Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Been lurking for a while. Figured it was time to join and add my car to the list.

Reservation: January 15, 2022.
Order confirmed: November 2, 2022. (Got my VIN last week!)
Options: Stellar White, Santa Cruz Interior. 20" wheels. Glass roof, dream drive pro, surreal sound pro.
State: CA

I just received my VIN for QG AT DDP, Glass canopy, 19", Santa Cruz. Reserved 3/4/21 and confirmed 8/11/22
Super excited
Happy for you, and you got great taste with picking those options, just like me😜! Also I'm assuming you got SSPro even though you didn't mention it.

But... can't help but notice that my reservation (Dec. 2020), confirmation (8/10/22) and finalization (10/27/22) are earlier or the same as your's and I haven't heard anything yet nor seen the apply for financing button. The only thing that comes to mind is that you're in CA which is closer/easier to deliver to than WA...

what puzzles me is that the current pains should not have been a surprise since the CEO of lucid is literally an ex-Tesla S Chief Engineer and plenty other of ex-Tesla employees at Lucid.

do you still have faith in the company?
I definetly do. Inflation and Cocid related supply chain was not their when Tesla was ramping up. The product will speak. It's easy to be an armchair critic.

Happy for you, and you got great taste with picking those options, just like me😜! Also I'm assuming you got SSPro even though you didn't mention it.

But... can't help but notice that my reservation (Dec. 2020), confirmation (8/10/22) and finalization (10/27/22) are earlier or the same as your's and I haven't heard anything yet nor seen the apply for financing button. The only thing that comes to mind is that you're in CA which is closer/easier to deliver to than WA...
I think they will proritize nearby AZ and other closer states first. Easier to get deliveries there by year end.

Sounds like folks got VINs so Tourings and Touring pictures should be showing up within couple weeks I assume?

IT HAS ARRIVED
Just received a call from SA at Virginia studio to say that my Cosmo/Santa Cruz Touring has arrived for pick-up. Have a 12:00 appointment tomorrow for full review and instruction so that it will find its new home. He mentioned this touring is the first to come to his studio and one of the first on East Coast. Now I am finally excited!! First all EV (had hybrid) that I will own so a learning curve on tech is in my future.

IT HAS ARRIVED
Just received a call from SA at Virginia studio to say that my Cosmo/Santa Cruz Touring has arrived for pick-up. Have a 12:00 appointment tomorrow for full review and instruction so that it will find its new home. He mentioned this touring is the first to come to his studio and one of the first on East Coast. Now I am finally excited!! First all EV (had hybrid) that I will own so a learning curve on tech is in my future.
Yessir! Lots of pictures please! Congratulations!

Frustrations on many levels-
1. People not getting priority based on their booking times, but finalized times!
2. Folks getting priority based on certain color combos.
3. people in NE are SOL as they are focusing on meeting their numbers and likely delivering locally or geographically close areas Because of shipping problems.
4. lack of transparency and Communication from company/DA on all the above, basically they are choosing winners and losers of Fed Tax credit, just so they can meet their numbers.
sour grapes for me, so sorry about venting…
And if the I.R.Act had not been enacted, none of this would have mattered. But it did and now fear of missing the tax credit is driving this reaction of anger.

IT HAS ARRIVED
Awesome! That’s my config also. Please ost pics! Would love to see good interior photos !

I am so happy for people receiving VINs - When will ZR/Tahoe will get assigned. I can't wait any longer. I should have just sticked with White/Tahoe :(
I ordered white/Tahoe with confirmation on 1 November and I live in CA. Still not a word from my DA.

I ordered white/Tahoe with confirmation on 1 November and I live in CA. Still not a word from my DA.
I have little hope for Tahoe but my DA is still saying it’s on track

IT HAS ARRIVED
Cool. Congratulations!!!!

I have the same config and hoping for a midweek delivery then I may take a few mental health days off from work to spend driving around.

Cool. Congratulations!!!!

I have the same config and hoping for a midweek delivery then I may take a few mental health days off from work to spend driving around.
Nice. I’m hoping to be right behind you both with my Stellar White.

Reservation Date, Confirmation Date, Exterior/Interior Color, and Options

March 1, 2022, Stellat white, Santa Cruz, metal roof, 19”, dream drive pro, CA
Since this tracker tracks deliveries, it would be helpful to see which have been delivered. Another column perhaps?

Nice. I’m hoping to be right behind you both with my Stellar White.
Joe - FWIW - I watched Bear’s drone flyover of the factory on 2 Dec. There were LOTS of white cars in the lot where the trucks have been loading up…. Hoping ours are among them….

Nice. Let us know how it goes tomorrow, and I'll put you directly into the delivered page.
Had a great delivery experience in Chicago. I had never been in a Lucid prior to today. I've had Teslas for the past 5 years (one of every model with the Model S being my favorite of the bunch), and I have to say that the Lucid is something special. It's such an immersive driving experience with the curved screen and the luxurious materials, being modern but not quirky. Highway assist worked well on my drive home, and I thought the sound system was great. I am truly impressed.
The only thing I'm hoping I don't regret is the light colored carpet in the Santa Monica interior... :/. But it looks good now!

Attachments

• IMG_3910.JPG
    IMG_3910.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3914.JPG
    IMG_3914.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3909.JPG
    IMG_3909.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 171
Back