OTA 1.2.10

I believe I tried that but thanks for that info and will definitely keep that in mind.

Perhaps another suggestion for OTA - not to put the car to sleep if it senses a person in the Driver or Passenger seat.
That would be smart. I believe Teslas do that, as I've sat many times in my car, waiting for my wife, sometimes for 20 minutes or more, and the car never goes to sleep. Even if I'm not running any media, etc. The AC /Heat stays on, and all the screens remain lit.

True, I just tap the brake every now and then to reset the countdown. Not ideal, but also very minor.

That would be smart. I believe Teslas do that, as I've sat many times in my car, waiting for my wife, sometimes for 20 minutes or more, and the car never goes to sleep. Even if I'm not running any media, etc. The AC /Heat stays on, and all the screens remain lit.
Yeah it did it again at an EA charging station. Tapping the brake a few times seems to have worked.
Charging g fine at a 350 hookup but did not do any PREP, Is that a requirement?

Seems to be charging fine. Looks like Polestars and Kias can hook up to 350 charge stations. Did not ask if they charge at that high rate.

One station gave me an error but the second one worked just fine.

Slowed down as I get towards full charge went from 6mi/Min to 3Mi/min and from 150Kw to 50kw.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 104
I’m looking forward to some @Sandvinsd testing!
I charged last night after 1.2.10 installed, but it did not sit a long time when it was finished. It charged to 80%, was at 78% a while later, but I had been in and out of it so it wasn’t a good test. It will be a while before I charge again.

1.2.10 shows an available update on the app, but after I hit "install now" and "confirm" the wheel spins and then nothing happens. I've called customer support and they have no clue. The software on this car is absolutely maddening.

1.2.10 shows an available update on the app, but after I hit "install now" and "confirm" the wheel spins and then nothing happens. I've called customer support and they have no clue. The software on this car is absolutely maddening.
Sometimes it just spind and the update is complete. This last patch was small. Did you check your car to see if the update actually installed?

So did you really gain the miles or has the software just been changed to make you think you have more mileage? Didn’t Elon have software re-written to make Tesla owners think their battery life is better than the real numbers?

So did you really gain the miles or has the software just been changed to make you think you have more mileage? Didn’t Elon have software re-written to make Tesla owners think their battery life is better than the real numbers?
I think it spooked out the phantom and undrained back the drained. 😆

I think it spooked out the phantom and undrained back the drained. 😆
This could be good! I just updated and went from 332 miles to 341.

This could be good! I just updated and went from 332 miles to 341.
Maybe there was reserve 9 miles forgot to be accounted for at first place? 🤔

Maybe there was reserve 9 miles forgot to be accounted for at first place? 🤔
Interesting...probably right. I just noticed that was exactly what you got, too.

I don't know how newer Teslas are, but mine goes to sleep after 20 minutes of just sitting in the drivers seat, quicker if there are only passengers.

What if anything should be different after updating to 1.2.10. I did not notice anything, yet.
After 1.2.9 the software seems to be taking much longer to show up.

Not sure it’s related to an update but it has happened to me 3 times now. I open the doors with the phone. Put the phone in the center bin and in the 30 seconds that this takes the car goes to a complete sleep and I have to use the phone or open and shut the door to wake it up. The screens just did and do not respond at all until I go through the Open process again. Anyone have this experience yet?
Not yet
While waiting last 3.5 hrs for new 1.2.10 OTA to assign to me, no BMS phantom drain yet while fully 100% charged.
Not seeing drain as before
I was told today by the head of service at my SC that 1.2.10 is designed to reduce the drain seen after charging that I and others have been discussing. Will be interested to try it out! Also, not sure if this was known but they batch in groups of 100 for OTAs, at least for now!
I think so
If true, that would be huge.
Huge
I believe I tried that but thanks for that info and will definitely keep that in mind.

Perhaps another suggestion for OTA - not to put the car to sleep if it senses a person in the Driver or Passenger seat.
Absolutely, I went into Home Depot and car media stopped. I turned climate on, knowing that would shut off.

I vaguely remember when SA confirmed order with me in January that difference of 19” and 21” is 10% range and 21” get 469 mi. But after I charged first time 100% last weekend, it’s actually 460 mi. After I installed 1.2.10, I gained 9 miles but have yet try to check where 100% SOC is at.

Could it be 460 + 10% more = 506 and 469 + 10% more = 516 as new standard?

It’s rated at 469. But just because the car is rated for that, doesn’t mean it will display that number on a 100% charge. Seeing 460 isn’t surprising honestly. I’ve seen my 100% number bounce around, and back on my 2019 MS rated for 370 miles at the time, first 100% charge revealed 361. I’ve seen 516 pre 1.2.10 update

It’s rated at 469. But just because the car is rated for that, doesn’t mean it will display that number on a 100% charge. Seeing 460 isn’t surprising honestly. I’ve seen my 100% number bounce around, and back on my 2019 MS rated for 370 miles at the time, first 100% charge revealed 361. I’ve seen 516 pre 1.2.10 update
Battery capacity is a function of temperature so it is natural for it to move around a bit.

Battery capacity is a function of temperature so it is natural for it to move around a bit.
Yea I understand, was just trying to convey that simply because the RR is 469, doesn’t mean your display will ever show that number.

This is pretty cool how much of an impact you're having on straight up improving this car for people (like me) who are stuck just waiting on the sidelines for delivery. Thank you. Keep complaining, it seems to be working.
Worth the wait. Hang in there.

Back