Prices dropped again

He has a point, the EQS is commonly leasing for much lower than that.

An advantage of the older dealer model means you can negotiate far below the actual listed price, it isnt like lucid where prices are final as shown on the website.
Exactly. The EQS is an undesirable car. I’m not disputing that. The msrp is too high, dealers are discounting them heavily, but you usually have to negotiate and pit dealers against each other to find the bottom line price. It’s annoying and a huge hassle. Hence why sites like leasehackr were created

Reactions: DBV
Exactly. The EQS is an undesirable car. I’m not disputing that. The msrp is too high, dealers are discounting them heavily, but you usually have to negotiate and pit dealers against each other to find the bottom line price. It’s annoying and a huge hassle. Hence why sites like leasehackr were created
Actually, even the dealers are complaining about the EQS and saying that it "isnt a car most people aspire for." I too, wouldnt aspire to own the honda civic eqs:
1700675537436.png

Actually, even the dealers are complaining about the EQS and saying that it "isnt a car most people aspire for." I too, wouldnt aspire to own the honda civic eqs:
View attachment 16568
Yea I think the bland egg shaped styling is a big part of that. They should’ve just used the S class body and electrified it, similar to BMW i7. I think people are used to that level of luxury and would sacrifice a little coefficient of drag for that.

View attachment 16568
Thank you Lucid design team for showing that aerodynamics don't have to be blob-shaped (and at the same time, can actually be quite attractive).

Leasehackr does not have any deals in Florida and I have never seen that site. My previous comments were based on the deals I got talking to local dealerships. I did not focus on monthly payment but more on cost of the vehicle to buy and the lease factor to see of it made sense to lease it. I made a decision to keep my money in treasury bills earning 5% and to lease the car at 0% money factor.

Obviously, I preferred Lucid over the other cars.

Leasehackr does not have any deals in Florida and I have never seen that site. My previous comments were based on the deals I got talking to local dealerships. I did not focus on monthly payment but more on cost of the vehicle to buy and the lease factor to see of it made sense to lease it. I made a decision to keep my money in treasury bills earning 5% and to lease the car at 0% money factor.

Obviously, I preferred Lucid over the other cars.
All regions are covered. There are Mercedes deals in Florida as well.

The 0% interest only really matters if you’re planning to buy out the car after the lease term. Then yes, you saved money over financing it from the start.

If you plan to return it, you still paid more in depreciation over the lease term than an EQS interest+ depreciation over the same term.

I don’t see why this is hard to understand. 36 months on a lucid GT is $1500/month with taxes/fees at signing. An EQS is $900/month for 36 months with taxes/fees at signing. You pay less for the EQS. This should not be a point of contention

All regions are covered. There are Mercedes deals in Florida as well.

The 0% interest only really matters if you’re planning to buy out the car after the lease term. Then yes, you saved money over financing it from the start.

If you plan to return it, you still paid more in depreciation over the lease term than an EQS interest+ depreciation over the same term.

I don’t see why this is hard to understand. 36 months on a lucid GT is $1500/month with taxes/fees at signing. An EQS is $900/month for 36 months with taxes/fees at signing. You pay less for the EQS. This should not be a point of contention
True. And I agree. The Lucid incentives are not as big as they have cleverly designed them to look.

But that’s kinda how capitalism works?

Despite the EQS being cheaper, and Mercedes being a much more established luxury brand, the Air is currently outselling it.

What does that tell us?

This is a data point. I live in a state where historically we dont get great deals compared to CA / NY, so I expect better deals in those historically better-deal markets (100 to 200 less or no down). This is an autonation dealer so usually no haggling it down. This is what my local MB dealer emailed:

This Black Friday Weekend, enjoy exclusive lease deals on our highly requested New Mercedes-Benz Models!*

5k down 36-month Lease

All EQB 250 $499
All EQB 300 $599

PF05025 23 EQE 500 $799
PF025443 23 EQE 500 $799
PF026190 23 EQE AMG $999
PA019347 23 EQS 450 $999
PA016464 23 EQS 450 $1099
PA019481 23 EQS 580 $1199
PA016448 23 EQS 450 $1199
PA017451 23 EQS 580 $1199
PA015407 23 EQS 580 $1199
PA018528 23 EQS 580 $1199
PA040299
23 EQS 450 $1199

Well, if you can get a eqs 580 no money down for $900 a month then that is unbeatable. Best I got was like $1,700 a month for EQS 580.

True. And I agree. The Lucid incentives are not as big as they have cleverly designed them to look.

Despite the EQS being cheaper, and Mercedes being a much more established luxury brand, the Air is currently outselling it.

What does that tell us?
I 100% agree, and I’ve made that point earlier, the EQS is not a desirable car. My only point is to those saying that lucid’s lease deal and money factor incentive makes it cheaper than anyone else.

Wow.. Don't think we want to be contentious, but rather than being negative towards others who doubt your posted deals, I suggest some current research at MB dealer sites on new stock... You want me to believe a Lease Hacker screen shot or real dealer promotional deals? This is current active promo lease here.. Not remotely close to your suggestion of no drive offs with low low prices...
His point is exactly right. I would never use or even look at dealer promotional deals when leasing or buying. There are lots of other incentives that are never or rarely included in those promotional deals that are much better. Those deals just get the people in that have no desire to negotiate.

Leasehacker and even forums, like the BMW/Mercedes forums also give much better feedback on what you should be getting a BMW/Mercedes, etc for. There are crazy lease deals for the EQS sedan or BMW IX right now (those are the only two I have been following).

Great thing about Lucid or Tesla, you don’t have to worry about that stuff or maybe not so great if someone was great at negotiating a much better deal than most people. 🙂

What does that tell us
i Agree the EQS is an unattractive car but they sold 1596 cars( Lucid sold 1457) according to their reporting for q3. So that’s about the same as Air. Neither company can continue with those numbers. Right now there is really no interest in Luxury Electric Cars( other than Tesla). In the luxury segment Porsche, the non Tesla leader, is only selling a little over 2,000 cars per quarter. Obv the Gravity at $80k could change that. But no one has seen what an $80k Gravity looks like. Everything being shown by Lucid with Gravity is $135k and up. I am hoping that we can buy an $80k Gravity and upgrade interiors etc and have a decent car for $95k. If not Gravity will be lucky to sell 10,000 cars In 2025.

Alway happy to look further.. I was looking at current Lease Hacker deals and saw the 830/month EQS is with a fleet deal.. As shown it requires a 10k security deposit... Did I misread?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 3.57.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 3.57.41 PM.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 46
i Agree the EQS is an unattractive car but they sold 1596 cars( Lucid sold 1457) according to their reporting for q3. So that’s about the same as Air. Neither company can continue with those numbers. Right now there is really no interest in Luxury Electric Cars( other than Tesla). In the luxury segment Porsche, the non Tesla leader, is only selling a little over 2,000 cars per quarter. Obv the Gravity at $80k could change that. But no one has seen what an $80k Gravity looks like. Everything being shown by Lucid with Gravity is $135k and up. I am hoping that we can buy an $80k Gravity and upgrade interiors etc and have a decent car for $95k. If not Gravity will be lucky to sell 10,000 cars In 2025.

Model-S being 10 years old model is selling at 2x volume of Lucid Air this year; therefore multiple price cuts was implemented to not lose more Tesla market share. The above 70k price EVs is just not selling as easily this year. Whether it’s economic uncertainty, inflation shrinking spending power or higher interest rate, IMO, Lucid is actually doing fine selling at 1/2 of MS volume for being 2nd year EV maker. This segment of market is getting saturated and macroeconomic do need to improve. SUV/truck is just bigger market. In Houston, I see 70% of vehicles on the road are SUV/crossover/truck, strategically this is what Lucid chose to go first in sedan to showcase their performance and efficiency.

But no one has seen what an $80k Gravity looks like. Everything being shown by Lucid with Gravity is $135k and up.
Nobody has seen the price of a Dream or GT equivalent either so we do not know the price. I suspect it will be well below $135k. But that is just speculation on my part just as the $135k is speculation on your part.

You conveniently forget the Saudi connection. 5000 cars will be bought by the Saudi Gov every year initially, then 10000 a year. Add to that private sales in the Gulf countries. If you think Gravity will only sell 10k a year, you are really smoking something. SUV sales are at least x 4 sedan sales. Add to that the fact that Lucid has no real competitor- range is king for SUV's. Lucid also uses a 40% smaller battery pack means they can sell the cars for less or make more profit per car. I see them selling 40k a year at least in 2025/2026. Then of course you have the small SUV coming into production.

The mere fact that Lucid, a btand new company, is close to out-selling Mercedes and Porsche is outstanding!

Alway happy to look further.. I was looking at current Lease Hacker deals and saw the 830/month EQS is with a fleet deal.. As shown it requires a 10k security deposit... Did I misread?
You just have to have an Amex card or be a Sam’s club member to get the fleet discount. It costs $40 to sign up for a membership if by some chance you don’t. In the screenshot you posted, correct there are additional discounts for security deposit, but even without it it’s cheaper than a lucid’s lease.

Again, I’m still happy to pay $200 more for a lucid air touring!! But I’m not getting fooled by lucid’s 0 MF incentives that somehow I’m saving money by getting a lucid over an EQS or iX

You just have to have an Amex card or be a Sam’s club member to get the fleet discount. It costs $40 to sign up for a membership if by some chance you don’t. In the screenshot you posted, correct there are additional discounts for security deposit, but even without it it’s cheaper than a lucid’s lease.

Again, I’m still happy to pay $200 more for a lucid air touring!! But I’m not getting fooled by lucid’s 0 MF incentives that somehow I’m saving money by getting a lucid over an EQS or iX
Sorry but you keep on comparing how much cheaper an EQS is to the Lucid. It sounds like you are a great shopper and get great discounts. But if someone really wanted to save money, just go buy a Chevy Bolt EUV. It’s a great car!

I just don’t think you can compare an EQS fleet lease on a special deal with a Lucid deal. lucid does not have fleet discounts or any super great deals. If you want the car, you can buy it, finance it or lease it. There is no negotiating with Lucid as you can a Mercedes.

Btw, what car did you get?

Reactions: sri
I just don’t think you can compare an EQS fleet lease on a special deal with a Lucid deal. lucid does not have fleet discounts or any super great deals. If you want the car, you can buy it, finance it or lease it. There is no negotiating with Lucid as you can a Mercedes.

Look, I’m pro Lucid, but why cant you? Its the Lucid’s “fault” that it doesnt have any discounts. Its like saying a basketball player is only good because he is tall and he would be bad if he was shorter. Even if that was to be true, its a part of the player(or car in our scenario) and you cant just remove that variable.

Back