OTA 1.2.10

Yep! 460 miles -> 469 miles for 21” confirmed (only my 2nd time 100% SOC charge)
(Ver 1.2.10)

41392ED4-891F-43CB-BA46-6ED5BEA39EAC.png

Attachments

• 6649D360-902A-4F16-B784-5FEF3106B27F.png
    6649D360-902A-4F16-B784-5FEF3106B27F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
This is 1.2.10 installed remotely, yet driven out with 100% SOC (21” wheels). So the Tripometer is on 1.2.9. I will take her out for spin this evening to observe what is changed.

36BE7397-5651-4022-9A8A-6B2ED07AD4A7.jpeg

This is 1.2.10 installed remotely, yet driven out with 100% SOC (21” wheels). So the Tripometer is on 1.2.9. I will take her out for spin this evening to observe what is changed.

View attachment 4111
I guess I have to stop getting on the go pedal so hard. I’m under 3 for average mi/KWh 😬. It’s just sooo fun

I believe it’s mostly summer heat and BMS fan whine causing the efficiency decline. With perfect weather, wind speed, flat elevation and driving at speed limit, EPA is really achievable number.

I'm at 2.9 and just hit 1900 miles today. Haven't taken a road trip yet to see how it does on long distances.

Also, still waiting for 1.2.10....
yeah. I only get 2.9 to 3.0 when in town, presumably from short trips and a lot of fans running from them. When on long trips, I have gotten as high as 4.2, but generally 3.8 to 4.0. Car has averaged 3.5 over the entire history.

yeah. I only get 2.9 to 3.0 when in town, presumably from short trips and a lot of fans running from them. When on long trips, I have gotten as high as 4.2, but generally 3.8 to 4.0. Car has averaged 3.5 over the entire history.
You have 19” or 21”?

My entire history is 2.9, but I attribute that with overheated garage with nonstop drain by fan.

You have 19” or 21”?

My entire history is 2.9, but I attribute that with overheated garage with nonstop drain by fan.
I have 19's

I've seen lower numbers this summer too, with my averages being between 3.8 - 4.1. My overall average is 4.1 in the car, but I had been getting higher numbers in the spring.

For those seeing higher numbers since the latest update, is this with both trip and since last charge or only on since last charge?

View attachment 4111
16 hours later, I am still 469 zero drain in hot garage. I wonder if it is because full battery doesn’t drain or 1.2.10 software doesn’t drain. Today is quite hot in my garage.

Too bad I cannot go for joyride as it started to rain…. 😔

How do you view the entire history?

If you haven't reset your trip(s), that's where - on the pilot panel, hit settings, then vehicle, then trip information (or something like that; not in my car to confirm the exact wording).

I keep Trip A as my lifetime numbers and occasionally reset Trip B to get short-term efficiency.

For me, it’s Trip B which I never reset. I use the Trip A when I want to visualize a certain time period. And since last charge is just that. However, ”since last charge” and the “trip” when reset at charging will give different numbers.

It’s been 40 hours passed and and it is still at 100% SOC with no drain. It’s raining outside to take it out. (I washed had it last weekend) I wonder does it deteriorate battery if car stay at 100%. Anybody know? The nozzle was unplugged 40 hours ago.

68AB1986-E393-46A9-A45E-898B286BA1E4.png

It’s been 40 hours passed and and it is still at 100% SOC with no drain. It’s raining outside to take it out. (I washed had it last weekend) I wonder does it deteriorate battery if car stay at 100%. Anybody know? The nozzle was unplugged 40 hours ago.

View attachment 4145
It's not ideal

I wonder does it deteriorate battery if car stay at 100%. Anybody know?

Keeping a Li-Ion battery at full charge is a recipe for dendrite formation, which is the main culprit in shortening battery life. It is the reason that most EV manufacturers recommend limiting charge for daily use to 80% or 90% (depending, in part, on the size of the upper buffer in the battery pack). Lucid recommends a limit of 80% for daily driving.

The only time I ever charge beyond 80% is immediately before starting a road trip where I need the range and dendrites won't have much time to form.

Using DC fast chargers when you have the availability and time for Level 2 charging is also more taxing on the battery pack. Lucid worked with Samsung (the battery supplier for the 118-kWh pack) on a formulation that reduces the stress on the batteries of DC fast charging (Level 3), but they have never been forthcoming with hard data relating to the impact on Samsung battery life from Level 3 charging. And they never made any statements about a special formulation to reduce Level 3 charging stress with the LG Chem batteries that are used in the 112-kWh pack.

Back