Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Taking the plunge - I wanted Stealth and am reluctant to pay for DD Pro as I only really value highway assist, but I’m excited to take delivery this year.

Reserved: Nov 11, 2020
Confirmed: Nov 18, 2022
Color: Stellar White
Interior: Tahoe
Stealth: No
Roof: Glass
Wheels: 20"
Surreal Sound Pro: Yes
Dream Drive Pro: Yes
State: WA

Hi Joe, I sorry if I caused any confusion. My car was moved from the Touring Tracker to the GT tracker, but my order is definitely for the Touring.

Congrats to chillywilly.

I was also supposed to get a call from Brandon on Wednesday. No call, no reply to my follow-up email. Did you ever get in touch with him?
I went back into his online calendar and scheduled another call for the following day. He did call at the scheduled time. He apologized for missing the call; said he had a delivery in Tucson.

Spoke with my DA, Felipe, yesterday. Again very helpful. A few things:
1. He said my fully loaded QG AT with 19" wheels would likely be made the first week or two of December. He thought my receiving it before year end would be "tight" (I live in Maryland). He asked if I would be willing to switch from Grey to Silver as Silvers are being made right now so I could expect delivery sooner. I declined but this confirms that loaded Silvers are the first Tourings being produced. I'm still hoping for the $7,500 tax credit even if delivery is after Jan 1.
2. I asked about purchasing black lugnuts and silver Lucid wheel caps for my 19" wheels (another Forum member did this and I thought it looked great). He thought that would be possible and put a note in my file requesting this. He said they could also remove the aero caps at my request and put them in the trunk.
3. I asked about direct delivery to my detailing shop. He said they are no longer offering this and I would need to pick it up at the Tysons Corner store.
4. I told him I bought a Juicebox 48 wall charger. He acknowledged that there has been a problem with scheduled charging with the Juicebox since the 2.0 software update (I believe this has also been a problem for Chargepoint chargers - not sure if it affects ALL chargers). Hoping this gets fixed soon.
5. I asked about getting all weather floor mats. As far as he knew, none of these have been made yet (despite being listed in the Lucid online store) but he put me on the list of interested customers.

It's happening!

Joe, Please add me back to the Touring Tracker: Reservation: 9/9/20, Finalized: 11/5/2022, Color: Cosmos Silver, Interior: Mojave, No Stealth, Glass Canopy Roof, 20" Wheels, Surreal Sound Pro - Yes, Dream Drive Pro - Yes, State/Province: Tennessee. (I somehow got posted to the GT tracker by mistake, I'll figure out what I am doing wrong soon!)

1. He said my fully loaded QG AT with 19" wheels would likely be made the first week or two of December. He thought my receiving it before year end would be "tight" (I live in Maryland). He asked if I would be willing to switch from Grey to Silver as Silvers are being made right now so I could expect delivery sooner. I declined but this confirms that loaded Silvers are the first Tourings being produced. I'm still hoping for the $7,500 tax credit even if delivery is after Jan 1.
2. I asked about purchasing black lugnuts and silver Lucid wheel caps for my 19" wheels (another Forum member did this and I thought it looked great). He thought that would be possible and put a note in my file requesting this. He said they could also remove the aero caps at my request and put them in the trunk.
3. I asked about direct delivery to my detailing shop. He said they are no longer offering this and I would need to pick it up at the Tysons Corner store.
4. I told him I bought a Juicebox 48 wall charger. He acknowledged that there has been a problem with scheduled charging with the Juicebox since the 2.0 software update (I believe this has also been a problem for Chargepoint chargers - not sure if it affects ALL chargers). Hoping this gets fixed soon.
5. I asked about getting all weather floor mats. As far as he knew, none of these have been made yet (despite being listed in the Lucid online store) but he put me on the list of interested customers.

It's happening!
Could you post a picture of the black nuts and silver caps please?

It's odd that he told you that you'd have to pick up at Tysons. I guess maybe because you live in Maryland. I'm in PA and Tysons is my nearest studio until King of Prussia opens and I'm getting home delivery free of charge.

Could you post a picture of the black nuts and silver caps please?

It's odd that he told you that you'd have to pick up at Tysons. I guess maybe because you live in Maryland. I'm in PA and Tysons is my nearest studio until King of Prussia opens and I'm getting home delivery free of charge.
I think I read somewhere that they will provide home delivery if you are more than 100 miles from a showroom???

Below are pics from this forum.
Original 19" wheels with aero caps:
wheel caps on.jpeg

Original 19" wheels with aero caps removed:
wheel caps off.jpeg

Black lugnuts and silver cap installed:
Black lugnuts.jpeg
Black lugnuts 2.jpg

Hmmm I wonder which color they're producing now? If still silver then it's been 3 weeks silver.

It's happening!
Thanks for the information! Did he mention when they plan on building the rest of the colors? My DA hasn't answered my email request since our first call. They probably keep pretty busy.

If anyone else has a conversation with their DA coming up please feel free to float that question out there and let us know! :)

So, the first delivery happened on Nov 15 which is great but was that a one off to a special customer? I do not expect any one waiting for Pure to be invited to finalize till we see more Touring deliveries here unless of course that is a separate production line.

Received an email and text from our DA today with exciting news.

VIN has been assigned and the car is heading into production. Please update the tracker to reflect.

Are the aero caps supposed to reduce the drag coefficient?

Back