Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Just spoke with my SA about Touring deliveries and she said two things fairly confidently:

1. There are multiple deliveries occurring at the Santa Monica location today and there will likely be a video of this released later.

2. Since I opted for all of the recommended features (basically fully loaded without Stealth), I will be able to take delivery before the end of the year. I asked if it was because the number of confirmed orders with those features was within the current production capacity and she said yes.

I will believe it when I see it, but this same SA has given me virtually zero assurances all year long, so it was a drastic shift in tone.

Open question on my end is whether I can authorize someone else to pick the car up for me since I will be out of the country until January 1st.
My SA said that they underestimated how many of us travel internationally, so they now ask when ordering to help smooth delivery times, haha

Toughest decision was interior color and DD vs DDP.

Originally went with Mojave but just liked the look of Santa Cruz the best especially with the light oak trim. Just didn't want to deal with that carpet or back seats regardless of what kinds of protections are out there. Landed on Tahoe as I felt it was somewhere in-between both choices.

Everyone has strong feelings on the DD vs DDP debate. I went with the option that made the most sense for me despite losing a feature that I was interested. My secondary thought was if they actually produced my configuration with DDP this year they'd reach out to get me to switch anyways.

I did the test drive thing at the Plano showroom (just opened). I'll go ahead and get the DDP upgrade as it's a hardware as well as software difference. DDP just has a lot more features and you can't just get an OTA and upgrade if you don't order it. It is interesting how Lucid pulled out a lot of features without DDP. To a certain extent - I appreciate what they did. I'm super hesitant to believe the cameras will solve all FSD problems. Personally, I think it's vaporware.
And, yes, if you take delivery this year - you get the $7500 - if not you're SOL.
The technical differences between the AGT and the AT are minimal once you add in DDP. The only 3 differences are slight trim materials, massage seats and battery - and small charging differences. Aside from those - they're the same car. However, with the smaller battery you get better rear seat comfort due to the 3.5" lower floorboard. The AT also weighs in about 500lbs less. I'm not sure what that does overall but I could see minimal improvement in tire wear.
@dolphinsafe
Please join Texas Lucid Owner Group thread

https://lucidowners.com/threads/all-texas-owners-or-future-owners-please-post-on-this-thread.2404/

and

Texas Lucid Owners Telegram thread

My SA said that they underestimated how many of us travel internationally, so they now ask when ordering to help smooth delivery times, haha
To follow up on this, my DA confirmed someone else can pick up the car for me as long as they submit their ID and I fill out a form, even if I’m out of the country and if I’m financing (some weird initial comment my DA made that I asked him to clear up).

I asked if they could just hold my car at the Costa Mesa service center (since I live less than 100 mi. away and allegedly therefore don’t qualify for at-home delivery) until I’m available on Jan 2nd, but he said the car must be taken off of the lot by 11:59PM on Dec 31st to be counted as accepting delivery in 2022 (don’t think anyone will be there waiting that late, just him being hyper technical).

To follow up on this, my DA confirmed someone else can pick up the car for me as long as they submit their ID and I fill out a form, even if I’m out of the country and if I’m financing (some weird initial comment my DA made that I asked him to clear up).

I asked if they could just hold my car at the Costa Mesa service center (since I live less than 100 mi. away and allegedly therefore don’t qualify for at-home delivery) until I’m available on Jan 2nd, but he said the car must be taken off of the lot by 11:59PM on Dec 31st to be counted as accepting delivery in 2022 (don’t think anyone will be there waiting that late, just him being hyper technical).
Can your friend or someone take it out, then park it back inside? xD

Touring at BH studio overall impressed with all materials. Just in the stand point of Material only 50k difference between this and GT seems like a steal for touring.

Attachments

• 61C1D8EC-7EF7-4190-9BCC-9EB6F8E30BC6.jpeg
    61C1D8EC-7EF7-4190-9BCC-9EB6F8E30BC6.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 203
  • EFE3E279-845A-42D5-9F93-16ED5768662A.jpeg
    EFE3E279-845A-42D5-9F93-16ED5768662A.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 198
  • C1F8D478-6E85-4FBA-838E-5E5872811774.jpeg
    C1F8D478-6E85-4FBA-838E-5E5872811774.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 203

I think it might be to do with revenue recognition - for the transaction to count in the quarter the car probably has to be physically delivered. There’ll also probably be someone in the accounting team checking up on the delivery advisors…

I think it might be to do with revenue recognition - for the transaction to count in the quarter the car probably has to be physically delivered. There’ll also probably be someone in the accounting team checking up on the delivery advisors…
Well that and the tax credit. Car needs to be put in service for 2022.

Touring at BH studio overall impressed with all materials. Just in the stand point of Material only 50k difference between this and GT seems like a steal for touring.
Thanks for the steering wheel close up. I had yet to see a closeup photo of the steering wheel.

Does anyone know of Lucid is allowing hands on in depth reviews of the Touring. I've only seen the Engadget one so far.

Does anyone know of Lucid is allowing hands on in depth reviews of the Touring. I've only seen the Engadget one so far.
As per the most recent Reddit AMA, a number of journalists have tried out the Touring…but Derek did not say how much time these journalists had with the car.

That’s all I took, sorry!

The back seats are a noticeable difference in comfort.
As in an improvement? I'm average height, and find that to get my legs/feet comfortable in the GT, I have to slouch. Was that your experience and did the touring rectify that?

To follow up on this, my DA confirmed someone else can pick up the car for me as long as they submit their ID and I fill out a form, even if I’m out of the country and if I’m financing (some weird initial comment my DA made that I asked him to clear up). I asked if they could just hold my car Costa Mesa until I’m available on Jan 2nd, but he said the car must be taken off of the lot by 11:59PM on Dec 31st to be counted as accepting delivery in 2022 (don’t think anyone will be there waiting that late, just him being hyper technical).
Can your friend or someone take it out, then park it back inside? xD
Haha. No, I don’t think they would be too thrilled about that.

However, I will note that Lucid has offered to pick my friend up from San Diego and drive them up to Costa Mesa to take delivery of my car. I double checked with my insurance and they said the car would be covered if I authorized my friend to drive it.

In the tracker, is there a demarkation for those who have had their cars delivered?

We should start seeing more of those soon, if Lucid's PR is doing its job at all.

Anyone has any update regarding the VINs and/or expected delivery...
The reason I ask because we have holidays upon us and was wondering/set expectations as I will be away for 2 weeks in Dec...

Back