OTA 1.2.76

I really like that. It gives me instantaneous feedback. Kwh or the other measurement is average over certain amount of time.
The energy meter on the dash is there already to show relative usage of power or production of regen.

The multiple Trip Meter is more useful on cockpit dashboard than just on pilot panel. Driver doesn’t have to look down for that info.

That instantaneous energy consumption is cool AF.
91E4E3E0-FA35-40F0-B195-EBE8630BFD15.jpeg

211CD527-DDAA-4E1D-B723-A1C9F35D5709.jpeg

Yeah I appreciate the simplicity of the dash as well. But, this small sample size thread does show that it seems Lucid owners would like a certain degree of customization. The car is logging a tremendous amount of data behind the scenes. To be able to visualize even a tiny amount does pique the interest of many I think.

I’m away from home, but I’m going to try to remote OTA update first time.

225CD505-EE9C-4F38-A757-F1A114E49C1F.png

This is so sick! 😮
22454A13-4B0F-4DBE-A9F0-E21688FB59F6.jpeg

Sat in the car while doing the update this morning. I figured it was just 4 minutes.

Pressing the brake after completion didn’t wake the car. Phone app wouldn’t work either. Door wouldn’t open from the inside 😳. Finally realized I had the key fob in my pocket and double clicked - which woke the car up.

Phew, wasn’t quite sure what my next step was going to be.

Crawl between the opening in the back seats, pull the safety lever in the trunk and roll out back. One member has already done this.

Door should manually open by way of the lever. You just have to pull a lot harder for manual to work.

Has anyone else already updated? My Service guy says to hold off because they are picking up the Car to take it back to the service station.

Version 1.2.76

Attachments

• 2BB95C65-D469-4B13-B57C-442495610E46.jpeg
    2BB95C65-D469-4B13-B57C-442495610E46.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 74
Yeah I appreciate the simplicity of the dash as well. But, this small sample size thread does show that it seems Lucid owners would like a certain degree of customization. The car is logging a tremendous amount of data behind the scenes. To be able to visualize even a tiny amount does pique the interest of many I think.
Add me to the list of minimalists who want as little up there as possible. Heck, I'd like the center cockpit screen to show nothing but the next turn for nav. I don't even need my speedometer.

Customization is the obvious answer, as everyone has different preferences. But that's a 2.0 type of problem. Get the bugs fixed first, Lucid.

Sat in the car while doing the update this morning. I figured it was just 4 minutes.

Pressing the brake after completion didn’t wake the car. Phone app wouldn’t work either. Door wouldn’t open from the inside 😳. Finally realized I had the key fob in my pocket and double clicked - which woke the car up.

You didn’t follow the disclaimer, “don’t stay inside car. 2 minutes countdown to get out the car?”

The multiple Trip Meter is more useful on cockpit dashboard than just on pilot panel. Driver doesn’t have to look down for that info.

That instantaneous energy consumption is cool AF.
View attachment 3753
View attachment 3754
Why would you ever need the multiple trip panel on the cockpit? Aoparently you like a cluttered screen. I quite like it just the way it is.

You didn’t follow the disclaimer, “don’t stay inside car. 2 minutes countdown to get out the car?”
I’ve done dozens of software update on my model S, I stopped reading the messages a while ago. Guess I have to start again.

Haha so this is what happens when you don’t read the update warning that says exit the vehicle! Thanks for being patient zero in this experiment!

While I know a few nerds here will understand this, the Lucid really does feel like GladOs from Portal. The navigation lady’s voice can’t be that similar by coincidence. “The science gets done and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive…” like I think the facial recognition camera is wired into Alexa to tell Amazon my responses to random car glitches?

Why would you ever need the multiple trip panel on the cockpit? Aoparently you like a cluttered screen. I quite like it just the way it is.
I like the current screen, it’s quite simple and elegant. But I also like to have ability to toggle for more info sometimes on dashboard. Don’t just just show one Trip Meter. I like to know how much miles and energy used since last charge, or easy toggle to TPMS info, etc etc, all these info on dash is good to have so not looking down the pilot panel while driving.

Of course we can use steering wheel knobs to toggle info instruments or select dashboard style to configure user UI preference. I’m critic of it bc my past life was MS Windows application architect/developer.

People wants to complain Lucid software. To me, it’s not bad aside from subsystem communication bugs, the GUI design is very elegant, but there are just many features elements I can think of wanting to see this GUI even better.

Back