Phone left in car

Atxmarco

The other night i was in a hurry to get to a match, and accidentally left my phone which i use exclusively for my mobil key in the car. For kickers the rfid card was in the car also. After a couple of hours, i returned to the car and realized in a panic what i had done. It was late and dark and everyone else had left. So i’m left with no phone in the middle of nowhere. Yikes. The door handles were in so she seemed to be locked. Luckily after a few strokes of the handles, they extended and i saw my phone light up, and the door opened. In this case the lucid was idiot proof!

Glad it worked out! Keyless entry systems in general have always been able to detect whether the key is inside the car and prevent you being locked out.

I'm impressed in this day and age you didn't know your phone was not with you for at least two hours 🤯

I’m just glad that it unlocked. I have locked loaner key fobs in a couple lucids in the past. Have to do the call of shame to the service center.

They can on loaners but I’m unsure if they can on your personal car. My guess would be no.
Thanks,
Can they unlock remotely?
Yes, they can unlock it remotely. But if you leave your keys in the car, press the door handle in and it will unlock.

Yes, they can unlock it remotely. But if you leave your keys in the car, press the door handle in and it will unlock.
Thanks Bobby for the clarification. Do you know if this is a new change? Does it work for key fob and mobile phone? The instances with the loaners happened about 3 months ago. Clicking the handles did not work but it was only the key fob since it was a loaner. Lucid service center also didn’t mention anything about trying the handles and made it seem like a regular thing that happened.

Last edited:
I did this the other day. My phone was sitting on the twrap charger when I jumped out of the car at Doggie Daycare. I shut the door behind me and tried to open the back door to get the dogs out. Problem was the door handles were flush. Tried to push the handles in to activate the handles with no luck. Lucky a lady behind me let me borrow her phone and I called Lucid CS and they were able to remotely unlock the doors. Tried to duplicate the event at home and couldn't get it to do it again. I felt hopeless with my pups stuck in the backseat and no way to get them.

I did this the other day. My phone was sitting on the twrap charger when I jumped out of the car at Doggie Daycare. I shut the door behind me and tried to open the back door to get the dogs out. Problem was the door handles were flush. Tried to push the handles in to activate the handles with no luck. Lucky a lady behind me let me borrow her phone and I called Lucid CS and they were able to remotely unlock the doors. Tried to duplicate the event at home and couldn't get it to do it again. I felt hopeless with my pups stuck in the backseat and no way to get them.
Glad I’m not the only one. I thought I was going crazy here and felt like maybe I was doing something wrong. I also thought there were threads about this in the past of people have similar issues.

Glad I’m not the only one. I thought I was going crazy here and felt like maybe I was doing something wrong. I also thought there were threads about this in the past of people have similar issues.
It has worked that way for a while, but I am saddened to hear that it seems it has not working as well as as it should now. I’ll run some tests on it and see what I can figure out. This would be a really good time for Lucid to chime in. @mcr16

I’m just glad that it unlocked. I have locked loaner key fobs in a couple lucids in the past. Have to do the call of shame to the service center.
Were the fobs in the cupholder? That was a dead zone until this most recent update.

Were the fobs in the cupholder? That was a dead zone until this most recent update.
The fob had actually fell out of my pocket and was stuck between the driver seat and center console. So closish but I would argue that it was closer to the back seat area than anything else.

Back