• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Pirelli Tire Issue & Warranty Megathread

if there’s no store near you to visit in case you need to come on why purchase the warranty?
Dunno. They own Tire Rack, perhaps they ship tires? Just alarmed by the frequency of bubbles in the Pirellis (albeit mostly the 21's, not the 19's).

My wife had an Audi A4 w/ Pirellis; she had so many bubbles that I ended up just having the Pirelli's swapped out for Michelins. Still have those like-new Pirellis sitting in my garage....

Dunno. They own Tire Rack, perhaps they ship tires? Just alarmed by the frequency of bubbles in the Pirellis (albeit mostly the 21's, not the 19's).

My wife had an Audi A4 w/ Pirellis; she had so many bubbles that I ended up just having the Pirelli's swapped out for Michelins. Still have those like-new Pirellis sitting in my garage....
Remember, internet reporting is highly skewed to the negative. Here's a positive data point: I have 10,000 miles and no issues with my 21s. There have been significantly fewer reports with the higher sidewalls on the 19s. Enjoy the car!

I've had the Pirelli bubble issue on multiple tires now (never the same tire though .. at least not yet). Pirelli has been good at working w/ Discount Tire so that I haven't had to pay out of pocket (though now w/ > 2,000 mi., I'm not sure how much, if anything they'll cover). My wife and daughter are scared to death of hitting any potholes and are even more worried about a blow out.

So, since my car will be heading to the SC for the recall (and a separate Service Action) as soon as they get the replacement parts, I'm considering having them swap out my 21" Aero Blades w/ Pirelli PZero's for the 20" Aero Lites w/ Michelins ..

Did anyone switch from 21" to 20" wheels/tires? Any thoughts on your swap?

Also, are the 20" Michelins Pilot Sport EVs or All Season 4s ?

I've had the Pirelli bubble issue on multiple tires now (never the same tire though .. at least not yet). Pirelli has been good at working w/ Discount Tire so that I haven't had to pay out of pocket (though now w/ > 2,000 mi., I'm not sure how much, if anything they'll cover). My wife and daughter are scared to death of hitting any potholes and are even more worried about a blow out.

So, since my car will be heading to the SC for the recall (and a separate Service Action) as soon as they get the replacement parts, I'm considering having them swap out my 21" Aero Blades w/ Pirelli PZero's for the 20" Aero Lites w/ Michelins ..

A question for the tire experts here.

It seems a lot of people are having blowouts with their 21 inch tires.

I thought that it was the lower sidewall(30-35) that made the tire more susceptible to potential damage.

If the tire was a 21 inch tire and had a 40 or 45 ratio instead of 30-35, would that make it more resistant to blowouts?

A question for the tire experts here.

It seems a lot of people are having blowouts with their 21 inch tires.

I thought that it was the lower sidewall(30-35) that made the tire more susceptible to potential damage.

If the tire was a 21 inch tire and had a 40 or 45 ratio instead of 30-35, would that make it more resistant to blowouts?
Mine have been great. 10k+ miles.

Got details from SC and looks like Michelin Pilot Sport EVs on the 20" Aero Lites are still the only non-Pirelli option (from Lucid).

Anyone have experience with the 20" Aero Lites? i.e. w/ comfort/ride, performance (dry/wet), bubbles/issues, etc.

Also, did anyone change their wheels/tires from the 21" Aero Blades to the 20" Aero Lites? any regrets?

Thx

Update on my road hazard warranty from Discount Tire. They were able to order the tire from Tire Rack.

DAMN! Had a bubble this weekend. Had to leave car 140 miles from home and get a ride home while awaiting for a new tire to be delivered.

I took our Lucid AGT to America's Tires today in Orange CA - and a wonderful gal named Brandy helped me get set up with a road hazard warranty on our Pirelli 21" OEM tires. I was blown away that they only were charging $256 for all four tires. SO SO worth it. I already have replaced one on day 3 of ownership with Lucid directly. We have had the car since Thanksgiving of 22 and I was worried they wouldn't do a warranty with 4600 miles on the car. But they did and she assured me that all buldges in the side wall and road hazard damage would be covered (tire tread wear is not covered). But given the delicate nature of these wide low profile tires, and the absurdity of no spare and that they are not run flats and the absorbent cost of a new tire - this seems like a no brainer. We are hoping that within the next 12 months someone will make a better tire as a replacement for the Pirelli's. She says that the Michelin Pilot Sport (I think that was the name) that some tire places are saying are a good replacement for the Pirelli are not rated for that heavy of a car. Not sure who is really right - but I will be looking into it further very soon.

I took our Lucid AGT to America's Tires today in Orange CA - and a wonderful gal named Brandy helped me get set up with a road hazard warranty on our Pirelli 21" OEM tires. I was blown away that they only were charging $256 for all four tires. SO SO worth it. I already have replaced one on day 3 of ownership with Lucid directly. We have had the car since Thanksgiving of 22 and I was worried they wouldn't do a warranty with 4600 miles on the car. But they did and she assured me that all buldges in the side wall and road hazard damage would be covered (tire tread wear is not covered). But given the delicate nature of these wide low profile tires, and the absurdity of no spare and that they are not run flats and the absorbent cost of a new tire - this seems like a no brainer. We are hoping that within the next 12 months someone will make a better tire as a replacement for the Pirelli's. She says that the Michelin Pilot Sport (I think that was the name) that some tire places are saying are a good replacement for the Pirelli are not rated for that heavy of a car. Not sure who is really right - but I will be looking into it further very soon.
Exactly what I paid. Well worth the peace of mind.

There’s a good bit of information about the load ratings of tires in the FAQ section of www.lucidupdates.com.

So I live in MI, and our roads are awful. I managed to make it through summer of '22 with no issues. This summer I've gone through three tires already. (statistics are catching up). What's the best course of action here?

Try and get Pirelli to warranty them? Or go through a national chain and purchase the road hazard warranty?

So I live in MI, and our roads are awful. I managed to make it through summer of '22 with no issues. This summer I've gone through three tires already. (statistics are catching up). What's the best course of action here?

Try and get Pirelli to warranty them? Or go through a national chain and purchase the road hazard warranty?
Pirelli will not. Buy a warranty from Discount/America’s Tire. What did you do with the tires over the winter? Cold will weaken them.

Pirelli will not. Buy a warranty from Discount/America’s Tire. What did you do with the tires over the winter? Cold will weaken them.
They are stored in a temperature controlled warehouse. I run Lucid-spec Pirelli 19s in the winter.

You can get a warranty through Discount Tire/America's tire without buying tires from them.

I just did it yesterday and I have 4200 miles on mine. Stopped in at Americas Tire, they just looked at the car, noted down the tire size and car information. It was $288 out the door for all four. If you need a tire replaced due to a road hazard (pothole), it just costs $60. The tire is free, it’s the service and disposal cost. Easy! Took five minutes.

Back