Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

@CLTGT imo the mach 1 is the best body outside of the '06 GT modern Ford has ever designed. Gorgeous, and clearly you're enjoying a balanced diet of drivetrain.

@hydbob I could go on way too embarassingly long about my love of minivans and Odysseys specifically, having moved my drumkit (and made last min accommodations) countless times in my friend's. Must be hard to decide what keys to grab for the canyons on a Sunday morn.
I also had a '68 Mustang California Special, but sold that last spring. My first car was a '71 and I had the obnoxious 100lb '73 front bumper replaced with a '71 style chrome bumper. While technically not a Mach 1, the restorer and I had a miscommunication on which stripes to install. This one had a 351 Cleveland in it originally and has a new 347 with 425hp in it now. That was why I had them put in a Bowler transmission and went with a front coil over suspension.

My current daily:
20230312_204816_3652C86F.jpg

My other car. It's not as fast as the Lucid... and it doesn't get driven very much anymore. We only have one garage bay at the house, and the Beetle lost out to the Lucid as that's the only place I can charge. So we rented garage space a couple of miles away for the Beetle. With it not right there, it takes planning to drive it for a day.

Attachments

• IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Spinning off an idea from another thread, I think this could be a fun way to show off and discuss the vehicles that help make your Lucids part of a balanced breakfast of enthusiast/practical means of transportation. Not intended to be a detraction in any sense of the versatility and one-car-for-it-all capabilities of Lucids, but given that pretty much every Lucid employee interview and video across the company references how they're big fans of (and have benchmarked from) cars like the E39 M5 (and apparently the M5cs for the Sapphire), Lotuses, Miatas, and various other enthusiast cars, I think this fits right into the spirit of Lucid ownership. Kicking things off, here's my contribution, and the other half of my realistically-perfect 2-car garage! '02 Boxster S, 50k miles, Fabspeed headerback exhaust, 6MT, speed yellow :)

Show me what you got, and discuss/bond/commiserate!

View attachment 15048View attachment 15049
Yellow, my favorite color.

Nah, a few years old, but still remains the most useful vehicle we've ever purchased.

I couldn’t agree more @hydbob. Prior to my household going all-EV I owned two Honda Odyssey minivans over a fifteen year period. My first one lasted 253,000 miles before I sold it to buy my second. Then I sold my second Odyssey after only a year so that I could buy our first EV, a Tesla Model S.

To date I have not met a car more useful, more versatile, and more passenger friendly than my Honda Odysseys. And unlike the Toyota Sienna (gag, wretch, puke…), and the Dode Caravan (same reaction), the Odysseys could actually handle, and were a lot of fun to drive.

Attachments

• IMG_7467.jpeg
    IMG_7467.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7438.jpeg
    IMG_7438.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
And @Tesla2.0 s R1S, wrangler, and Super Duty! Come to think of it, I’ve never seen a picture of his 250..
Obliged to pollute this thread.

C9C4AC32-2523-4DB5-9FD3-3E8C58BB3C1E.jpeg
644F4A71-8667-4D48-A8DD-DA3B7B426EEB.jpeg
4480741E-7202-46D5-84F8-F0861CA356AD.jpeg

(Reduced 15% range after 4” lift, it’s an off-road and hauling monster. 👹)

I couldn’t agree more @hydbob. Prior to my household going all-EV I owned two Honda Odyssey minivans over a fifteen year period. My first one lasted 253,000 miles before I sold it to buy my second. Then I sold my second Odyssey after only a year so that I could buy our first EV, a Tesla Model S.

To date I have not met a car more useful, more versatile, and more passenger friendly than my Honda Odysseys. And unlike the Toyota Sienna (gag, wretch, puke…), and the Dode Caravan (same reaction), the Odysseys could actually handle, and were a lot of fun to drive.

Agree… and Odyssey was suppose to our forever car until multiple collisions…
BD9F822E-962C-4EB7-9F3B-725CECD78469.jpeg

Okay, now I want to know what happened in that crash. That looks very unlucky!

Also, whats the odyssey color? Never seen it on that gen, which is sadly usually outfitted with boring colors.

Sitting there waiting for traffic light. There someone made a chain reaction wreck of 5 cars sandwich from behind.

Yellow, my favorite color.
Funny thing about that color is that I would have never have been bold enough to have spec'd it myself from new, though I love that the original owner had the moxie to do it for me, and yes - I love yellow now too. So much so that I ordered a paint swatch from the collaboration Porsche did with a bougie hipster paint company called Backdrop. Best $6 + S&H I've spent on official/licensed Porsche artwork.

Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 8.20.09 PM.png

If you love the odyssey, you will love the gravity. Lucid is going more for the minivan way, as seen in the pictures, which will make it probably more practical than an odyssey!
And I too love the Mach 1 body! The rear looks so clean! I am curious, what do you find good about the 06 gt?
The 2006 Ford Mustang GT is cherished for its powerful V8 engine, iconic muscle car design, and enjoyable driving experience.

Based on the state of the suspension and wheel/arch gap in that pic I would imagine there is a huge smile behind that helmet. Would love to do some autox with both my 986 and Air, assuming I'm able to get over my risk aversion of wear/tear in the case of the Porsche and violating the terms of my lease for the Lucid.

@Bobby but an EV isn't your only other car ;)
The suspension and wheel gap in the picture likely indicate an enjoyable driving experience, which could be great for autox with both the Porsche 986 and the Lucid Air, as long as you consider wear and tear and adhere to lease terms.

Back