Pilot Panel Smudges/Scratches

JoeSmith

My pilot panel (3 day old car) is smudged and has a scuff in the corner - it almost feels like its a plastic overlay of the kind that ships on many devices with screens - but I can't easily peel it off, if it is. Before I get more aggressive, can anyone confirm (i) that the car does indeed ship with a protective overlay, and (ii) the pilot panel should feel like smooth glass and be easy to clean?

My pilot panel (3 day old car) is smudged and has a scuff in the corner - it almost feels like its a plastic overlay of the kind that ships on many devices with screens - but I can't easily peel it off, if it is. Before I get more aggressive, can anyone confirm (i) that the car does indeed ship with a protective overlay, and (ii) the pilot panel should feel like smooth glass and be easy to clean?
There is a film on the pilot panel and it's the most perfectly fitted, invisible film I've ever seen. I thought I had a tiny bubble in my glass until I called service and they asked if I had peeled off the film yet. You should be able to peel it off with a fingernail at a corner though.

FYI, TWRAPS sells actual screen protectors for all the screens in the Air. Highly recommend their Matte option in particular, it looks great and keeps the fingerprint smudges at bay.

There is a film on the pilot panel and it's the most perfectly fitted, invisible film I've ever seen. I thought I had a tiny bubble in my glass until I called service and they asked if I had peeled off the film yet. You should be able to peel it off with a fingernail at a corner though.

FYI, TWRAPS sells actual screen protectors for all the screens in the Air. Highly recommend their Matte option in particular, it looks great and keeps the fingerprint smudges at bay.
Thanks! I'll see if I can peel it off. And thanks for the TWRAPS info. Ordered!

Easy to smudge but very easy to clean. Being anal I’m always cleaning touch screens in my cars. Terrible thing being anal. ;)

All screens in the car (and the rear view mirror) are easy to clean with a dry microfiber cloth.

The matte twraps screen protectors don't show finger smudges. I think I've only cleaned them 2 or 3 times since I installed them in July. So nice to not have to deal with ugly smudges...

Mine still has the factory film on it - leaving it there as long as I can!

Back