Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

Hahaha, I'm still trying to picture "an angry bull frog on cocaine."
I need to experiment bit more i guess, lol. But, you are right, opinions.

Re, the money spent, anything over $20k is unreachable to me, unless I'm quicker than my wife. Which, usually, I'm not :)

Pininfarina Battista, that girl needs to be kissed by that angry bull frog on cocaine.
Who knows the outcome of that marriage...

Hahaha, I'm still trying to picture "an angry bull frog on cocaine."
I need to experiment bit more i guess, lol. But, you are right, opinions.

Re, the money spent, anything over $20k is unreachable to me, unless I'm quicker than my wife. Which, usually, I'm not :)

Pininfarina Battista, that girl needs to be kissed by that angry bull frog on cocaine.
Who knows the outcome of that marriage...

Bugatti Divo.🤣

10.10.2020 and the United States of America with the SSC Tuatara makes all the headlines which later transpired to be inaccurate anyway. It was around 290MPH and she's done 295MPH verified later.

I've been on more adventures with this car than any other except the Mclaren F1.

I've got a bit of a thing for US cars. Hypercars. One here too. In a way.

@Overcharged was seriously, seriously considering the LC500 a few years back (Nori Green plz), and the lack of trunk space was the main reason I couldn't make it work for my California GT hopes and dreams. But wow, that sound. Agreed that it's basically the successor to the LFA (and by association, the 2000GT - perhaps my favorite car ever). Gotta feeling that the NSX may become the next LFA, in that it was grossly underappreciated in its day but will earn the hearts and wallets of collectors in the future.

@Sapphire™ Thomas, James and Jason Cammisa were the ones who assured me that a Lucid should be my next car, all of whom have emerged as the holy trinity of YT car reviews. And I'm currently flying on a commercial aircraft (admittedly making final approach) that is going about the same speed as your Tuatara. Will need to process that video this weekend when I have the mental capacity.

@Overcharged was seriously, seriously considering the LC500 a few years back (Nori Green plz), and the lack of trunk space was the main reason I couldn't make it work for my California GT hopes and dreams. But wow, that sound. Agreed that it's basically the successor to the LFA (and by association, the 2000GT - perhaps my favorite car ever). Gotta feeling that the NSX may become the next LFA, in that it was grossly underappreciated in its day but will earn the hearts and wallets of collectors in the future.

@Sapphire™ Thomas, James and Jason Cammisa were the ones who assured me that a Lucid should be my next car, all of whom have emerged as the holy trinity of YT car reviews. And I'm currently flying on a commercial aircraft (admittedly making final approach) that is going about the same speed as your Tuatara. Will need to process that video this weekend when I have the mental capacity.
Wait, but there will be an actual next gen LFA! Electrified sport concept by lexus should be similar to it..

Wait, but there will be an actual next gen LFA! Electrified sport concept by lexus should be similar to it..
Ah had no idea. However it won't go brrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyayyyaaaaaaaaawwwwwweeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy so not sure I care.

My E39, manual, daily driver for the last 20 years. Just sold to make room in the garage for the Lucid. Hopefully I won't regret selling it as I still regret the decision to sell the '89 M3 (no, NOT a Tesla) after buying the E39.

Attachments

• 20230813_195031_edit.jpg
    20230813_195031_edit.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 44
My E39, manual, daily driver for the last 20 years. Just sold to make room in the garage for the Lucid. Hopefully I won't regret selling it as I still regret the decision to sell the '89 M3 (no, NOT a Tesla) after buying the E39.
Maybe there should be a rule in the forum guidelines, “No selling vintage BMWs!” That thing is GORGEOUS! Hard choice between that and an air..

Wow! How many cars do you run over at traffic stops with that approach angle?

My R1S look big next to Air, but she is dwarfed by F250.

Ford is Texas tough!!!

ADDBFD4D-2924-4832-815F-D1C0E6D90054.jpeg
7CCB65F3-FD86-4114-B7CA-46C7D6B1D984.jpeg

Enjoying the forum. Good to see that the Lucid is a choice for so many true enthusiasts.
I still haven't committed to anything yet. Had a bespoke order for an LC500 ready to go until the dealer broke our handshake agreement and simply haven't done anything yet.

I guess I'm potentially one of those Porsche / Lucid guys :D but my heart is actually with the S2000.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpeg
    IMG_1887.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 50
  • pgp1.jpeg
    pgp1.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 58
I got an S2000 when they first came out in 1999 and enjoyed it every time I drove it.
Let it go in late 2005 when I changed jobs as it was not a great commuter in MA between the traffic and the living next to a chainsaw aspect when revving it out with the top up.
The bespoke LC 500 ordering seems to be overly difficult, though the folks in Canada may have it as more of a normal approach.
Car dealers like to sell what is in front of them.
I honestly like my Gen 2 NSX way more than the S2000, but noting the price point is very different.

Enjoying the forum. Good to see that the Lucid is a choice for so many true enthusiasts.
I still haven't committed to anything yet. Had a bespoke order for an LC500 ready to go until the dealer broke our handshake agreement and simply haven't done anything yet.

I guess I'm potentially one of those Porsche / Lucid guys :D but my heart is actually with the S2000.
That 997 is CLEAN af, and with how compressed that s2000 suspension looked, you must have been having loads of fun there!

That 997 is CLEAN af, and with how compressed that s2000 suspension looked, you must have been having loads of fun there!
Many thanks! Running R compounds on 10K coilovers with a 220lb passenger in a banked turn = crazy loaded up. :D

Can't decide what to do. Part of my is enjoying the fact that it is one of 337 Launch Editions and wanting to do an homage to the Sport Classic with a ducktail and some ghost striping. Last hydraulic assisted 911 and 6MT of course. Bit of a first world problem... :)

I got an S2000 when they first came out in 1999 and enjoyed it every time I drove it.
Let it go in late 2005 when I changed jobs as it was not a great commuter in MA between the traffic and the living next to a chainsaw aspect when revving it out with the top up.
The bespoke LC 500 ordering seems to be overly difficult, though the folks in Canada may have it as more of a normal approach.
Car dealers like to sell what is in front of them.
I honestly like my Gen 2 NSX way more than the S2000, but noting the price point is very different.
The LC thing was awkward. Had a deal with the rep that sold us the wifey's RX350. Told him I'd order an LC from him down the road and we agreed to straight MSRP on the Bespoke build.

He became the Sales Manager in the meantime and had me work with an underling and it went to sh!t. I figured the LC would be a nice last ICE ride.
The other Lexus dealer in town was willing to do that same deal but by that time I changed my mind. They told me that they make more $$$ on a ES with a markup than they do on a $112K LC at MSRP and any ordered car comes out of their allocation and that is why they don't want to honor the deal.

Having a challenge right now looking for a Civic Si at MSRP. I figured it would be easy to buy at list - it's not a Type R but nope.

I get the NSX thing - either gen = so cool. The S2000 has the torque of 3 angry hamsters and that can be a challenge. :D

My "real" daily is a B6 S4. I should sell it - never really drive it but actually love the sound of the n/a V8 at 7,000rpm. That rumble will soon be a thing of the past. How many 6MT sports sedans will there be in the near future?

Aside from the insanely bad fuel economy (4.4mpg on a track day :D ) combined with a small trunk - it's really sweet.

Attachments

•  nikoDSC01592topaz.jpeg
    nikoDSC01592topaz.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
The LC thing was awkward. Had a deal with the rep that sold us the wifey's RX350. Told him I'd order an LC from him down the road and we agreed to straight MSRP on the Bespoke build.

He became the Sales Manager in the meantime and had me work with an underling and it went to sh!t. I figured the LC would be a nice last ICE ride.
The other Lexus dealer in town was willing to do that same deal but by that time I changed my mind. They told me that they make more $$$ on a ES with a markup than they do on a $112K LC at MSRP and any ordered car comes out of their allocation and that is why they don't want to honor the deal.

Having a challenge right now looking for a Civic Si at MSRP. I figured it would be easy to buy at list - it's not a Type R but nope.

I get the NSX thing - either gen = so cool. The S2000 has the torque of 3 angry hamsters and that can be a challenge. :D

My "real" daily is a B6 S4. I should sell it - never really drive it but actually love the sound of the n/a V8 at 7,000rpm. That rumble will soon be a thing of the past. How many 6MT sports sedans will there be in the near future?

Aside from the insanely bad fuel economy (4.4mpg on a track day :D ) combined with a small trunk - it's really sweet.
Those b6 blocks can make ridiculous power, have you tried anything yet on that front?

And that generation of Audis are those cars that STILL look modern now.. just look at how clean the lines are! You seem to have an extremely tasteful garage, what else are you hiding there? 🤣

Many thanks! Running R compounds on 10K coilovers with a 220lb passenger in a banked turn = crazy loaded up. :D

Can't decide what to do. Part of my is enjoying the fact that it is one of 337 Launch Editions and wanting to do an homage to the Sport Classic with a ducktail and some ghost striping. Last hydraulic assisted 911 and 6MT of course. Bit of a first world problem... :)
Keep it! That 911 will go down in the history books kind of like e90 m3s, and besides 911s don’t depreciate much. Actually, considering how rare of a spec that is, it’s likely it will appreciate in the next 5-20 years!

Those b6 blocks can make ridiculous power, have you tried anything yet on that front?

And that generation of Audis are those cars that STILL look modern now.. just look at how clean the lines are! You seem to have an extremely tasteful garage, what else are you hiding there? 🤣

lol.. I wish there were more to share. Shortage of garage space and $$$. :D. Only thing left of interest is a mothballed 1984 Interceptor 500. Wife wants to keep it that way thinking I'd kill myself on it. Probably right, as usual. :D

Ironically the reason I went with the B6 (first year n/a 4.2L V8) was that I knew that if I had the B5 V6 turbo engine I'd be tempted to mod it to insane levels of power. The Audi was my business ride so I needed to keep it moderately acceptable.

Thanks for the kind words - I really enjoy a variety of cars. Any reshuffling of the fleet would be purely *want* and not need.

I'd really love an E30 M3 but honestly would probably do an S54 engine swap. So freakin' cool. As light as the S2000 but those fenders... mmmmm....

Either that or a restomod 240Z. Absolutely one of my all time favorite cars.

lol.. I wish there were more to share. Shortage of garage space and $$$. :D. Only thing left of interest is a mothballed 1984 Interceptor 500. Wife wants to keep it that way thinking I'd kill myself on it. Probably right, as usual. :D

Ironically the reason I went with the B6 (first year n/a 4.2L V8) was that I knew that if I had the B5 V6 turbo engine I'd be tempted to mod it to insane levels of power. The Audi was my business ride so I needed to keep it moderately acceptable.

Thanks for the kind words - I really enjoy a variety of cars. Any reshuffling of the fleet would be purely *want* and not need.

I'd really love an E30 M3 but honestly would probably do an S54 engine swap. So freakin' cool. As light as the S2000 but those fenders... mmmmm....

Either that or a restomod 240Z. Absolutely one of my all time favorite cars.
Here a few photos you might appreciate.

Attachments

• IMG_2334.jpeg
    IMG_2334.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2335.jpeg
    IMG_2335.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2338.jpeg