aware, they are booked many months out, if you are still awaiting delivery of your vehicle, you can still make an appointment and then bump it out later if you do not get it when expected.

Here you are! And absolutely, you’re welcome to take a look. Lucid is picking my car up this morning to replace the rear windshield so it will be gone for a few days.
I may just do what you do, although not matte since I went Zenith red. Where are you doing tint? I think this car looks so much better with even a little tint.

I may just do what you do, although not matte since I went Zenith red. Where are you doing tint? I think this car looks so much better with even a little tint.
I will be going to A Shade Darker in Santa Rosa by the corby auto mall. They do all the high end cars that I know of. I am going to set up an appt now that my windshield is being replaced this week.

I will be going to A Shade Darker in Santa Rosa by the corby auto mall. They do all the high end cars that I know of. I am going to set up an appt now that my windshield is being replaced this week.
We should ask for a package deal. I left a message for them over the weekend and have used them before.

We should ask for a package deal. I left a message for them over the weekend and have used them before.
I actually talked to them probably right after I posted. Scheduled for the 15th (they are 3 weeks out right now) $900 for all the side windows and rear window in ceramic pro 96% HR film. I didn’t ask about the front windshield cuz I wasn’t interested in that.
I’ll tell you about my PPF install, I was quoted $7500 as well, before I asked for the chrome delete (an extra $1200 I was told). But I asked for a cash price, and it came down to $7606 for everything. If you decide to go with Northbay - you can also use my name and say I sent you 🤷‍♂️
When do you get your car (sore subject I know)? You’re welcome to check their work quality on my car before you go ahead with the install.

I actually talked to them probably right after I posted. Scheduled for the 15th (they are 3 weeks out right now) $900 for all the side windows and rear window in ceramic pro 96% HR film. I didn’t ask about the front windshield cuz I wasn’t interested in that.
I’ll tell you about my PPF install, I was quoted $7500 as well, before I asked for the chrome delete (an extra $1200 I was told). But I asked for a cash price, and it came down to $7606 for everything. If you decide to go with Northbay - you can also use my name and say I sent you 🤷‍♂️
When do you get your car (sore subject I know)? You’re welcome to check their work quality on my car before you go ahead with the install.
Omg, front windshield tint is a game changer though!

I guess I don’t know since ive never had it. Is it really that awesome?
I LOVE my front window tint. No sunglasses, less heat, no sunglasses, WAY less glare, no sunglasses. My mom who is sensitive to sunlight because she's short and the visors do not work for her, sat in before and after tint and said the tint was good idea, also no sunglasses

I LOVE my front window tint. No sunglasses, less heat, no sunglasses, WAY less glare, no sunglasses. My mom who is sensitive to sunlight because she's short and the visors do not work for her, sat in before and after tint and said the tint was good idea, also no sunglasses
I can feel my pocket book getting lighter! Time to give it a whirl I suppose 😂

I can feel my pocket book getting lighter! Time to give it a whirl I suppose 😂
Just ask your tint place if they can do it in 1 piece, the answer is yes it's possible

That’s why this forum is awesome. I was also planning on skipping the windshield, but will definitely include it.

I’m sure you have posted it here before, but could you please share a couple post-tint photos.

Awesome tips, thank you! I will definitely take you up on your offer. I’m going to want to check out your tint when done. My office is in Cotati.

Until a couple weeks ago, I thought I would get mine by July, but I’m not seeing that if this shipping freeze continues.

Awesome tips, thank you! I will definitely take you up on your offer. I’m going to want to check out your tint when done. My office is in Cotati.

Until a couple weeks ago, I thought I would get mine by July, but I’m not seeing that if this shipping freeze continues.
I’ll let you know as soon as the tint is done!

Just ask your tint place if they can do it in 1 piece, the answer is yes it's possible
I knew I read that somewhere, I’ll ask today. I’m assuming it goes all the way over your head to the pillar? Or did it stop after the visors?

What brand and strength of tint did you use hydbob? I have seen there seem to be 2 major manufacturers, 3M and AveryDennison with several different strengths. I was curious what you picked and why.

What brand and strength of tint did you use hydbob? I have seen there seem to be 2 major manufacturers, 3M and AveryDennison with several different strengths. I was curious what you picked and why.
3m crystalline 70%. I would have done darker, but in CA, 90 is legal tint and any darker than 70 could get you a ticket.

A shade darker does PPF as well, I didn’t know that. They also use XPEL which seems to be the go to on this site. Whereas north bay uses Ceramic Pro for their non-matte PPF. A shade darker may package the deal together if you tint with them, worth asking 🤷‍♂️

I really wanted to consider doing this and was thinking of adding when I drove it to the ppf place. Then when I rock hit my windshield, I decided this would just be throwing money away.

I really wanted to consider doing this and was thinking of adding when I drove it to the ppf place. Then when I rock hit my windshield, I decided this would just be throwing money away.
My concern also. Add another $700 to $900 to the $3400 cost of replacing the windshield. We may not have potholes in AZ like some parts of the country, but windshield chips here are way too common. I am sure my insurance premium will not remain near $600 per six months if I file too many glass coverage claims.

Back