FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.52

Installed 2.1.52 last night. It certainly did some robust things:

1. For the first time in months, CarPlay did not load. It wasn't even possible to delete and reinstall the phone to do this, as the fone didn't show.
2. On the highway, the motors died. Everything else (except car play) was working, but the car lost all motive energy on US 101 in Palo Alto.
3. After trying a reset, (walking away and waiting 15 minutes). The car ran again, carplay did not, and the app now shows the software rolled back to 2.1.50.

Robust that!

(yes, I robustly called service.)
Good news. The update was re-pushed to me. Everything works well now. So, I suppose I had a glitch in the earlier install. CarPlay loads reliably, no problems with HA, and all the new features work robustly as advertised. Robustness all around.

I'm still awaiting this latest update. I do wonder if there were some legitimate bugs that caused Lucid to pause pushing 2.1.52 to everyone. I am really anxious to get the long-awaited tilting side mirror and general robustness, of course!

I'm still awaiting this latest update. I do wonder if there were some legitimate bugs that caused Lucid to pause pushing 2.1.52 to everyone. I am really anxious to get the long-awaited tilting side mirror and general robustness, of course!
At this point, I'd say it's safe to contact Customer Care and ask them to push the update to you. It's been over a week since the rollout started.

This update is causing some serious issues with my CarPlay connection. Lucid won’t connect to CarPlay even if I force it to (which used to work before) in settings > devices > CarPlay button. It also mutes my calls when transferring from my phone to CarPlay (on the occasions it does connect to CarPlay)

This update is causing some serious issues with my CarPlay connection. Lucid won’t connect to CarPlay even if I force it to (which used to work before) in settings > devices > CarPlay button. It also mutes my calls when transferring from my phone to CarPlay (on the occasions it does connect to CarPlay)
What measures have you tried to solve the problem?

What measures have you tried to solve the problem?
I’ve done the following:

-Cycled disconnecting/connecting bluetooth
-Soft reset by holding the Air logo
-Set up my phone again after deleting it from Lucid

I’ve done the following:

-Cycled disconnecting/connecting bluetooth
-Soft reset by holding the Air logo
-Set up my phone again after deleting it from Lucid
Did you also delete the car from your phone? Before setting it up freshly? That can help. Is your phone on the newest update?

Just to make sure, do you have the geofenced charging enabled/disabled? Try plugging in before your scheduled start time. Then checking the app 30 min later to see if it registers Charge Scheduled.
I did have the geofenced charging enabled and I was plugging in well before the scheduled time. That said, changing the time to immediately cause charging to occur and the resetting it to the desired time worked. All is good again for my scheduled charging and if others run into this, hopefully this thread helps them.

Anyone else notice persistent seat and steering wheel heat settings (enabled) on this version?

I also noticed rear climate controls disable if you have the frost defrost on. Is that new?
Wow if those are correct, both would seem to merit mentions in the release notes. Good find!

It’s not that they can’t geofence it. It’s that they haven’t. Buyers must understand, and I’m not giving Lucid an excuse or a free pass here, Lucid is a new car company that is diligently working to bring several complicated models to market and survive in a tough EV market. They have certainly brought many features and functions out that the car did not originally have, you can check www.lucidupdates.com and see the 60 updates that have been released since the car was released. If this feature was a dealbreaker for you, you shouldn’t have bought the car. Car buyers must do their due diligence and make sure that the features that are most important to them exist on the car that they are looking at. Lucid never promised they would geofence Homelink and I hope they do… but overall the car is so fantastic and blows away Tesla in almost every aspect of drivability, which is much more important to me than whether or not I have to press a button when I arrive home.
So while my Homelink capability doesn't know that I'm home (either arriving or leaving), I find it interesting that the (I assume) geofencing recognizes when I get to my subdivision's gate and presents my gate specific options...

My left side mirror doesn't tilt when reversing, the one on the right does. Anyone else faced this issue and know how to fix it?

My left side mirror doesn't tilt when reversing, the one on the right does. Anyone else faced this issue and know how to fix it?
Right now it's only the passenger side mirror that tilts. Driver side doesn't.

I appreciate the rear view mirror tilt and other features. All of them work great except CarPlay. CarPlay has always been a hit and miss for me even with the latest update. Carplay is so essential because the native maps suck. Currently my car is in Lucid shop getting worked on for some hardware issues but I have also asked them to look at Carplay.

Issues (see attached screenshots):
1. Carplay disconnects automatically sometimes after 15-20 mins during a drive.
2. Sometimes I don't see the Carplay button at all (the last one on devices screen)
3. Stuck at starting Carplay screen.
4. Carplay touch lags a bit missing touches.

Fixes tried:
1. Bluetooth turned on/off
2. Removed Lucid from iPhone bluetooth and removed phone from car bluetooth.
3. Removed Lucid from carplay settings.

iPhone 14 Pro with latest iOS and Lucid app
Lucid Air Touring on 2.1.52

Attachments

• IMG_7022.jpeg
    IMG_7022.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7021.jpeg
    IMG_7021.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_7019.jpeg
    IMG_7019.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
...CarPlay has always been a hit and miss for me even with the latest update. Carplay is so essential because the native maps suck....
Sorry Carplay isn't working consistently. Fortunately, I've had no issues with Android Auto in the 17 months I've owned the car.

So while my Homelink capability doesn't know that I'm home (either arriving or leaving), I find it interesting that the (I assume) geofencing recognizes when I get to my subdivision's gate and presents my gate specific options...
The menu will pop up within about 50 feet of the position the car was when it was programmed. The Geofencing that has been requested is for automatic activation of the home link item.

Is this update still rolling out? Still haven't had it pushed to mine.

Definitely msg CS for a push
I've called Customer Service twice now over about 10 days and still haven't had it pushed out to me. Going to try for a third time today. I want that tilting mirror!

Back