Problems, glitches, issues and observations etc

The service rep said that they're having a lot of problems with Alexa and have a team working on it.
Ha. After the first team went home several months ago, after giving each other a high-five for job well done, the new team is in place now...

Last edited:
I swear this guy has to be trolling us just like the cybertruck guy

I swear this guy has to be trolling us just like the cybertruck guy
I’ve had a Mercedes with the same type of stalk for several years. Looked at it maybe twice and muscle memory ever since.
With some of the posts around here recently, have to wonder whether they’re short on Lucid stock.

I wish the Lucid Air had heads up display....and would tell you what the speed limit is at the current location. I could have sworn the Air initially advertised having the heads up display
Never saw anything about a HUD but DreamDrive Pro (maybe DreamDrive) will eventually tell you the speed limit. I believe it’s in the demo video on their site.

it still sounds like a lot of features aren’t enabled yet but hopefully they’re turned on sooner rather than later

I'm sure this has been mentioned before multiple times, but rather than waiting 20 seconds, you can push on the driver's door handle to unlock the car. That's not the ultimate answer – it should just work, but I noticed that if I don't get into the car right away or walk around the car for a while, the doors will lock. At that point, I need to walk away wait and come back, or just press the door handle. A quick press will not unlock the doors, you have to hold it in for 2-3 seconds.
Alex, the locking aspect that occurs if you don’t get in the car after a short period after unlocking, is standard behavior in most cars. It’s a security feature that assumes, for a variety of reasons, you decided you’re not getting in but forgot to relook the car. That’s what you’d want to occur.

Has anyone noticed two dark spots near the top of the left side of the headlight beam? We see it on the road and more clearly when the lights come on in the garage.
Yes and I do not like them - DE #148 - Southern Cal

Yes and I do not like them - DE #148 - Southern Cal
hmp got a response from the service tech about that...something about reducing glare for oncoming drivers

Anyone having issues with wireless charging and iPhone Max? My wife's iphone (regular size) works and my phone will charge on a wireless pad at home so I know its not my otterbox case. Wondering if the larger phone is an issue.

Anyone having issues with wireless charging and iPhone Max? My wife's iphone (regular size) works and my phone will charge on a wireless pad at home so I know its not my otterbox case. Wondering if the larger phone is an issue.
Large phones are an issue primarily because the charging pad's coils may not line up with the phone's, but generally the phone thickness with a case would be the main obstacle. You also need to make sure the back of the phone makes flush contact with the charging pad - a camera bump does not help.

What I found for my iPhone 13 Pro Max with Apple leather case is that, if the phone is inserted all the way, the camera bump will cause the phone to not lie flush with the charging pad. If I insert the phone until the camera bump hits the top of the charging pad, wireless charging will start (sometimes I have to pull the phone forward and back onto the charging pad). At that point, I can usually slide the phone all the way down and it maintains wireless charging. Since the sliding cover can't close with this my phone setup, I usually just stop when the camera bump hits the top.

Have you tried charging without your case? Maybe your case just has too much thickness and the charging pad is marginally charging – and watch for that camera bump.

A number of people complained when the newer iPhones came out. Not sure if it started with the 12 or 13 but Apple moved the coil and alot of wireless chargers in cars stopped working with it. The Max has the biggest issues with this as well. I don't think it helps that the camera bump is getting bigger and bigger also so the phone can't sit flush on the pad.

On a side note, tested integration with Google assistant this morning. If the car is asleep it can't fetch certain thing like battery charge. It will check status of door and I was able to get remote climate to work properly. After waking up, battery state was able to be fetched.

On a side note, tested integration with Google assistant this morning. If the car is asleep it can't fetch certain thing like battery charge. It will check status of door and I was able to get remote climate to work properly. After waking up, battery state was able to be fetched.
did they enable android auto or is this a different kind of integration? can you make calls via the google assistant?

This is not Android Auto, just part of the integration into Google Assistant. Link Lucid to your Google Assistant and say "Hey Google, Talk to Lucid Motors"...then you can ask it a bunch of stuff. This is from a Google Assistant device and not in the car. So, instead of using the app, you can set your remote temp or defrost while getting ready for work via Google Assistant. Nice for those in colder climates who don't wanna pick up the phone

Yea...white carpet is beautiful, but first day I got it I put the mats in and never looked back.

Okay so the MotorTrend mats came today!! Now all I need is my Dream Edition car to put them in!!

IMG_3869.jpg

Park distance and the graphics on the camera screen are really the item that drives me the most crazy. It's a short drive. The car is about 5 inches from the curb. 4-6 inches is were you need to be for so many of the small spaces in CA. I find neither of the screens to be helpful other than when it goes all red I know I am getting close.

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 209
Have you had a problem with the trunk not staying closed?
Has anyone heard a high-pitched, mechanical squeal coming from the A/C vents when getting into the car? I've had it happen twice, and both times it stopped when I toggled the fan speed switch on the dashboard up and down.
No I had no problem with it.
However, there are a lot of little problems which I hope will get corrected with Jan and Feb software updates.

Back