Protective film for your screens

Has anyone gotten XPEL RX Protective film for the screens in their Lucids?
Interesting. The XPEL shop that I use didn't say anything about it. Will ask.

Is there normally a lot of microbial activity on these screens to need something like this? Or is it mainly for anti-scratch?

Going by the shop that I use here in Houston, https://www.gcautoshield.com/.

John is going to show the XPEL RX to me and another one that doesn't show fingerprints. I like the idea of no fingerprints.

May have to come visit John from Dallas then. I take it you like their work. Please share the name of the other film just in case. Thanks
Yes, his shop has done five cars for me and six for my brother.

Is there normally a lot of microbial activity on these screens to need something like this? Or is it mainly for anti-scratch?
If I get ceramic coating, will going through a touchless car wash(chemicals used in the water)degrade the ceramic coating?

And how long does ceramic coating usually last. Does it need to be reapplied?

I sent templates late last week of both the "glass cockpit" and "pilot panel" to NuShield for consideration of the DayVue shield. Will let ya'll know when I get quotes.

If I get ceramic coating, will going through a touchless car wash(chemicals used in the water)degrade the ceramic coating?

And how long does ceramic coating usually last. Does it need to be reapplied?
It shouldn't, but check with your installer. Which brand ceramic are you planning on? There's another thread about graphene vs. Ceramic

Found and ordered this:

Found and ordered this:
Please report back how you like it.

I like the Screen Protech. It DEFINITELY reduces fingerprints! The install is a little tricky because the pilot panel os so big. Even though I thought I cleaned really well, I caught a little speck of something and may need to reinstall it. 🙄

but overall I am happy with it. I prefer the feel of the glass under my fingers, but the fingerprints were too much for me. I also appreciate that they included a piece for the (lidar?) portal at the front of the car.

I installed the Screen Protect myself and I love it. It does decrease the finger prints and it wasn't that hard to install. They have installation videos on their website.

@Mata Hari...the small piece of film is NOT to be install for the Lidar. The small piece of film is for the rear passenger AC/Vent screen.

Hahahaha, oops!
thanks for the er, clarification!

I installed my Protech films today and unless you install it in a clean room you will get dust and other stuff on the one that goes on the front screen because it is too big to handle. If possible have a pro install it.

I will see if the bubbles go away because there are a ton of them on the left side. Also see how much dust shows up behind the screen. I bought the package with two films so will see if I can do a better job with the second one if the first one is ruined.

Also big caveat make sure the car goes to sleep or your Vipers and Frunk will go nutso on you while you are trying to squeeze or even maneuver the large piece of film.

The one for the console was easy to install. I had to match it to the bottom and that left a bit of space at the top but not something to worry about.
Will see if it helps with the fingerprints.

Will need to review after all the water has dried up under the films and bubbles if any are gone.

Again find a way to put the solution while separating the large piece from its cover and that may help with the dust that it attracts.

Attachments

• IMG_5450.jpeg
    IMG_5450.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
One of the things you can get is to peel it off of dust gets behind the film and use the solution and squeegee to take it off.

Back