Out of Spec new YT video: Road to Gravity

For me it’s 7 seats and a bit more room for the family. I also appreciate a little higher vehicle to climb in/out of.

Don’t get me wrong, me and my big ass are enjoying the hell out of my Air :)
Totally fair - the question was Gravity vs R1T though, not Gravity vs Air.

Totally fair - the question was Gravity vs R1T though, not Gravity vs Air.

I don’t think you can even compare the R1T (or the R1S) to the Air. They are like comparing Apples & Oranges when it comes to car class.

I'm considering Gravity as our next car (another options are Volvo EX90 and maybe Kia EV9). And honestly for me, having 7 seats as hard requirement, 0-60 is something not even in the list of 5 most important params to be honest. I even think that many BEV producers put much more power than consumers wanted into many of their cars.
Ok, to clarify. Would I be happy to have 3s 0-60? Sure! Would I pay more if I'd be able to choose between cheaper with 6s and more expensive with 3s? I'd go with cheaper for sure.
At the same time frunk. Will I seat there? Maybe. My kids for sure. Wold I want frunk to open electrically, from remote, and easily loadable? Absolutely! I don't understand how come other manufactures make they frunk (when they have it) to open like the hood of combustion engine car - my wife would never ever open and use it for anything.

I even think that many BEV producers put much more power than consumers wanted into many of their cars.

Peter Rawlinson explained this in one of his talks. Unlike internal combustion engines, electric motors operate at their most efficient low in their power band. Thus a more powerful motor that runs low in its power band helps an EV attain greater efficiency. So, in a sense, the extra power comes at no cost. It's there when and if you want to use it, but the real point of it is to enhance efficiency, not speed.

Peter Rawlinson explained this in one of his talks. Unlike internal combustion engines, electric motors operate at their most efficient low in their power band. Thus a more powerful motor that runs low in its power band helps an EV attain greater efficiency. So, in a sense, the extra power comes at no cost. It's there when and if you want to use it, but the real point of it is to enhance efficiency, not speed.
Yeah I understand it's some kind of "side effect", not the main goal in this case. And at the same time understand why they always show this cool frunk and not talk abut dynamics of Gravity: I expect for main users of Gravity dynamics will be somewhere close to the end of the list: "Oh, it's also crazy fast! Something like 5 seconds or less, I don't remember"

…0-60 is something not even in the list of 5 most important params to be honest. I even think that many BEV producers put much more power than consumers wanted into many of their cars
You’re making me sad!

I'm sorry for that! I just think Air and Gravity have significantly different target audience, and noticeably different priorities as result.

Actually, Peter Rawlinson said Porsche and Lamborghini (the Urus) were the benchmarks for the Gravity. I think Lucid is targeting as wide an audience as it can with the Gravity, seeking to avoid as many compromises in both performance and practicality as it can. It will likely manifest, as it did with the Air, in a fairly wide spread of trim levels at fairly wide price differences.

I'm considering Gravity as our next car (another options are Volvo EX90 and maybe Kia EV9). And honestly for me, having 7 seats as hard requirement, 0-60 is something not even in the list of 5 most important params to be honest. I even think that many BEV producers put much more power than consumers wanted into many of their cars.
Ok, to clarify. Would I be happy to have 3s 0-60? Sure! Would I pay more if I'd be able to choose between cheaper with 6s and more expensive with 3s? I'd go with cheaper for sure.
At the same time frunk. Will I seat there? Maybe. My kids for sure. Wold I want frunk to open electrically, from remote, and easily loadable? Absolutely! I don't understand how come other manufactures make they frunk (when they have it) to open like the hood of combustion engine car - my wife would never ever open and use it for anything.
I've looked a lot at other 6-7 seat EV's, and nothing provides the compbination that the Gravity presents, its efficient, long range, performance, ride and handling....nothing beats it. EX90 has only 300 mile range and has numerous software issues, LIDAR not even activated in present software and looks like a ICE SUV....that puts me off. EV9 looks overstyled and again only 300 mile range.

Gravity is what I'm getting.

I've looked a lot at other 6-7 seat EV's, and nothing provides the compbination that the Gravity presents, its efficient, long range, performance, ride and handling....nothing beats it. EX90 has only 300 mile range and has numerous software issues, LIDAR not even activated in present software and looks like a ICE SUV....that puts me off. EV9 looks overstyled and again only 300 mile range.

Gravity is what I'm getting.
For me the space efficiency is one of the very first arguments in favor of Gravity.
EX90 has many issues. They say they built it on a completely new electric-only platform, and somehow they managed to made it worse than XC90. Everyone says their 3rd row is a joke. My current car has very limited 3rd row, but my current car is almost one foot shorter!

Back