Possible to load images faster?

The new speed to load everything, including pictures, is fantastic now. Thanks so much!

Reactions: Joe
Phenomenal loading speed. This forum rock! I don’t even mind pay membership subscription if to keep this high quality.

Reviving this old thread to say: the forum seems so much faster today! Pictures load instantly! Love it.
Have you experienced slower loading images in the past few days/weeks? I am looking for more feedback. We have recently had a spike in traffic, most likely due to the SW2.0 release, and it is a bit concerning with that bump the server is struggling a bit. I am exploring more options at this time as it really bugs me to have any slow loading times on the forum at any given time.

I still occasionally have slow loading issues. Is it possible the forum host just needs us to be on a more expensive hosting plan? If so, where do I donate?

Have you experienced slower loading images in the past few days/weeks? I am looking for more feedback. We have recently had a spike in traffic, most likely due to the SW2.0 release, and it is a bit concerning with that bump the server is struggling a bit. I am exploring more options at this time as it really bugs me to have any slow loading times on the forum at any given time.
Yes, I’ve noticed images load more slowly this last week.
Thank you for all your moderating efforts!

I’ve also noticed it over the last week or so.

A lot more users are making it slower. @Joe If there is a GoFundMd type of campaign, I’m happy to contribute to get better infrastructure bandwidth.

I appreciate the support from all, but there is another issue that I can't get resolved from either the server host or forum software technicians. It has become a battle of software Vs. hardware with both parties pointing fingers at each other.

The forum is hosted on its own on-demand dedicated cloud server + CDN service which is not the issue. The server is not even close to breaking a sweat during our peak loads, and everything loads pretty much instantly when browsing through the forum and doing everything else. The only issue is the image loading when there is a lot of forum activity going on.

I am still looking into this and exploring other options, so I do appreciate everyones patience during this time until I can get this resolved.

I appreciate the support from all, but there is another issue that I can't get resolved from either the server host or forum software technicians. It has become a battle of software Vs. hardware with both parties pointing fingers at each other.

The forum is hosted on its own on-demand dedicated cloud server + CDN service which is not the issue. The server is not even close to breaking a sweat during our peak loads, and everything loads pretty much instantly when browsing through the forum and doing everything else. The only issue is the image loading when there is a lot of forum activity going on.

I am still looking into this and exploring other options, so I do appreciate everyones patience during this time until I can get this resolved.
The thing to do is compress the images when you upload them, or at least when you display them.

The thing to do is compress the images when you upload them, or at least when you display them.
Agreed.
I always resize any images that I upload (30% of orig) .. it makes loading them a lot faster AND doesn't take up the whole page

Back