What's new

OTA

WildRide47

Join
Oct 22, 2020
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche Panamera Tur
I feel for you. Waiting all these years and then having to put up with this. Hopefully it will all be straightened out so you can enjoy the car that you ordered.

hydbob

Expert Member
Join
Nov 14, 2021
Vehicle(s)
Dream P
DE Number
No. And today, for the first time since the mobile techs flushed and replaced the computer coolant, the Pilot Screen froze again. Also, Alexa, as usual, was declining to call up any music. Although I was in a strong cell signal area, the car was showing zero signal strength.

I pulled into a grocery store parking lot to take this picture. You can see that the car was not displaying any cell phone or WiFi signal at all. It's a bit fuzzy, but that slender line just to the left of the oak tree is the cell phone tower I was looking at from the car. Lucid uses AT&T, and that tower transmits an AT&T signal.

View attachment 523

I called Lucid Customer Service, and they told me to attempt a soft reset. I did, and nothing corrected. So we did a second soft reset. At that point the Pilot Screen unfroze, and the car was displaying four bars of cell phone strength (as it should, given it was parked right in front of the tower).

Lucid has decided a computer module needs to be replaced, but it is not a mobile repair. When the part arrives, the car is going to have to be transported over to the east coast of Florida.
That's good and bad but really good. Sounds like they pinpointed your issue to the module responsible for LTE reception which will hopefully fix your Alexa issues. Glad it's moving along.

My car is also going into service tomorrow to replace the front door chucker latch? I think that's what he called it. It makes a clicking noise when fully extended, which I never noticed because I never fully extended my door. Also, for some reason my back shade doesn't always extended, might be getting stuck on something and that will be checked during service as well.

hmp10

Expert Member
Founding Member
Join
Mar 7, 2020
Vehicle(s)
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
How are they planning on transferring it and getting it to the repair shop? (How far away is the shop?)

The Service Center is in Riviera Beach 147 miles away on the other side of the state (about a 3-hour drive). The mobile tech (who is based on our side of the state) said that the Service Center would call me to discuss transport arrangements once they knew more about when the part would become available. He wasn't sure how they would do it.

If they can do the work in 2-3 hours, I might consider driving the car over and back myself, as I haven't yet taken it beyond Naples. I'd like to take a highway trip in it to check out real-world range, and driving it back would give me a chance to see if the repair addresses connectivity issues that might arise in the Florida hinterlands.

Last edited:

idiot900

Join
Jan 4, 2022
Glad to see they've finally determined this is a hardware issue.

You might not need one, but I wonder whether they'll offer you a loaner...and would that car be a Lucid, or something else?

hydbob

Expert Member
Join
Nov 14, 2021
Vehicle(s)
Dream P
DE Number
Glad to see they've finally determined this is a hardware issue.

You might not need one, but I wonder whether they'll offer you a loaner...and would that car be a Lucid, or something else?
They've offered me loaners, I declined, but it from a rental agency as they don't have cars to loan now.

Lucken

Expert Member
Join
Jan 31, 2021
Vehicle(s)
21 Audi e-Tron Sportback
The Service Center is in Riviera Beach 147 miles away on the other side of the state (about a 3-hour drive). The mobile tech (who is based on our side of the state) said that the Service Center would call me to discuss transport arrangements once they knew more about when the part would become available. He wasn't sure how they would do it.

If they can do the work in 2-3 hours, I might consider driving the car over and back myself, as I haven't yet taken it beyond Naples. I'd like to take a highway trip in it to check out real-world range, and driving it back would give me a chance to see if the repair addresses connectivity issues that might arise in the Florida hinterlands.
That's the concern I've had and expressed before, especially living in the N.Y. area where there's absolutely nothing in terms of service centers. Perhaps by the time the Pure arrives, Lucid will have shaken out things in the NE when it comes to service centers. I can't imagine that in such a densely populated area they wouldn't have a service facility.

hmp10

Expert Member
Founding Member
Join
Mar 7, 2020
Vehicle(s)
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
I owned a Tesla for four years before they opened a service center within 100 miles of me. Between the mobile service vans and the one time that Tesla flat-bedded my car in for repair, the distance to a service center never became a problem. In fact, I'm sometimes sorry that a service center opened closer to us, because now we have to take the car in for work that earlier would have been done by a mobile tech.

I'm having fits with the computer/software in my Air and have already had to have it worked on twice with a third time coming, but neither Lucid's responsiveness nor the lack of a nearby service center has been part of the problem.

Steveinarizona

Join
Jan 14, 2022
Vehicle(s)
Reserved Pure
The good news for me is that the Lucid Scottsdale service center (not yet open but under construction) is only 12 miles away from me (here that is considered "in the neighborhood"). The Design Studio is even closer. But Electrify America charging stations are still few and far between. On the other hand, just about every luxury car maker has a location less than 3 miles away so by the time I am ready to replace my PHEV, there will be many choices nearby.

PhotoEye

Join
Dec 29, 2021
Open question to all DE owner's who have received their cars and have contributed to or experienced the software functionality shortcomings noted throughout this forum:

Have you experienced fixes via OTA downloads? If so, can you please list the fixes briefly? No need to describe the unfixed stuff, unless you want to revisit your pain!

Thank you.

hydbob

Expert Member
Join
Nov 14, 2021
Vehicle(s)
Dream P
DE Number
Open question to all DE owner's who have received their cars and have contributed to or experienced the software functionality shortcomings noted throughout this forum:

Have you experienced fixes via OTA downloads? If so, can you please list the fixes briefly? No need to describe the unfixed stuff, unless you want to revisit your pain!

Thank you.
Chargeport door closing when something was plugged in.