Rear Deck Creaking Noise

Having the same issue. Tech worked on my car Friday, issue is better but not resolved. Curious what your tech comes back with. I’ll report what mine says too.
I may have the same issue or in addition. My AGT is a rattle and squeak machine. The Service Center has failed to repair it. It's been present since delivery 10/13/2022 and has been 34 days in the SC. It's an obvious noise, and I estimate they didn't even test drive. They even asked me for advice how find the rattling! I've experimented with driving in different bumps around town, and the attached emulates the issue every time and even at less than 5 mph in my driveway as in the photo. I was planning to bring the bumps (heavy duty solid rubber, 48"x12" footprint, 2.25" tall, 25 lbs, and rated for 10 Tons) together with a decibel meter to the SC to show them the noise and how to repair it. However, I've now also submitted a ticket with Customer Care and also the SC to declare my Lucid as a lemon. I have two tickets with Customer Care since 12/23/2023. One ticket is Drive System Warning -- call CC, and I did 12/23/2022. I have called to check whether it's recorded, and it is. They don't send ticket confirmations. I later also texted and emailed SC, and they said last Thu my car must be towed immediately but haven't heard from them since. Seems as if CC and SC don't have a common ticket system

Attachments

• Captures1.PNG
    Captures1.PNG
    4.3 MB · Views: 87
Those are good questions to ponder, but it doesn’t do any good to even know their answers. Each car is just a little bit different. Try the foam and see if it solves the issue.

I used some foam tape I had laying around, actually made by Porsche. I didn’t peel the backing, just pushed it in there. Used a plastic trim tool to gently push it out of sight.

Any neoprene will work, for example: https://a.co/d/bhMIRKR
I conducted the same fix this morning (used some 3M foam I had from a different project). I have yet to test drive but came to the same conclusion regarding the deck to glass contact being the root cause. While annoying and disappointing that it made it through QAQC like this, I've had other new (and not inexpensive) cars with NVH issues. I'm actually quite impressed with Lucid's build quality as a new manufacturer overall.

I can confirm the Bobby Rear Deck Foam™ totally works. Went to the local hardware store this morning. Got a roll of foam tape. Cut off a few pieces for the left and right of my rear deck, stuffed them in place, and abracadabra, the occasional creak I was hearing over bumps is 100% gone. Cost a few bucks and took all of 5 minutes.

I have to say it was strange driving around looking to steer into bumps in the road for testing. But I was so ecstatic the sound was gone I couldn’t help but laugh over every one.

I’m going to spend a bit more time tucking the pieces a bit further down, as you can see them slightly from the outside right now. But once I do that, this will be a perfect fix.

Should we have to do something like this to our fancy cars? No. But fixing it was so simple and cheap I find it was well worth it compared to stewing every time I drive over a bump.

Thanks again to @Bobby for another fantastic DIY fix.

I’ve done the foam on both sides and tucked it down (I’ll probably never get it back out) but still have the creak. I thought I positioned it as posted elsewhere in the thread but I clearly still need to work on it.
Drives me nuts but am hopefully I can get this trademarked fix to work. I should have come to the Carlsbad shindig for personal assistance!

I’ve done the foam on both sides and tucked it down (I’ll probably never get it back out) but still have the creak. I thought I positioned it as posted elsewhere in the thread but I clearly still need to work on it.
Drives me nuts but am hopefully I can get this trademarked fix to work. I should have come to the Carlsbad shindig for personal assistance!
Same. Driving me totally insane. CC is trying their best but can’t locate the creaks.

I’ve had the same issue and also put foam along the back edge of the deck. That seemed to help as well. I still get the occasional creak (though it’s greatly reduced) and was going to put some material in the gap between the forward edge of the rear deck and the rear shade mechanism.

Since delivery of my Touring, I have been plagued by a creaking from the rear passenger side of the vehicle. I have read through this forum from start to finish more than once, and have put foam in the recommended places, but still had the creak. It is always worse in the morning when the car is cold, which makes my drive to Starbucks less than pleasant.

It got to be so frustrating that this weekend I had a friend drive me around the neighborhood while I sat in the back trying to locate the noise. Interestingly, I didn't hear anything. When back home, I noticed that as I moved position in the back seat, I'd occasionally hear a creaking noise. I kept pressing various parts of the seat until I located an area that, when pressed, always resulted in a noise.

I shoved a microfiber towel in the offending area until I couldn't hear anything when pressing around the seat. It's now day two, and I haven't heard the sound again. While I'm not yet ready to declare victory, I am cautiously optimistic that I have finally identified the problem. I know it sounds strange to those who aren't bothered by this type of stuff (like my wife, who always said she could never hear it), but this was the one thing that was keeping me from enjoying my car like I should.

I hope by posting this I haven't jinxed myself. I have included a picture of my temporary solution.

Attachments

• IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 115
Since delivery of my Touring, I have been plagued by a creaking from the rear passenger side of the vehicle. I have read through this forum from start to finish more than once, and have put foam in the recommended places, but still had the creak. It is always worse in the morning when the car is cold, which makes my drive to Starbucks less than pleasant.

It got to be so frustrating that this weekend I had a friend drive me around the neighborhood while I sat in the back trying to locate the noise. Interestingly, I didn't hear anything. When back home, I noticed that as I moved position in the back seat, I'd occasionally hear a creaking noise. I kept pressing various parts of the seat until I located an area that, when pressed, always resulted in a noise.

I shoved a microfiber towel in the offending area until I couldn't hear anything when pressing around the seat. It's now day two, and I haven't heard the sound again. While I'm not yet ready to declare victory, I am cautiously optimistic that I have finally identified the problem. I know it sounds strange to those who aren't bothered by this type of stuff (like my wife, who always said she could never hear it), but this was the one thing that was keeping me from enjoying my car like I should.

I hope by posting this I haven't jinxed myself. I have included a picture of my temporary solution.
I have something similar. Rattling in the rear passenger side. For easy and repeatable testing, the black/yellow speed bumps in large parking lots like at my Costo are good. Only need to drive 5 mph. And if youre there after hours you can drive so only one wheel hits the bump at the time. I actually bought such bumps for the Lucid Seattle Service Center to test with on my agt thats in their shop right now with those bumps. Yes, hilarious, i know.

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing an annoying, rather loud, creaking noise coming from the rear "deck" behind the back seats (the area where the rear speakers are mounted). Each time the rear wheels go over a bump (especially when only one of the rear wheels hits a bump or drops into a dip in the road but not the other rear wheel....), that deck makes a very annoying creaking sound (as though the plastic is twisting and rubbing up against where is meets the back window). I have put the back seats down thinking the deck may be rubbing against the seats but that doesn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas of how to stop the noise would be welcomed. I've had two Model S's and an Audi S8 and none of them have had a cheap sounding rattle/creak like my Lucid has. My wife just got an EQS SUV and no cheap sounding rattle coming from it.
I have a slightly different creaking trunk issue: the clamshell makes a creaking sound on the lefthand side as it opens up, as if the rubber gasket is catching on something.

I have a slightly different creaking trunk issue: the clamshell makes a creaking sound on the lefthand side as it opens up, as if the rubber gasket is catching on something.
Well have we (@Bobby mainly) got just the fix for you. Spray this https://a.co/d/fSKIJcF all over the rubber lining around the trunk lid. Be liberal with it.

It'll fix your squelching sound.

Quick update - my rear creaking noise has been eliminated. It wasn't the deck, rather an area on the rear seat, passenger side. My initial quick fix was to stuff a microfiber towel in the area. My updated, permanent fix has been to use the Bobby Foam™ I bought thinking it was the rear deck creak. When applied to the area noted in yellow, stuffed down using a trim tool so it's unnoticeable, the annoying noise is gone.

Attachments

• IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3763-2.jpg
    IMG_3763-2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 109
... use the Bobby Foam™ ... the annoying noise is gone.
Late night TV ad: "Bobby Foam, for when you really don't want to froth at the mouth... Bobby Foam!"

My glass cockpit had an ad and tried to sell me Bobby Foam today........
Well... Lucid does need to make up the difference between selling price and the reported current manufacturing price... so beware of their price markup! ;-)

Well... Lucid does need to make up the difference between selling price and the reported current manufacturing price... so beware of their price markup! ;-)
Just to be clear, all profits from sale of Bobby Foam go to a worthy cause.

Tried long ago, after you posted originally. Helped a bit but not the main, deep creaks.
This is exactly why I’ve been advocating for Lucid to come up with the fix. Bobby, your solution may have worked for many, but what happens when a creak reappears and Lucid finds foam stuffed between the glass when you end up having to report it to keep your sanity in check?

Their attempt at fixing my creak from the rear deck improved it somewhat, but it’s very much present.

IMO, the solution is a rear deck that’s wrapped in cloth, or the same wool woven material, or alcantara.

Quick update - my rear creaking noise has been eliminated. It wasn't the deck, rather an area on the rear seat, passenger side. My initial quick fix was to stuff a microfiber towel in the area. My updated, permanent fix has been to use the Bobby Foam™ I bought thinking it was the rear deck creak. When applied to the area noted in yellow, stuffed down using a trim tool so it's unnoticeable, the annoying noise is gone.
Interesting. Were you able to reproduce it somehow to find out that that’s where the creak was coming from?

Back