Real world mileage: boston to NYC

This is accurate. With ACC I normally get 3.6-3.9, particularly on our road trip to San Diego and back.

But if you look at the overall mi/kWh, it's ~2, because when I'm driving it I'm driving it, hehe.
So Borski, you are getting around 240-250 miles for your personal True Range if I read your numbers correctly? Not counting road trips just, normal daily/weekly driving.

hydbob, you have had the car for almost 5 months now. What is your take on True Range for yourself with your style of driving, whatever that may be? Do you think in your mind, its about 250, or 300, or something else for your daily/weekly use?
Hmm, I tend to stay hover between 2.9 and 3.2 mi/kwh which would put me between 340 - 375 mile range. I'm pretty comfortable with that. I like to accelerate quick and I drive as close to 80 on freeways and am always around 9mph over the limit on normal city streets. I have the 21" without the aero inserts. I also almost always keep it in smooth as well.

It will probably change as the weather gets warmer, but I benefit from being in SoCal and am able to keep my car in the garage, so it's never super cold or super hot weather and the battery itself doesn't have wild swings in temp either.

So Borski, you are getting around 240-250 miles for your personal True Range if I read your numbers correctly? Not counting road trips just, normal daily/weekly driving.

It’s not really a valid number. Trips in Smooth with other people in the car who I don’t want to make sick are around 3.2-3.8 on average.

Trips in Swift or Sprint, alone, on windy backroads for fun are probably in the 1.2-1.5 range :p

For normal driving I see roughly 3.4-3.5ish on average. I’m not mad about it.

Also it definitely improved as I drove it more; partially because I got better at “reading” the car, and partially because of the apparent 3k mile break in period. I’m at 4250 or so now.

The 3000 mile "break-in" period might also be the new-owner break-in period - the length of time it takes to get over mashing the accelerator whenever traffic allows.

Back