Paint Correction?

ashar56

Cars
Lucid Air
Hi -

I have a black Air Touring that I am looking to get a single or dual stage paint correction, and then ceramic coated. I've heard some people say the paint is extremely thin, which makes me quite scared to have any paint correction done. However, I also hear the paint quality is similar to that of a Tesla, and I know people get paint correction on Tesla's left and right. Can someone who has had their Lucid paint corrected please comment? TY!!

There was only like 1 or 2 incidents of thin paint. Plus the shop you want to do your paint correction at will be able to measure it. Also the thickness of the paint only tells 1 story and there are other factors involved in quality besides thickness.

Hi -

I have a black Air Touring that I am looking to get a single or dual stage paint correction, and then ceramic coated. I've heard some people say the paint is extremely thin, which makes me quite scared to have any paint correction done. However, I also hear the paint quality is similar to that of a Tesla, and I know people get paint correction on Tesla's left and right. Can someone who has had their Lucid paint corrected please comment? TY!!
So in general, the paint is on the thinner side but the "thinness" of the paint will differ largely from vehicle to vehicle.

In general, paint correction of at least a single stage polish is a decent idea aprior to coating, especially because it's black.

Pending you don't take it to a "perfect paint" type of shop and it's a shop that values ensuring you have enough material left on the car, you'll be fine.

Pick the shop that takes the time to explain the process and doesn't just give you a price and rush you off the phone.

Back