Recommendation for PPF in Bay Area

deepakb

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Air GT, Zenith Red, 21"
Referral Code
OPHHYJUS
Hi All, I am planning to do PPF and ceramic coating for my GT once the initial delivery check list fixes are done. Do you have a recommendation for a shop to do this? If so, what did you like about them. Thanks in advance.

Hi All, I am planning to do PPF and ceramic coating for my GT once the initial delivery check list fixes are done. Do you have a recommendation for a shop to do this? If so, what did you like about them. Thanks in advance.
Several members in the area have gone to Deep Reflections in Los Gatos and OCD in Fremont. They probably have the most experience with the lucid.

OCDetailing, just to be clear. But those seem to be the two favorites.

Thanks. I just contact OCD and they gave the quote. I am taking my car for fixing the delivery time issues next week. Once that is done will go to OCD.

Regarding the window tinting, what is recommended to go with?

Thanks. I just contact OCD and they gave the quote. I am taking my car for fixing the delivery time issues next week. Once that is done will go to OCD.

Regarding the window tinting, what is recommended to go with?
I meant to ask, which type of tint (not the detailer)

3M Crystalline and XPEL XR Prime Plus are considered top of the line.

3M Ceramic IR is considered very close to Crystalline, but about half the price, so sort of up to you.

As for percentages, you can find that on other threads in the forum; just search “tint”

I haven't used OCDetailing yet, but called them for a quote on my partner's weekend toy getting old PPF removed and having the car gone over (she's incredibly particular on who works on the car) and they were very knowledgable, definitely passed my admittedly high bar for knowledge and attention to detail during our conversation.

I take mine in to OCDetailing on Tuesday. FYI- They were booked out for about a month when I called them.

Thanks all for the recommendations and guidance. I am going with https://autoprodetailing.com/. Taking the car there on Monday. I went with full body PPF (XPEL ultimate Plus), Ceramic Coat 10 Yr warranty, 3M Ceramic tint (70% for windshield and roof, 50% for driver and passenger, 35% for rear glass) and leather ceramic for interior seats. The price quoted was $8650.

Thanks all for the recommendations and guidance. I am going with https://autoprodetailing.com/. Taking the car there on Monday. I went with full body PPF (XPEL ultimate Plus), Ceramic Coat 10 Yr warranty, 3M Ceramic tint (70% for windshield and roof, 50% for driver and passenger, 35% for rear glass) and leather ceramic for interior seats. The price quoted was $8650.
Got the car today after the PPF and coating completed.
IMG_4455.jpeg
IMG_4456.JPG
IMG_4461.JPG
IMG_4462.JPG

Side question: How did you manage to get the carpool stickers so fast? I'm assuming the car is relatively new.

Hi, is there a recommendation one over the other Deep Reflections Vs OCDetailing, as both use a different brand of Ceramic coating. Thoughts? (First world problems, i know) Thanks!

Hi, is there a recommendation one over the other Deep Reflections Vs OCDetailing, as both use a different brand of Ceramic coating. Thoughts? (First world problems, i know) Thanks!
Installer is more important than brand, and both have spectacular reviews. I like OCD, others like DR. OCD is a bit more expensive, but I like their work, and I like that they only consider it done when it is perfect. They also don’t charge if a piece is replaced or something like that and they have to re-PPF it.

DR is cheaper tho. Maybe talk to both and see who you trust more, or look at some photos/videos of the cars they’ve done.

Installer is more important than brand, and both have spectacular reviews. I like OCD, others like DR. OCD is a bit more expensive, but I like their work, and I like that they only consider it done when it is perfect. They also don’t charge if a piece is replaced or something like that and they have to re-PPF it.

DR is cheaper tho. Maybe talk to both and see who you trust more, or look at some photos/videos of the cars they’ve done.
Not "cheaper" but definitely less expensive. Quality at Deep Reflections is as good or better than anywhere else.

Not "cheaper" but definitely less expensive. Quality at Deep Reflections is as good or better than anywhere else.
Sure; I didn't mean any negative connotation. Less expensive; I had issues with communicating with the guy there, but I have no reason to doubt his work. I can only speak to the quality of OCD's.

Sure; I didn't mean any negative connotation. Less expensive; I had issues with communicating with the guy there, but I have no reason to doubt his work. I can only speak to the quality of OCD's.
Yes it is much better to communicate with Alejandro in person rather than over the phone or email.

Back