Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

I have other cars too but since all the haters comment how the Lucid looks like a Buick here’s a picture of my 2 cool Buicks 😎

Attachments

• IMG_5319.jpeg
    IMG_5319.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
I have other cars too but since all the haters comment how the Lucid looks like a Buick here’s a picture of my 2 cool Buicks 😎
lol... well played.

Gotta love the GN. :)

One of the coolest car collections(even though it’s 2) on the entire forum. STUNNING Grand national!(the actual photo skills and background here is amazing as well)

Saw one of those just outside of New Haven today. Looked fantastic.

Can I trade you my DE for the GN?

I was gonna say you could probably buy a few GN’s for the price of a DE but the market for 87 grand nationals has exploded 😂 I didn’t even realize clean ones were going for 50-60k$ these days.
The dream edition is kind of like a Buick GNX if you think about it.. high performance version, limited run of 500, except GNX’s were the last model year and DE were the first for Lucid. But who knows maybe one day clean extreme low mile Air Dream editions will bring big bucks at auction 🤷🏼‍♂️ (mine is obviously not a GNX)

A new addition to the ICE fleet … this will live in semi-retirement in NH:

Attachments

• IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    864 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    903.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    718.4 KB · Views: 29
I agree that the Corvette is a great car...I have been a Corvette guy for most of my life, having owned a few over the years. It was a lot of fun for a while when the Vipers and Corvettes were racing, but all good things come to an end. The nice part of them discontinuing the Viper...I have never owned a car which appreciates, and this one keeps getting better. I wish I still had my 1999 RT-10, red with white stripes. It was in a Jack-in-the Box commercial. JIB is a fast-food chain in SoCal.

No. V16 Cosworth naturally aspirated engine with like you said Rimac hybridity. Least that's the word.

Bugatti Mistral and Bolide production into early 2026.

New cat previewed in 2024 then 2026 release. ;)
No way... YOU WERE RIGHT! It has a BEAUTIFUL sounding v16! Got any more rumors? 🤣
Apparently revs to 9k with a 8.3 l displacement..

Last edited:
I agree that the Corvette is a great car...I have been a Corvette guy for most of my life, having owned a few over the years. It was a lot of fun for a while when the Vipers and Corvettes were racing, but all good things come to an end. The nice part of them discontinuing the Viper...I have never owned a car which appreciates, and this one keeps getting better. I wish I still had my 1999 RT-10, red with white stripes. It was in a Jack-in-the Box commercial. JIB is a fast-food chain in SoCal.
EV range issues?
I can barely go 100 miles on a full tank.
77 miles to empty.jpeg

No way... YOU WERE RIGHT! It has a BEAUTIFUL sounding v16! Got any more rumors? 🤣
Apparently revs to 9k with a 8.3 l displacement..
They were never rumours my friend. They were rock solid facts. However try these:

BUGATTI CHIRON SUCCESSOR WITH V16 HYBRID
A screaming 1,800 hp, good for 445 km/h

"For the successor to the W16 Chiron, Bugatti has developed a completely new 8.3-liter naturally aspirated V16 engine with hybrid power. We were already able to admire the masterpiece and its breathtaking sound

With its 16 cylinders and four turbochargers, the Bugatti W16 dominated an entire era of super...oh what...hyper sports cars. Now the W16 is history. But exactly eight years after the introduction of the Chiron, Bugatti presents the new centerpiece for the successor. This is a completely newly developed 8.3 liter, naturally aspirated V16 engine together with Cosworth. No turbochargers, no superchargers. But 9,000 tours and a screaming sound to kneel down on.

The two gigantic, one meter long eight-cylinder banks of the V16 engine are spread at an angle of 90 degrees. 16 arm-thick and arm-long intake funnels made of carbon sit enthroned above the cylinder heads. As in the Chiron , the engine in its successor - Bugatti has not yet revealed the name - will be located directly behind the first row of seats in a huge carbon monocoque. Together with the eight-speed dual-clutch transmission behind it, the huge drive unit is a good two meters long.

1,000 hp plus three electric motors
The short-stroke, 1,000 hp, high-speed naturally aspirated engine is supported by three permanent synchronous machines, each with 250 kW (340 hp). One is located in the transmission on the rear axle, the other two are hidden on the front axle and will also make the next Bugatti a potent all-wheel drive vehicle. Bugatti specifies the system performance for the successor to the Chiron at around 1,800 hp.

And the new benchmark in hyper sports car heaven should even be lighter than before. The developers of company boss Mate Rimac want to reduce the weight of the next Bugatti to less than two tons. And yet, thanks to the 24.8 kWh battery, the car should be able to travel around 60 kilometers purely electrically. The oil-cooled battery is located in the center tunnel of the carbon monocoque. The carbon fiber shell also serves as a battery housing. The Bugatti no longer needs a cardan tunnel because of the electric all-wheel drive.

0-300 km/h in under ten seconds – 445 km/h top speed~

You can briefly hear in the video how spectacular this drive sounds under full load. The idiosyncratic but rousing sound is more reminiscent of a monstrous Ducati than a sports car. The performance is correspondingly exorbitant.

The 100 mark should fall after two seconds. 200 km/h can be reached in under five seconds, and the Chiron successor should sprint from 300 km/h in less than ten seconds. The engineers even calculated a time of 400 km/h: under 25 seconds.

The top speed for the basic model should be limited to 445 km/h. But anyone who knows the Bugatti history should already be looking forward to faster editions and special models. And that's not all the superlatives that the upcoming Bugatti has to offer. Finally, the completely redesigned vehicle does not need to extend the rear wing, even at high speeds. Instead, a huge diffuser under the car works more than twice as hard as in the Chiron.

World premiere in 2024

The new Chiron successor is scheduled to celebrate its world premiere this year. Bugatti boss Mate Rimac wants to show the car to the public in the second half of the year. From 2026, the first of the 250 planned cars will be handed over to customers - at a unit price of at least 3.6 million euros."

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de...iron-nachfolger-verbrennungsmotor-mate-rimac/

Google translated.🙃

1709330305169.png

Rimac Verified/Bugatti V16 claimed
km/h
0-100= 1.81/ 2 seconds under
0-200= 4.42/ 5 seconds under
0-300= 9.22/ 10 seconds under
0-400= 21.31/ 25 seconds under

Interesting.🙃

I like how this approach is a fit with the Bugatti narrative, and brings the Rimac element in to juice the customer experience
As a Gen 2 NSX owner, I have seen the SF90 as dialing the elements of the NSX up to a 10 (even thought it is an 8 cylinder)
Lambo dialed it up to a 12 with the Revuelto
Now Bugatti is dialing the formula up again to a 16
I have to believe the N/A V16 is going to be well received and should be an effective counter to the anti-electrification camps
Kudos to Cosworth, who was involved in the Gen 2 NSX engine, did the new Gordon Murray motors and now had a role in this monster

Back