Panel gaps.

So we've now established that temp can go to the extremes.
Curious how the adhesives hold up when exposed to these environments..
Along the same line, I believe the Air design was done in Calif, and haven't come across info re. where Lucid's field tested the car.
I recall seeing in car's magazines ads about other cars tested in Sahara deserts and exotic places. etc.
Most OEMs do their testing actually right here in AZ for this reason. I know Lucid was here testing alot in southern AZ. Most OEMs have a dedicated proven grounds out here in the valley of AZ. I drive by atleast 3-5 new OEM (Ford, GM, Rivian, etc.) vehicles all wrapped every weekend on my way to the lake as they are driving around testing. Most is obviously for drivetrain and cooling requirements probably not for your body panel trims.

Most OEMs do their testing actually right here in AZ for this reason. I know Lucid was here testing alot in southern AZ. Most OEMs have a dedicated proven grounds out here in the valley of AZ. I drive by atleast 3-5 new OEM (Ford, GM, Rivian, etc.) vehicles all wrapped every weekend on my way to the lake as they are driving around testing. Most is obviously for drivetrain and cooling requirements probably not for your body panel trims.
So worst case scenario: cooling great, car running fine, minus a few trim pieces, panels, or dash components previously held in place by tape or velcro.
No big deal. Even help reduce the weight of the car a little;).

So we've now established that temp can go to the extremes.
Curious how the adhesives hold up when exposed to these environments..
Along the same line, I believe the Air design was done in Calif, and haven't come across info re. where Lucid's field tested the car.
I recall seeing in car's magazines ads about other cars tested in Sahara deserts and exotic places. etc.
I used to have the window rain covers installed on all 4 Windows of my Suburban her windows Texas for years. They never moved so let’s hope Lucid can buy better tape. 😂✌️

BTW the local mobile guy called me and Panel Gap Inspection set to Thursday. He said that is the earliest he could get to me late in the evening.

So 40 Cars are keeping 2 guys pretty busy.

Thanks to Tesla and Rivian the Stock is up a smidgen. 🚀💸

I posted the Panel Gaps on my QG Trunk the other day in one of the threads along with Comparison to a white that did not have that large of a gap. My DA did try to underplay it saying everyone has a different opinion so IF YOU FEEL it is bad then call service. I did and they did not seem to have logged my call.
I had complained about the asymmetry of the panel gaps between the trunk lid and the rear side quarter panel at delivery. They initially stated that the gaps were within standards. I complained again multiple times. They finally did measurements of all the gaps on my car and ended up taking my car for three days to fix multiple gaps--

1) Hood to front lip,
2) Driver's front quarter panel to charging port panel.
3) Charging port panel to driver's side door.
4) Driver's side door to right rear passenger door
5) Trunk to both rear side quarter panels.

I'm glad that they took care of the panel gap issues because the car looks much better now that the gaps are fixed. (sorry, forgot to take before and after pictures)

I had complained about the asymmetry of the panel gaps between the trunk lid and the rear side quarter panel at delivery. They initially stated that the gaps were within standards. I complained again multiple times. They finally did measurements of all the gaps on my car and ended up taking my car for three days to fix multiple gaps--

1) Hood to front lip,

I'm glad that they took care of the panel gap issues because the car looks much better now that the gaps are fixed. (sorry, forgot to take before and after pictures)
Thanks for that information. Glad to hear they finally fixed it. I will keep the group posted on my panel gap.

1) Hood to front lip,

Good to know. I had service looks at my panel gaps for trunk and they said within tolerances. I may just try again.

Good to know. I had service looks at my panel gaps for trunk and they said within tolerances. I may just try again.
Yes 100% don’t give up. This is ridiculous IMO. I think they pushed this car to me because I told them if my Loan Check expires you can kiss my money goodbye and better be ready to give me my 1K back.

I hope this makes them take notice and get better. The blessed car is definitely a dream to drive but looks like the build is sub standard as the other OP had Panels coming off due to Tape peeling etc. except perhaps the Tesla’s as I have been hearing here and on YouTube 😂😭.

I'm encouraged to hear you are getting the gaps addressed by Lucid. That's great news.

Frankly, this is a big concern of mine on deciding if I should move forward with my reservation. I would much prefer a white car, but I'm leaning towards grey.

If Lucid can get those angled trunk lid gaps tighter, I think the car will look MUCH better.

I'm encouraged to hear you are getting the gaps addressed by Lucid. That's great news.

Frankly, this is a big concern of mine on deciding if I should move forward with my reservation. I would much prefer a white car, but I'm leaning towards grey.

If Lucid can get those angled trunk lid gaps tighter, I think the car will look MUCH better.

Generally, I'm driving too fast for anyone to notice the panel gaps.

And also safer. Safety is always #1.

These bears/shorts are quoting our issues on Stocktwits but never the positives 😂

Attachments

• 41AB1FF8-F6E3-4814-BC25-B40B3F240169.png
    41AB1FF8-F6E3-4814-BC25-B40B3F240169.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
I just checked I have the hole where I can stick my finger in as well! Never noticed it...hmmm

At least you got it done pre delivery and not post like me.
Same here, how do they look now? Mine is getting picked up to fix them and apparently the trunk lock tomorrow. Probably will be without a car for two weeks because they have to take it from Dallas to Houston TX

Same here, how do they look now? Mine is getting picked up to fix them and apparently the trunk lock tomorrow. Probably will be without a car for two weeks because they have to take it from Dallas to Houston TX
The car looks SOOO much better. I wish that I had taken pre and post pictures but I forgot.

Wondering the same thing

Attachments

• 20230209_133557.jpg
    20230209_133557.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 20230209_133553.jpg
    20230209_133553.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 95
Back