• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

People taking photos

rlissak

Cars
Lucid Air
I've come out to my parked car three times this week to find people standing by my car and either looking at it or talking about it.
One of them had a Lucid on order but had never seen one in person before. Anyone else have the same experience?

I've come out to my parked car three times this week to find people standing by my car and either looking at it or talking about it.
One of them had a Lucid on order but had never seen one in person before. Anyone else have the same experience?
Happens all the time. At first it was not bothersome but it becomes a pain in the ass.

Happens quite frequently! My 87 year old mother-in-law gets a kick out the the attention the car gets. I love telling the Lucid and EV story!

Happens quite frequently! My 87 year old mother-in-law gets a kick out the the attention the car gets. I love telling the Lucid and EV story!
It depends. Put tint on the windows and came out of the Gym to find a guy with his head on the windows trying to look in. Some people can be obnoxious.

Depending on the location I guess. Yesterday I saw an agt at the local park around noon and another one at Starbucks in the afternoon. They are getting more popular now.

I previously owned a Spyker which was a pretty rare car and would jump into a store for bagels, come out and there would be 5-6 guys gathered around my car each time. After a while, got tired of answering 100 questions about the car and I was actually a bit embarrassed by the whole thing😊

I have found the silver paint to be great for "blending" if you park in the mix ... the rear is completely normal to a prole...it's really the front + 21" wheels that give it away. I'm that guy who parks far out at the edges of lots so I've had to change my behavior and start parking like "normal" people. Last time I parked at Lowes out there (worried about lumber / drywall /etc. carts loading next to me) I came out to find two geezers with their faces pressed against the windows, trying to see in. I may remove the tint on the front sides for this very reason. I don't like people so I pretended to be "just walking out to the far edge of the Lowes parking lot for no reason" waiting for them to leave. I think they hovered there waiting for the owner because they kept looking at the exit doors. Do people go up to exotics and press their faces against the glass? I've never seen this behavior before....do they think it's some kind of cheap Tesla and that makes it OK? What would they think if I did this to their "ordinary" car ? Like, "do you have anything I want to steal?" invasion of privacy? Manners are gone in Amerika ... even the old folk lack them now.

I'm more concerned with driving and whackos that seriously look deranged. I've had some unbelievable road-rage encounters over the years and now just pull off the road to get away from erratic drivers till they go by. Last week I was on I-95 in the lane one over from the slow lane with ACC on and a pickup came up on me with the front passenger window down, someone hanging out waving crazy and pacing me, and creeping me out. I accelerated quickly to get ahead of them in with other cars, and then they slowly came up on me, windows up, and waved and kept giving me the thumbs up. NOT something I enjoy.

I have found the silver paint to be great for "blending" if you park in the mix ... the rear is completely normal to a prole...it's really the front + 21" wheels that give it away. I'm that guy who parks far out at the edges of lots so I've had to change my behavior and start parking like "normal" people. Last time I parked at Lowes out there (worried about lumber / drywall /etc. carts loading next to me) I came out to find two geezers with their faces pressed against the windows, trying to see in. I may remove the tint on the front sides for this very reason. I don't like people so I pretended to be "just walking out to the far edge of the Lowes parking lot for no reason" waiting for them to leave. I think they hovered there waiting for the owner because they kept looking at the exit doors. Do people go up to exotics and press their faces against the glass? I've never seen this behavior before....do they think it's some kind of cheap Tesla and that makes it OK? What would they think if I did this to their "ordinary" car ? Like, "do you have anything I want to steal?" invasion of privacy? Manners are gone in Amerika ... even the old folk lack them now.
If they would enable camera recording and give us something like Tesla Sentry Mode I would probably park in between cars to blend in but without the camera recording I am hesitant because of door dings etc. and having no proof of who did it. So instead I park away from the rest of the cars to protect the car but then it also makes it stand out more being at the end by itself. I really wish they would give us the camera protection.

Next time it happens I'll use the app from across the lot and honk them ... panic alarm should do the trick...and the flashing lights on wake-up ... a remote mike to a PA speaker @ 120 db and a computer voice: " Facial recognition confirmed. Police are in route."

I don't like people so I pretended to be "just walking out to the far edge of the Lowes parking lot for no reason" waiting for them to leave. I think they hovered there waiting for the owner because they kept looking at the exit doors. Do people go up to exotics and press their faces against the glass? I've never seen this behavior before....do they think it's some kind of cheap Tesla and that makes it OK? What would they think if I did this to their "ordinary" car ? Like, "do you have anything I want to steal?" invasion of privacy? Manners are gone in Amerika ... even the old folk lack them now.
I had to read this a couple of times to see if I was reading it correctly. Now I understand why you spell America incorrectly every time.

I had to read this a couple of times to see if I was reading it correctly. Now I understand why you spell America incorrectly every time.
What the heck? Just because he doesn’t like people and doesn’t want them hanging around his car, that makes him un-American? Or are you implying that he is from another country/nationality and that there is something wrong with that? Not cool man ….

What the heck? Just because he doesn’t like people and doesn’t want them hanging around his car, that makes him un-American? Or are you implying that he is from another country/nationality and that there is something wrong with that? Not cool man ….
If you look at his posts, he always spells America as Amerika (including this post). There are a lot of Americans on the forum and I for one find it insulting.

Amerika is the German spelling of America. There is nothing insulting about that. That would be like a German taking offense at us referring to their country as Germany (they would say Deutschland). I personally think it is cool. I'm from Canada (and am an American) and if he wants to spell Canada as Kanada that is fine too. Doesn’t seem nice to me to make fun of the way someone talks/spells. I suspect that you and I are going to have to just agree to disagree on this one and I don’t plan to respond further so as to not take this thread off track.

Amerika is the German spelling of America. There is nothing insulting about that. That would be like a German taking offense at us referring to their country as Germany (they would say Deutschland). I personally think it is cool. I'm from Canada (and am an American) and if he wants to spell Canada as Kanada that is fine too. Doesn’t seem nice to me to make fun of the way someone talks/spells. I suspect that you and I are going to have to just agree to disagree on this one and I don’t plan to respond further so as to not take this thread off track.
From Chat GPT. If he is German, then I apologize. I’m more inclined to think it is #2, which falls under politics. My understanding is that politics are forbidden here.

1. Language and spelling differences: In some languages, such as German and Russian, the spelling of "America" is "Amerika". Therefore, people who speak those languages might use the spelling "Amerika" when writing in English.
  2. Political or cultural reasons: Some people might use the spelling "Amerika" as a political or cultural statement. For example, during the Cold War, some communist countries spelled America with a "k" to emphasize their opposition to American values and influence.
  3. Historical reasons: The spelling "Amerika" was also used in the past in some contexts. For example, the German writer Franz Kafka used the spelling "Amerika" in his unfinished novel "Amerika" (also known as "The Man Who Disappeared").

Back