Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

Just want to state my limited experience in Compton (20 minutes) while we are on ICE thread, I honestly saw ZERO EV that time, not even omnipresent Tesla.
That makes sense; EVs are more expensive.

There is a lot to choose from in silicon valley in both banking and venture capital. Your specific interest may change as you progress through high school and university. As to why you'd fit in - there are a lot of unusually capable people here, from diverse backgrounds. It's a stimulating environment to live in.
You're right in that interests change throughout high school. A statistic my counselor gave me was that 70 percent of people ended up going for a different major than they thought they would in 9th grade. I can definitely see what you mean by the unusually capable people there, as I could literally tell from the people around that region even on this forum!
Dude, get a Pixel phone next time.
If I was to get an Android, it would definitely be a Pixel. Samsung phones are way too bloated in terms of software. However, me picking Android over iOS (which is WAY lesser bloated than even the pixel).. let's just say that would only happen over my dead body! 🤣

Compton is one of my favorite places in LA.

Ostentatious displays of wealth (aka driving around in a Lucid) is a bad idea, for obvious reasons, but the violence (which has greatly decreased) is almost entirely between rival gangs, not random civilians.

Based on statistics in 2020, Compton experiences 232 violent crimes annually per 100,000 people. That rate is as low as places like Honolulu (Hawaii) and Boise (Idaho), so Compton is simply not that dangerous these days. It's the 28th most dangerous section of L.A. now.

The same rules apply as they do in any city:
1) Don't do business with criminals,
2) Don't engage in ostentatious displays of wealth.

But, if anything, like in Oakland, Compton has a spectacular local family / community vibe. It's the kind of place where once you get to know your neighbors and make friends, people will actually go out of their way to help each other out; watch each other's dogs, get groceries for the elderly, and so on. That sort of thing doesn't exist as much in places that have never faced hard times.

That's just my feeling, having spent plenty of time visiting friends who lived in Compton but never actually living there myself. Perhaps @hydbob can tell me if I'm right/wrong.
Compton's demographics have shifted wildly in the past decade to go from predominantly Black to Hispanic. It creates a very great diverse community which is still mainly upper lower and lower middle class, but it's definitely not the place where it was 30 years ago. Compton always seemed to be lumpef into South Central LA where gang activity was more rampant. Either way, I know all my grandma's neighbors from before and now and no one has been anything but friendly to me and my family. Even driving the Lucid around Compton you get so many thumbs up and head nods compared to even my own city. It's like the citizens of Compton can appreciate the Lucid more or something 😁

My less practical car 😉

Attachments

• IMG_6227.jpeg
    IMG_6227.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6226.jpeg
    IMG_6226.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6225.jpeg
    IMG_6225.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 29
My less practical car 😉
Is it able to move out of the driveway without smoke billowing out? 🤣

Just kidding, your car is beautiful! It's also in the correct Mclaren color... I just love that generation of Mclaren's in terms of design.

Is it able to move out of the driveway without smoke billowing out? 🤣

Just kidding, your car is beautiful! It's also in the correct Mclaren color... I just love that generation of Mclaren's in terms of design.
Perhaps uncharacteristically, mine had been entirely free of fire. Minor British car “character” issues but it’s been a joy!

It’s a volcano orange 570S Spider

Perhaps uncharacteristically, mine had been entirely free of fire. Minor British car “character” issues but it’s been a joy!

It’s a volcano orange 570S Spider
I could totally see how it would be great to drive, being a McLaren. I absolutely love the color! Just curious, but whoat minor bri'ish character issues does et haev? ;)

I could totally see how it would be great to drive, being a McLaren. I absolutely love the color! Just curious, but whoat minor bri'ish character issues does et haev? ;)
Minor things. Electrical glitches. Key and window issues. Nothing major or unknown to early Lucid owners! LOL

You're right in that interests change throughout high school. A statistic my counselor gave me was that 70 percent of people ended up going for a different major than they thought they would in 9th grade. I can definitely see what you mean by the unusually capable people there, as I could literally tell from the people around that region even on this forum!

If I was to get an Android, it would definitely be a Pixel. Samsung phones are way too bloated in terms of software. However, me picking Android over iOS (which is WAY lesser bloated than even the pixel).. let's just say that would only happen over my dead body! 🤣

Let me be a Mr. Grammar Know It All here, and encourage you to make use of the conditional subjunctive - “if I WERE” instead of “if I was”. For some reason it’ll make you sound more learned, more grown up than you yourself already seem.

Regarding your 70% statistic - my own high school counselor never gave me any such statistics, but she did tell me that “most people” end up in careers that are far away from what they major in in college. I can attest to that.

Let me be a Mr. Grammar Know It All here, and encourage you to make use of the conditional subjunctive - “if I WERE” instead of “if I was”. For some reason it’ll make you sound more learned, more grown up than you yourself already seem.

Regarding your 70% statistic - my own high school counselor never gave me any such statistics, but she did tell me that “most people” end up in careers that are far away from what they major in in college. I can attest to that.
So, that's when you became a bus driver? 😅

Oops, you're right about that (although correcting somebody on grammar almost got me banned earlier, lol)! To my knowledge, "If I were" is for hypothetical things, but "If I was" is for something that actually happened, right? I suspect this is starting to "fade out" of our English language, because it is commonly accepted as correct by English teachers and many of my peers do not use "If I were." Language is an always evolving thing, so none of us can be too sure about what it's like now. For example, try reading a text from the 1600s without having 5 consecutive strokes like me.. 🤣

About the statistic, our school has an informal poll that is taken once in 9th grade and another after college decisions. One question present is the major intended/achieved, which is where the split shows up. It's very interesting that "most" people end up in careers far away from what they majored in, since I totally did not expect that to be the case. I thought it would be the opposite, with it being hard to break away from your major (obviously probably only applicable for some professions and some stages of your career, but nevertheless..)! I've got my eyes set on a finance major but yet to decide whether to add another major to that (double major).. we'll check back in 3 more years if that stays the case or not.

Hey @Sapphire™ @RM-S8 have you heard of the new Ferrari V12? It somehow has a name worse than even the LaFerrari (or the Ferrari F150)... the "12 Cilindri" (wtf)? I liked the 812 as a grand tourer and its design was perfection for a front-engine car, but this car is ugly as sh*t and has the same HP as the 812. I found it hilarious how the front looks like they copied a Lucid. The interior is also a screenfest. They ruined the whole car.. it's almost like they WANT Lamborghini to beat them on all fronts. Can't wait for the Temerario!

1714744197462.png

Last edited:
Hey @Sapphire™ @RM-S8 have you heard of the new Ferrari V12? It somehow has a name worse than even the LaFerrari (or the Ferrari F150)... the "12 Cilindri" (wtf)? I liked the 812 as a grand tourer and its design was perfection for a front-engine car, but this car is ugly as sh*t and has the same HP as the 812. I found it hilarious how the front looks like they copied a Lucid. The interior is also a screenfest. They ruined the whole car.. it's almost like they WANT Lamborghini to beat them on all fronts. Can't wait for the Temerario!

View attachment 20389
You know that I'm not a big fan of that brand. I googled Ferrari 12 Cilindri, btw the name is as silly as Toyota's new Afeela (where the fcuk do they come with those names?).
To me, the car is very disproportional. The only good aspect is V12 of course.
Would I spend my money on this thing? Never.

Attachments

• AA1o3Tl8.jpeg
    AA1o3Tl8.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 13
Back