Possible to load images faster?

hellolucid

Verified Owner
Cars
GT
loading images/opening attachments are really slow for some reason. also, can admin cache those images? navigating back and coming back to the same thread or re-opening an attached image shouldn't take this long.

edit: just a suggestion to make the experience better. thank you for the forum :)

Any update on this? Images load really slow and sometimes doesn’t load at all, appreciate the help here.

Any update on this? Images load really slow and sometimes doesn’t load at all, appreciate the help here.

Yes I am looking into it. I have had both the developers of this forum software and the hosting company look into it and they are unable to find any issues. It seems to be at certain times as I do monitor this and see at times images load instantly and other times it's slow. I am leaning more toward the server side issues even though the forums are on their own dedicated server. Hoping to have a resolution soon though for sure.

Yes I am looking into it. I have had both the developers of this forum software and the hosting company look into it and they are unable to find any issues. It seems to be at certain times as I do monitor this and see at times images load instantly and other times it's slow. I am leaning more toward the server side issues even though the forums are on their own dedicated server. Hoping to have a resolution soon though for sure.
Thought of trying a CDN option such as Cloudfront via S3 for attachments?

Thought of trying a CDN option such as Cloudfront via S3 for attachments?

Yes CDN is the next thing I will be trying though with the size and volume of the forums currently, not sure why the dedicated server can't handle it. I had CDN plans if the forum was to grow 10x from here, not at the current state.

Yes CDN is the next thing I will be trying though with the size and volume of the forums currently, not sure why the dedicated server can't handle it. I had CDN plans if the forum was to grow 10x from here, not at the current state.
Gotcha. Let me know if I can help - I deal with this all the time.

• Love
Reactions: Joe
Well, you are now the largest forum in terms of both posts and members. Growing fast!

The forum has problems with performance in many ways, but it shows the most when loading images. Which is a shame because it would be really nice to browse through a lot of beautiful pictures... but as it is now, complete turn-off. 😢

Not sure what you are referring to, but in Preferences > Style there is only "Light" vs. "Dark" (no White, Black, Red). I was on "Light" (which I prefer) and switched to "Dark" for testing, but performance is as sluggish as always. 🤷‍♂️

I was joking! I was comparing the grey color Lucids that took so long to finally be produced to the slow download speed of the forum compared to the Lucid’s in White, Black and Red that were produced a bit faster……😊

The forum has problems with performance in many ways, but it shows the most when loading images. Which is a shame because it would be really nice to browse through a lot of beautiful pictures... but as it is now, complete turn-off. 😢

We are transitioning the forums to a CDN soon. Should be all resolved. We appreciate everyone's patience.

Pictures loading instantly now after conversion. Thanks!

Back