Rear-view mirror - curb view

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGT’s Auto-Park to me is scary fast, even though it works well, I always have heart pumping “please no one come in between!”
Thanks for the head's up. Will give it a whirl on a quiet section of road to see how it performs. Having lived in Manhattan for a number of years, owning a car, I got pretty good at parallel parking and putting it in some pretty tight spaces. Challenge is on! :)

Could you just set up a Tilt Mirror profile to enable when needed?
I agree. I have always used my mirrors to back up and I am very accurate with it. In my youth, I drove Semi's so backing up a 52' trailer was no problem with the mirrors!

Happy to see that I am not alone in this, what I thought would be a standard feature, as my son's new $30K Honda Civic has it (not to mention lane centering :eek:). I agree with @OCDC and @EKu that the camera's are lacking the detail necessary (and latency) to put it right to the curb without rubbing. One can only hope that the powers-that-be add this feature. For those fortunate to be running 2.x, any chance it's in there?

In the 7+ years I owned my Model S, I think I used the auto-park feature ONCE! Way too slow to get it done, especially when traffic is waiting.
It’s not in 2.0.

Can I humbly make a request here? I am all for voicing thoughts on what Lucid should add or why Lucid messed up in not having something from the get go, but can we maybe put a moratorium on the adding the "my $30k-$whatever" car has this or that feature?" I get that there are some lower priced cars that have features that the Lucid has, but cherry picking one feature that you want, doesn't really help the argument IMHO. The insinuation is that Lucid is either incompetent or stupid because they left off features that less expensive cars have. Not having insight into why the car didn't have this or that upon release makes it very difficult to know the rationale, but especially if you like most of the other aspects of the car, the statement just feels over the top when making your argument.

My truck has tilt down mirrors. I really like that feature. I wish Lucid would add it, and my guess is that they can or are planning to.

Can I humbly make a request here? I am all for voicing thoughts on what Lucid should add or why Lucid messed up in not having something from the get go, but can we maybe put a moratorium on the adding the "my $30k-$whatever" car has this or that feature?" I get that there are some lower priced cars that have features that the Lucid has, but cherry picking one feature that you want, doesn't really help the argument IMHO. The insinuation is that Lucid is either incompetent or stupid because they left off features that less expensive cars have. Not having insight into why the car didn't have this or that upon release makes it very difficult to know the rationale, but especially if you like most of the other aspects of the car, the statement just feels over the top when making your argument.

My truck has tilt down mirrors. I really like that feature. I wish Lucid would add it, and my guess is that they can or are planning to.
I absolutely agree.. "$30k" cars are backed by established behemoths that don't blink an eye at $1b in software development. Lucid is an incredibly slim operating in comparison.

BS. Unless you disclose here are all the things I wont' get it is unfair to expect buyers to know all the misses.

BS. Unless you disclose here are all the things I wont' get it is unfair to expect buyers to know all the misses.
Is that how this works? I'm pretty damn sure there is not a single company that does this ever. It doesn't even make sense and it's up to the buyer to test drive, research, and satisfy themselves of their purchase. This goes for a $5 cell phone case to $1,000,000 house. It's perfectly reasonable to expect buyers to figure out all the misses because that is your job as a buyer.

Is that how this works? I'm pretty damn sure there is not a single company that does this ever. It doesn't even make sense and it's up to the buyer to test drive, research, and satisfy themselves of their purchase. This goes for a $5 cell phone case to $1,000,000 house. It's perfectly reasonable to expect buyers to figure out all the misses because that is your job as a buyer.

Let's say it this way. You don't have to disclose but you won't have many customers long term. In the end, it's a choice. Consumers will chose once the information is prevalent.

BTW, I don't care if you are damn sure.

Let's say it this way. You don't have to disclose but you won't have many customers long term. In the end, it's a choice. Consumers will chose once the information is prevalent.

BTW, I don't care if you are damn sure.
Please point me in the direction of the company who discloses all their shortcomings so I can become a customer of theirs for life.

I have, yes. It works for me maybe 1 out of 4 tries. The problem is that I need to parallel park in front of my house, and it doesn’t always give me the option to do that (the button to pick the parking orientation doesn’t always display). When it works though, it works well. Pro tip: don’t enable the creep or roll modes if you plan to use auto park. It can result in some scary short distances to the obstacles.
I had that issue as well. Sometimes it won't recognize that I want to parallel park and only gives me the option to back in. No thanks, I don't want to get a pinch flat. When it did recognize the spot correctly, it did work flawlessly though.

Please point me in the direction of the company who discloses all their shortcomings so I can become a customer of theirs for life.

You are (intentionally) missing the point. If you are a new company and you want to get new customers. It is not advisable to offer less than your competition on basic features thqt matter to consumers. Disclose or not; it will not end well.

But as is typical from you, if you want to try to justify that this concept is not reasonable; go right ahead. Those who understand this are not affected by comments that are not accurate.

how is that unfair? do you not do any research before you purchase something? we can't expect the manufacturers to curate a list of items they are missing. imagine how bad it would be for marketing their product. For example, Apple's iPhone doesn't fold like the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 phones. so do you expect Apple to publish this on their website? or do you think someone is going to purchase an iPhone and then realize that it doesn't fold?

You are (intentionally) missing the point. If you are a new company and you want to get new customers. It is not advisable to offer less than your competition on basic features thqt matter to consumers. Disclose or not; it will not end well.

But as is typical from you, if you want to try to justify that this concept is not reasonable; go right ahead. Those who understand this are not affected by comments that are not accurate.
I think my Gucci man-bag has more features and compartments than late comer Michael Kor, it doesn’t mean Michael Kor as newer company has to match in features. There are scoring points as style. (Gucci is a century old, Michael Kor is 4 decades old, btw)

how is that unfair? do you not do any research before you purchase something? we can't expect the manufacturers to curate a list of items they are missing. imagine how bad it would be for marketing their product. For example, Apple's iPhone doesn't fold like the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 phones. so do you expect Apple to publish this on their website? or do you think someone is going to purchase an iPhone and then realize that it doesn't fold?

Of course you can know that the iphone doesn't fold. It is disclosed! The phone doesn't fold.

This is about basic features that are standard; that do not exist or exist poorly. That example sucks.

Of course you can know that the iphone doesn't fold. It is disclosed! The phone doesn't fold.

This is about basic features that are standard; that do not exist or exist poorly. That example sucks.
Lucid took that basic feature and upgraded it to a 360 view camera! That's what they advertise and market. Whether or not it's actually an upgrade is to your own individual taste. Plenty of people think it's amazing, others not so much!

Of course you can know that the iphone doesn't fold. It is disclosed!
Where does Apple disclose that the phone does not fold? Rumors are that Apple is coming out with a folding model and there are people asking if 14 folds so apparently, it isn't trumpeted by Apple that they are missing this feature. caveat emptor.

This is a giant leap
from this
You are (intentionally) missing the point. If you are a new company and you want to get new customers. It is not advisable to offer less than your competition on basic features thqt matter to consumers
All car manufacturers tout what they have. They don't tout what they don't. The buyer should assume that if it isn't mentioned, it's not there until proven otherwise. I don't think you made the point you are making in this last post. You might be making it in reference to what others posted but you didn't draw that line connecting your post to theirs making it seem like companies need to disclose everything not included in their product. I don't think anyone disagrees with what you stated in the last part of what I quoted - that people compare features and if you are missing some things, you lose points.

What I think is lacking with Lucid in this area is their apparent inability to finalize a product and inform customers. I think customers would be satisfied knowing what is included. The problem is that we don't know the totality of what is included hence, so many threads on standard equipment and comparing trims trying to decipher what is going on. We understand software evolves and included capability might change but there's been a lot of back and forth on what hardware is included.

i would bet cash money that not a single company on the planet, new or old, discloses all of the things it doesn't do when trying to convince a buyer to purchase their product. Companies talk about the features they have, not the features they don't have. Buyers are then free to make their own decisions about whether those features match: a) their expectations, and b) their desires. That is why the concept of 'caveat emptor' even exists.

Ask questions, get answers, make choices.

No car has every single feature under the sun, and if they do, they might not have styling that appeals to you, or the range you want, or the acceleration you want, or the sunroof you want, etc. That is why there are plenty of options and choices in the market, and we're all better off for it.

To try and imply that Lucid, as opposed to other brands, should intentionally try and describe all the features they don't have is, frankly, lunacy.

If this wasn't what you meant to imply, it would be worth clarifying, as it seems I and the others on this thread read it that way.

I'm always so impressed how noble people are; thanks @duc900 , I'm not sure what all the poor and misled potential Lucid Air buyers would do without you policing the forums to ensure that everyone knows what the car doesn't have. I for one think its very honorable of you to be so concerned for these potential buyers.

Can I make a suggestion? Make a thread called "Potential Buyer? Here's what the Lucid Air doesn't have yet that other cars do". I mean, you'll probably run out the character limit on forum posts since that list could be infinite, but think of all the potential buyers you'd be rescuing from the potential unfairness of not knowing what a $155,000 car may be missing! I mean, at that price, it's deceptively a no-brainer. You have to be careful, such a cheaply priced car can often have pitfalls and it's dangerously easy to spend a measly $155k on a car without knowing everything about it.

@duc900 , you're the hero we need, but not the one we deserve. Thanks for what you do. <3

Man, when they do ad the option, I hope they give the option to select L, R, or both... that would be rad...

Instead of being forced to do BOTH, or JUST R, like other car companies with dinosaur fuel. 😆

I'm always so impressed how noble people are; thanks @duc900 , I'm not sure what all the poor and misled potential Lucid Air buyers would do without you policing the forums to ensure that everyone knows what the car doesn't have. I for one think its very honorable of you to be so concerned for these potential buyers.

Can I make a suggestion? Make a thread called "Potential Buyer? Here's what the Lucid Air doesn't have yet that other cars do". I mean, you'll probably run out the character limit on forum posts since that list could be infinite, but think of all the potential buyers you'd be rescuing from the potential unfairness of not knowing what a $155,000 car may be missing! I mean, at that price, it's deceptively a no-brainer. You have to be careful, such a cheaply priced car can often have pitfalls and it's dangerously easy to spend a measly $155k on a car without knowing everything about it.

@duc900 , you're the hero we need, but not the one we deserve. Thanks for what you do. <3

Congrats, this site behaves exactly like the Tesla forums. You should be proud.

The point is simple: Lucid can't do less than its competition on basic features and disappoint consumers. If it does, it will not sell cars successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back