PPF in Leased cars

Reaction score
Cars
Tesla Model Y, Acura MDX
I just signed a 3 year lease to get an Air Pure.
I was wondering if folks are applying PPF on leased cars?
Which area are you covering?
If I don’t apply a PPF and I choose to return the car at the end of lease do I have to fix the chips before returning it?
Lucid is relatively rare I am wondering if PPF shop will mess up sensor or cause other issues.
I had a Tesla model y for almost 4 years. In those days folks weee spending 1000’s wrapping the entire car. I chose not to PPF. I did not get any chips and the car was sold for asking price in a day.

I do understand the Lucid Air is lower and may be more prone to chipping.

I just signed a 3 year lease to get an Air Pure.
I was wondering if folks are applying PPF on leased cars?
Which area are you covering?
If I don’t apply a PPF and I choose to return the car at the end of lease do I have to fix the chips before returning it?
Lucid is relatively rare I am wondering if PPF shop will mess up sensor or cause other issues.
I had a Tesla model y for almost 4 years. In those days folks weee spending 1000’s wrapping the entire car. I chose not to PPF. I did not get any chips and the car was sold for asking price in a day.

I do understand the Lucid Air is lower and may be more prone to chipping.
Personally, I wouldn’t PPF a lease. We haven’t had anyone here report how a lease return went yet. Still soon to tell. But usually tiny rock chips are considered normal wear and tear. It’s any large dings, the size of a nickel or larger, that are considered unexpected damage.

I’ll repeat what a return inspector for Audi told me a long time ago: “They want you to get another car. They’d be idiots to nickel and dime you over dumb stuff when they can make a lot more getting you into another lease.”

Obviously being careless and damaging things beyond reason is your fault and you’ll need to pay. But don’t sweat the small stuff.

The exception to this, of course, is Tesla. When I returned my Model 3, they were complete pricks about every little thing. Which just reinforced my decision to never even consider one of their vehicles again.

Personally, I wouldn’t PPF a lease. We haven’t had anyone here report how a lease return went yet. Still soon to tell. But usually tiny rock chips are considered normal wear and tear. It’s any large dings, the size of a nickel or larger, that are considered unexpected damage.

I’ll repeat what a return inspector for Audi told me a long time ago: “They want you to get another car. They’d be idiots to nickel and dime you over dumb stuff when they can make a lot more getting you into another lease.”

Obviously being careless and damaging things beyond reason is your fault and you’ll need to pay. But don’t sweat the small stuff.

The exception to this, of course, is Tesla. When I returned my Model 3, they were complete pricks about every little thing. Which just reinforced my decision to never even consider one of their vehicles again.
Spot on; Mazda even paid for / excused my excess mileage (of which there was a significant amount) and paid off my last two months to get me into a different lease two months early.

I lease all my cars for 20+ years.

Rock chips are fine.

Wheel curb rash is another story. I would save the money and use it fix up wheels at the end of lease.

The Lucid/BOA lease agreement specifically states the number and size of rock chips, etc. that they will accept. It also states that PPF, window tinting and smoking are excessive wear and they will charge you for it.

Back