FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.52

Yep, I got the warning this morning. I thought it has something to do with the outside temperature but it never went away. The tire pressure looked fine to me at 45-46 (I didn't check after it warmed up though).

Edit: is it supposed to be at 49psi on 19"? Maybe that's why
While parked, Try changing the tire size in the new settings, save it, and then change back to 19" all while parked. It worked for me yesterday. And yes, I believe 49 psi is correct

When set to auto, the high beams have to be manually turned on for each drive. Once manually engaged, they will turn off an on automatically.
That's how it works but not what I expect or want. I would expect auto to not require that I manually engage this feature on every drive. Auto should default to engaged during each drive

That's how it works but not what I expect or want. I would expect auto to not require that I manually engage this feature on every drive. Auto should default to engaged during each drive
I would want the high beams not to turn on unless I give it permission the first time. Don’t want the system to get it wrong and blind oncoming drivers without my knowledge. I think this is a sensible behavior.

I would want the high beams not to turn on unless I give it permission the first time. Don’t want the system to get it wrong and blind oncoming drivers without my knowledge. I think this is a sensible behavior.

In all my years of owning Teslas, with auto Hi beams set and forgotten, the system has never “[gotten] it wrong”. Never.

My Lucid, the one where I have to select for auto Hi beams at the beginning of every drive, gets it wrong at least once on every night time drive, and always when I use the turn signal. Quite regularly - and this is most likely operator error - the auto Hi beam function is turned off when I move the turn signal stalk. I don’t know why this happens or why I do this wrong so often, but that’s what happens. And I have to reset the auto Hi beam function all over again.

On the other hand, don’t get me started on Tesla’s soi-disant “auto wiper blade” function. What a mess.

It makes sense if you think of the label 'auto' as referring to only turning on the headlights automatically when it gets dark out. In this case, the 'auto' refers only to turning the low beams on and off but not the high beams. Those need to be turned on each drive. Having said that, I agree with you and I would like the option to have all exterior lighting (high beams, low beams, parking, driving) set to auto and stay there unless I change it. Maybe that's the next hack for our API guys @borski and @segbrk lol

I also would like the auto high beams to be permanent and persisting after each drive.

The tilting of the side view is nice but would be even better if the tilt is programmable.

On one of my other cars, I am able to select the side view camera pointing down at the curb to get a direct up-close view of the wheel and curb during street parking. The surround view on the Air allows you to get the 3D side view but that actually doesn't get you a very detailed view of where the wheel is in relation the the curb. What would be awesome is to have the side view camera pop up on the instrument panel manually or automatically when parking, similar to the camera view that shows the blindspot when activating the turn signal. Then you can get the top down surround view on the center display and also the wheel/curb view on the instrument display.

I also would like the auto high beams to be permanent and persisting after each drive.

The tilting of the side view is nice but would be even better if the tilt is programmable.

On one of my other cars, I am able to select the side view camera pointing down at the curb to get a direct up-close view of the wheel and curb during street parking. The surround view on the Air allows you to get the 3D side view but that actually doesn't get you a very detailed view of where the wheel is in relation the the curb. What would be awesome is to have the side view camera pop up on the instrument panel manually or automatically when parking, similar to the camera view that shows the blindspot when activating the turn signal. Then you can get the top down surround view on the center display and also the wheel/curb view on the instrument display.
When using the surround view camera, look closely at the checkered and solid white lines. These tell you just how close you are to any object including the curb. Also, the camera is very generous with the inches it displays so you can bank on having an extra inch or two from what the camera states.

What would be awesome is to have the side view camera pop up on the instrument panel manually or automatically when parking, similar to the camera view that shows the blindspot when activating the turn signal.
That’s a Tesla feature. We don’t ask for Tesla features around here 😛

Sure we do. @Bobby has been asking for the mirror cams to pop up on reverse for forever!

We have been asking sentry mode. It’s on the top 5 of the top 10 items.

Really? Love my car- but super frustrated at promises not being kept. I rely on Self driving- I have almost 50k miles on the car. Looking at the image- it's WRONG - in so many ways. Is that OK??? By just seeing that image I would falsely assume that this is the tech that I was buying. How is it "pretty obvious thats just a random CGI representation"? Why would I assume that after paying $140k for a car that promised on delivery Level 2 self driving (it did not for a year) that they wouldn't vet every customer facing image or implied claim. It's not a joke. I saw that image and thought I didn't have some update or didn't have Dream Drive Pro or something was different about my GT. I verified that I am all up to date. I'm totally not looking to sue- I want this company to succeed- love the driving, range and looks of the car - it's my daily driver for past 2 years as I was one of the first to purchase it. But you cannot mislead customers, intentionally or unintentionally. Looking at the image- especially as a Tesla owner as well- you would be led to believe that this is what the Dream Drive Pro looks like and is taking in all that data in around it, similar to what a Tesla does. Every time my car ping pongs in the lane around a curve, I have to take over before side swiping something, This is OK- this is Tesla Autopilot V1- but it is not OK to make it appear that it's currently much more advanced than it is- that it's reacting to or observing anything else - especially as an inducement to purchase. It's been there for months, I alerted customer service months ago- it's still there. Even when Elon Musk overpromised and didn't deliver, they would remove it from their website (Roadster anyone?). I am just alerting that the company be honest with its present and future customers and pay attention to details becoming of a high end luxury car. The build quality and performance has. The tech has not. Credibility isn't earned on false or overlooked random CGI representations.
I agree 100%. When GM has super cruise with hand free driving and we have ping pong and false pay attention warnings the DD pro feature is a sham. Lucid should fix it asap. The sales team sold me a bill of goods with promises of self driving…. At this point I will be happy with hand free and true traffic jam assist.

This update broke CarPlay completely. It stopped working and then when the phone was paired again CarPlay didn’t even show up as an option. Tried multiple methods to reconnect including turning off and on Bluetooth, repairing with the car, and three forms of soft reset. Eventually gave up and called customer care this morning. If anyone has the same problem, here are the steps they shared that worked for me.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on the phone.
2. Switch to the guest profile and then back to your profile while your phone’s Bluetooth is off.
3. Turn Bluetooth back on.

I had tried all of those things, but not in that order. Hope this is helpful.

When using the surround view camera, look closely at the checkered and solid white lines. These tell you just how close you are to any object including the curb. Also, the camera is very generous with the inches it displays so you can bank on having an extra inch or two from what the camera states.
I didn't realize that, I'll look closer next drive.

I've hit a bug with this update that I don't see reported in this thread yet. Prior to the update, when pulling into my garage, the parking sensors would sound, the front camera would turn on, and the surround camera would turn on. Now, the front camera no longer turns on. The parking sensors and surround camera work as expected.

This is a bummer for me as I would stop and switch the front camera to rear and see if I'd pulled in far enough. Not sure how to manually get the camera to come up.

I'm going to try a logo reset in the hopes that if fixes the issue.

Is every body eager to try our right after the update? I generally update on late nigh and let the car go to sleep. Then, I come next morning and drive off and test the features. knocking on wood, I have never had to do the reset or anything else because the car would be deep sleep and wake with the reboot of the S/W.

Having said that, I am planning to do the S/W update tonight and go on a ride tomorrow morning. Hopefully, my theory proves me right:)

Since the update it seems like I can no longer change the volume of the touch feedback. The volume stays the same no matter where I have the slider in the volume settings. Is anyone else having this issue?

For the most part the the update has been solid, only weird thing was audio selection between the audio UI and CarPlay. That is, if I play a Spotify track from the UI, it freezes, then the CarPlay symbol comes up, and it stops playing. My workaround is to kill the Spotify app on my phone. Not blaming 2.1.52 yet, since Apple just foisted IOS 17.3.1 on us!

This update broke CarPlay completely. It stopped working and then when the phone was paired again CarPlay didn’t even show up as an option. Tried multiple methods to reconnect including turning off and on Bluetooth, repairing with the car, and three forms of soft reset. Eventually gave up and called customer care this morning. If anyone has the same problem, here are the steps they shared that worked for me.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on the phone.
2. Switch to the guest profile and then back to your profile while your phone’s Bluetooth is off.
3. Turn Bluetooth back on.

I had tried all of those things, but not in that order. Hope this is helpful.
Interesting. I might try that next time.

I had the same problem after updating, but the following worked for me:
  1. Logo reset.
  2. Use Settings > Connectivity > Devices to find the phone in the list.
  3. Press the CarPlay icon on the right side of the phone device row.
A separate problem that happens to me (unrelated to the update) is that if I pause music and leave the car, then come back and unpause there's no sound. The work around is to set the output of the Music app on the phone to CarPlay. For some reason it will sometimes select the Lucid's bluetooth connection instead.

Back