Project Gravity (Lucid Motors SUV) Page Now Live

Any idea as to ground clearance?
I actually take my Volvo XC90 off road.

There's been little information about the Gravity released. Here's a picture of the clearance:

1652057249916.png

Here's article talking about how the Gravity will be oriented towards Urban/Suburban Drivers not offroaders:

Those look like the GT-P Wheels!

sorry, not a fan. looks like a cross between a wood sided station wally wagon and a box car.

On the waitlist. I saw in an interview that Derek Jenkins say the gravity body did undergo a few changes since it’s sneak peek unveiling. Can’t wait for updates. The sales of this will go pretty well I think especially if all the features are readily available by then.

I signed up but it looks like the waitlist is really just signing up to get email announcements and presumably a notification when reservations will open up.

Yes. Current Lucid owners are supposed to get the first crack at reserving a Gravity, so I think you will hear about it here via an email received before the website goes live for general reservations.

Interesting perspective on a photo of an SUV that has no wood sides and is very curvey in styling. Below is what you're describing. The Gravity looks nothing like that.
Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.08.02 AM.png

sorry, not a fan. looks like a cross between a wood sided station wally wagon and a box car

I plan to trade my Air GT in when the Gravity becomes available. Personally I really like the look.

I plan to trade my Air GT in when the Gravity becomes available. Personally I really like the look.
Totally different market between the 2 cars for me. I'm extremely curious on the final design and pricing. From the pictures, I can't say I'm currently a fan. The pictures are a bit obscured though and I'd prefer to see the final package. I'm really curious when they might decide to demo off or show something to the public. Lucid's focus on optimizing interior space is honestly the most interesting part in regards to the gravity. I would love an SUV with the size of a full van inside.

Lucid's focus on optimizing interior space is honestly the most interesting part in regards to the gravity. I would love an SUV with the size of a full van inside.

Same here. I've had a Rivian R1S reservation since early 2019 with plans to replace our Honda Odyssey minivan with it. However, now that the independent reviews are coming in, it appears the Rivian doesn't have the third-row seating room to make it a candidate to replace the Honda -- plus the Rivian is more biased toward off-roading (with the associated weight and range penalties) than I need.

So we're now looking at the Lucid Gravity as the Honda replacement . . . but we'll be keeping our Air Dream Performance. If we do dump an extra sedan, it'll be the Model S Plaid.

"CarBuzz" produced an artist's rendering of a possible look for the Gravity. If the final product is anything like this, I'm in (except maybe for the wheels):

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 8.53.50 AM.png

Back