Passenger Seat Memory

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
I'm aware that my driver's seat is saved to my profile. However, my wife has spent in inordinate amount of time getting her settings for the passenger seat right where she wants them and now she asked how does she save those settings? I couldn't find anything in the manual so I'm coming here for the answer. I'm about to take some friends for a ride and I don't want to wait another 10 minutes for my wife to get her seat adjusted next time she is in the car so I'm hoping this is something simple???

The feature is certainly not there now. It's on my list of features that I believe are missing. During a discussion with the Service Manager at the Scottsdale Service Center, he mentioned that many of the missing features are already built in but not turned on. He expects there will ba study ramp up of additional features. Hope so.

The feature is certainly not there now. It's on my list of features that I believe are missing. During a discussion with the Service Manager at the Scottsdale Service Center, he mentioned that many of the missing features are already built in but not turned on. He expects there will ba study ramp up of additional features. Hope so.
Well that is ridiculous. Every car I’ve owned for a long time has had two or three memory settings on both front seats!!

Well that is ridiculous. Every car I’ve owned for a long time has had two or three memory settings on both front seats!!
Neither our Sienna nor Leaf have memory settings

My MS and Our 2019 Honda Odyssey does have memory settings for both front seats. Should be a slam dunk for Lucid.

The profiles save driver seat settings, no problem. They just don’t save passenger seat settings yet.

I do love my Dream, but wonder why Lucid makes everything so complicated. My RAV4 has two buttons on the door. I hit one and it adjusts to me; the other to my wife. Tech should make things simpler, not more complicated.

I do love my Dream, but wonder why Lucid makes everything so complicated. My RAV4 has two buttons on the door. I hit one and it adjusts to me; the other to my wife. Tech should make things simpler, not more complicated.
Well for the driver, the idea is to use facial recognition to load your profile. Your RAV4 doesnt adjust steering wheel or mirrors with that same button does it?

Passenger seat, let's see how they implement it. Should be fairly easy on the pilot panel.

Well for the driver, the idea is to use facial recognition to load your profile. Your RAV4 doesnt adjust steering wheel or mirrors with that same button does it?

Passenger seat, let's see how they implement it. Should be fairly easy on the pilot panel.
No just the seats. Facial recognition works, but it takes around 30 seconds. I’m the meantime, if my wife was the last driver, the seats so far up, I can’t get in the car. They key fob sometimes works to adjust the seats, but it’s hit or miss and there’s a significant delay. Hoped, this process gets sped up and becomes consistent.

No just the seats. Facial recognition works, but it takes around 30 seconds. I’m the meantime, if my wife was the last driver, the seats so far up, I can’t get in the car. They key fob sometimes works to adjust the seats, but it’s hit or miss and there’s a significant delay. Hoped, this process gets sped up and becomes consistent.
Yea, I think they expected the key fob linked to profile to work more reliably, but I don't have much experience since I'm the main driver 95% of the time.

Even if I was the last driver, I find the profile randomly changes. Like @Michael Fisette, if my wife's profile is loaded, the seat is too far forward for me to easily get in. I wish the key fob or mobile key recognition was better or the app allowed you to select a profile.

My MS and Our 2019 Honda Odyssey does have memory settings for both front seats. Should be a slam dunk for Lucid.

Our 2018 Honda Odyssey saves two seat positions on the driver side. However, it always defaults to the second setting no matter how many times I program it to default to the first setting.

Along with remote door locking/unlocking, it's one of those things that automakers insist on using but just can't get ready for prime time.

Our 2018 Honda Odyssey saves two seat positions on the driver side. However, it always defaults to the second setting no matter how many times I program it to default to the first setting.

Along with remote door locking/unlocking, it's one of those things that automakers insist on using but just can't get ready for prime time.
For our Odyssey, the memory is key-specific, i.e., it goes to the first memory setting of the key.

Every car, I mean every car, is missing some features. It is fair and reasonable to point out features that are missing and that the user wishes. IMO it is also fair to set forth how important a feature is and the impact of its being missing is on the writer. But comparisons to other cars, on a single feature basis, does not advance the conversation. Even basic cars usually have some features that you don't expect on a basic car.

Back