Poll: When will Lucid open Gravity Orders?

When will Lucid open Gravity Orders?

• Total voters

Joe

Staff Member
Admin
Reaction score
Just a fun speculation poll on when you think Lucid will open up Gravity orders/reservations.

Tell us you know that already :)

November 5th (cuz it’s my birthday) 😂 And hopefully it’ll be orders not reservations
You could be on the mark. The earnings call is on the 7th so I would expect some movement happening on Gravity shortly before. Late October \ early November would be my prediction.

I didn’t think to take a picture but was at millbrae today and the gravity interior trim swatches were up along with the posters.

Some people were working on adding more displays for gravity too.

So soon?

I didn’t think to take a picture but was at millbrae today and the gravity interior trim swatches were up along with the posters.

Some people were working on adding more displays for gravity too.

So soon?

Did they include the fifth interior color or just the four that have made some of the rounds?

The four colors Gravity displayed so far are:

Yosemite - a chalky off-white of synthetic leather (unique to the Gravity, and pictured below on the left)
Ojai - a darkish taupe Nappa leather (unique to the Gravity, and pictured below on the right))
Tahoe - a saddle tan Nappa leather (also used in the Air)
Mojave - a dark gray synthetic leather (also used in the Air)

The fifth was first mentioned as one of the five "curated" interior colors on the updated Lucid Gravity webpage, with no information given. Personally, I'm hoping Lucid is resurrecting the beautiful Santa Monica palette from the Air Dream Edition. It is the most neutral of any interior Lucid palettes and would look great with any of the six Gravity exterior colors.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 8.36.15 AM.webp

Lucid Team, acknowledging your pursuit of perfection, is it possible to start accepting bookings during this final development stage? My wife is interested in acquiring a new vehicle this year, and I would love to have another Lucid in our garage! Open up the orders even with a down payment of $10k to attract only seriously interested customers to start with.

The four colors Gravity displayed so far are:

Yosemite - a chalky off-white of synthetic leather (unique to the Gravity, and pictured below on the left)
Ojai - a darkish taupe Nappa leather (unique to the Gravity, and pictured below on the right))
Tahoe - a saddle tan Nappa leather (also used in the Air)
Mojave - a dark gray synthetic leather (also used in the Air)

The fifth was first mentioned as one of the five "curated" interior colors on the updated Lucid Gravity webpage, with no information given. Personally, I'm hoping Lucid is resurrecting the beautiful Santa Monica palette from the Air Dream Edition. It is the most neutral of any interior Lucid palettes and would look great with any of the six Gravity exterior colors.

View attachment 23824

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.19.03 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.19.03 PM.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.09.54 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.09.54 PM.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.09.33 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.09.33 PM.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.09.13 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.09.13 PM.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 80
I'm curious what people who have seen the samples in person think of the Ojai palette? I thought it was going to be my favorite interior color of the four, but upon seeing it I found it a bit muddy, dull even. The Aurora Green was my favorite exterior color, but there was something in the undertones of the Ojai that made it clash a bit with the green exterior.

Also, as more votes have come in on the poll, the early dominance of guesses for a November order date has begun to give way to later dates. If orders don't open by late November, I think it unlikely that Lucid will start customer deliveries by year end -- except maybe for a few people on the West Coast who will take an already-built vehicle.

I actually don't want Lucid to release the Gravity before it's more nailed down than the Air was (especially with software) but, sitting here in mid-October now, I'm getting a little more surprised that we haven't seen an order configurator -- or even final specs -- yet.

Hmmm. @NoseyReporter noticed that the new "Road to Gravity . . . Validation" video has been taken down.

Can I switch my vote from November to December . . . or to 2025?

I suspect November as they revealed the prototypes at the LA auto show, and the LA auto show runs end of Nov to Dec this year. So one could argue that time frame….but I hope earlier.

If orders don't open by late November, I think it unlikely that Lucid will start customer deliveries by year end -- except maybe for a few people on the West Coast who will take an already-built vehicle.

I actually don't want Lucid to release the Gravity before it's more nailed down than the Air was (especially with software) but, sitting here in mid-October now, I'm getting a little more surprised that we haven't seen an order configurator -- or even final specs -- yet.

Let’s not move the goalposts, please. Lucid has not said it plans on “customer deliveries” by the end of the year, but rather the “start of production.” (Early-production vehicles may go to employees, journalists, etc.) I’d like to see an order configurator, too—mostly to see specs and options, because I wouldn’t be getting a GT trim, anyway—but I don’t consider the absence of one so far to be an indication that Gravity is behind schedule.

Back