- Joined
- Dec 25, 2021
- Messages
- 593
- Reaction score
- 254
- Location
- Atlanta, GA
- Cars
- Lucid Air Grand Touring
- Referral Code
- 83YOVHQD
Has anyone gotten XPEL RX Protective film for the screens in their Lucids?
Interesting. The XPEL shop that I use didn't say anything about it. Will ask.Has anyone gotten XPEL RX Protective film for the screens in their Lucids?
May have to come visit John from Dallas then. I take it you like their work. Please share the name of the other film just in case. ThanksGoing by the shop that I use here in Houston, https://www.gcautoshield.com/.
John is going to show the XPEL RX to me and another one that doesn't show fingerprints. I like the idea of no fingerprints.
Yes, his shop has done five cars for me and six for my brother.May have to come visit John from Dallas then. I take it you like their work. Please share the name of the other film just in case. Thanks
If I get ceramic coating, will going through a touchless car wash(chemicals used in the water)degrade the ceramic coating?Is there normally a lot of microbial activity on these screens to need something like this? Or is it mainly for anti-scratch?
It shouldn't, but check with your installer. Which brand ceramic are you planning on? There's another thread about graphene vs. CeramicIf I get ceramic coating, will going through a touchless car wash(chemicals used in the water)degrade the ceramic coating?
And how long does ceramic coating usually last. Does it need to be reapplied?
screenprotech.com
Please report back how you like it.Found and ordered this:
![]()
Screen ProTech Screen Protectors
Custom-designed screen protector kits for the infotainment screen, driver display, center consoles, and passenger dash in Toyota, Ford, Subaru, Tesla, Jeep, Acura, BMW, and more. Protect your vehicle’s interior from scratches, fingerprints and glare with easy-install Screen ProTech film that...screenprotech.com
Great choice!Found and ordered this:
![]()
Screen ProTech Screen Protectors
Custom-designed screen protector kits for the infotainment screen, driver display, center consoles, and passenger dash in Toyota, Ford, Subaru, Tesla, Jeep, Acura, BMW, and more. Protect your vehicle’s interior from scratches, fingerprints and glare with easy-install Screen ProTech film that...screenprotech.com
Wouldn't putting it into screen cleaning mode take care of this issue?Also big caveat make sure the car goes to sleep or your Vipers and Frunk will go nutso on you while you are trying to squeeze or even maneuver the large piece of film.
Yes.Wouldn't putting it into screen cleaning mode take care of this issue?