• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I spoke to my DA today. For those of you like me who ordered Stealth its seems that it will be a February or March delivery. They will first make all of the GT's that ordered Stealth and then the touring. It's fine with me as I am in no rush. One other thing is that if they do release all season tires for the 20" or 21" wheels then we can change our configuration to get those tires. He said that many customers in the areas which get bad weather have been asking about all season tires for these wheels and they wont release options until they are fully tested but it is something they are looking into and working on.

I will be talking to my Delivery Advisor tomorrow at 3:30. What can I expect?

Just an update to my tracker that's on the list -
Reservation date: May 25, 2022
Confirmed: November 2, 2022
Stellar White exterior
Tahoe interior
19" Aero Range
Platinum look
Glass roof
Dream Drive Pro
Surreal Sound Pro
State NJ

Reactions: Joe
Received a call from an SA in CA tonight to discuss my 2 orders. Was told that the IRS changed their guidelines for the $7500 tax credit and that in order to qualify, the buyer must take delivery by 12/31/22. I was told the car would be delivered this year if I switched from DD to DDP. So I made the switch. Now I hope this actually happens. Kept the second order unchanged. Looks like they are really trying to maximize their 2022 revenue.

Received a call from an SA in CA tonight to discuss my 2 orders. Was told that the IRS changed their guidelines for the $7500 tax credit and that in order to qualify, the buyer must take delivery by 12/31/22. I was told the car would be delivered this year if I switched from DD to DDP. So I made the switch. Now I hope this actually happens. Kept the second order unchanged. Looks like they are really trying to maximize their 2022 revenue.
I’m not aware that IRS changed guidelines. Also the wording in the bill is clear that you don’t need to take delivery this year. Sounds like th DA was trying to get you to buy DDP.

For statistical integrity of the tracker, I should add that I also go for the DDP and SS.

My delivery advisor, Omar, reached out to me 4 days after I confirmed the specs on my car. He seemed like a pretty knowledgeable guy. Here's to hoping the wait is short!

Hi Joe, Not sure if it matters, but my official order confirmation date is August 11, 2022 (to beat the 8/16 deadline). Then on 11/5 I was contacted by my DA for the first time to provide Registration and payment info and confirm my selections had not changed. He said my order would be submitted to the factory for production and then I would receive a VIN number in a few days. I am still waiting on the VIN. I am new to the Forum, but I appreciate al the hard work you are doing.

Wow, sorry I didnt mean to set anything off here. I just thought you all wanted to know that Lucid did actually deliver to customers on the 15th and it wasn't a staged event.

For better or worse i will at least say that i am a regular old customer. Nothing "preferred" here. I ordered the exact spec that matched the cars that they wanted to deliver and I live near the event site. I think its that simple. When I last looked there were no other cars on the tracker in CA with exactly the same specs as the ones that delivered (note: I changed to 20" wheels). Hopefully that puts all the speculation to bed and answers your questions.

Happy to answer questions related to the car going forward in the other threads :)
Any truth to the rumor that owning a Touring Edition increases your sex appeal....with the ladieeeesssssss

What’s best way to change an option like if you want dream drive pro but locked design ?

My stats:
Stellar White
Reserved: May 22, 2022
Confirmed: August 10, 2022
Color: Stellar White
Interior: Santa Cruz
Stealth: No
Roof: Metal
Wheels: 20"
Surreal Sound Pro: Yes
Dream Drive Pro: No
State: CA

Reserver 9/2020, Ordered 10/27/2022, QG, 21", SSP, Glass. Received a call yesterday indicating if I upgraded to DDP I could take delivery this year - I'm on the fence. Any advice may be helpful.

Reserver 9/2020, Ordered 10/27/2022, QG, 21", SSP, Glass. Received a call yesterday indicating if I upgraded to DDP I could take delivery this year - I'm on the fence. Any advice may be helpful.
I received the same call from Lucid Headquarters. If it doesn’t arrive by end of year you can revert back to original order without Pro. This way with tax break adding Pro is almost free.

My delivery advisor, Omar, reached out to me 4 days after I confirmed the specs on my car. He seemed like a pretty knowledgeable guy. Here's to hoping the wait is short!
Mine too. Good communication and answered all the questions. He said he will send 1 pager regarding the charging details and he sent that after I texted him after few days waiting( I am sure he is busy)...

I received the same call from Lucid Headquarters. If it doesn’t arrive by end of year you can revert back to original order without Pro. This way with tax break adding Pro is almost free.
That's where I'm a bit confused and I need to discuss with my accountant. I have a separate reservation for a Rivian - pre-signed with them back before the inflation reduction act - that basically makes it so we get the tax credit even when taking delivery in '23. However, I'm also under contract now for the Lucid - so I'm thinking that may be the same - but I didn't opt-in back in August or whatever like I did with the Rivian.
You're right - if I can't take advantage of the tax credit it makes sense to pay an effective $1500 for DDP. If I get it anyway because I'm under contract I'd just opt out.

That's where I'm a bit confused and I need to discuss with my accountant. I have a separate reservation for a Rivian - pre-signed with them back before the inflation reduction act - that basically makes it so we get the tax credit even when taking delivery in '23. However, I'm also under contract now for the Lucid - so I'm thinking that may be the same - but I didn't opt-in back in August or whatever like I did with the Rivian.
You're right - if I can't take advantage of the tax credit it makes sense to pay an effective $1500 for DDP. If I get it anyway because I'm under contract I'd just opt out.
Lucid seems to believe now, as I do, that opting in to the committed contract back in August is not going to qualify people who take delivery in 2023 in the eyes of the IRS. I have no idea what Rivian is telling customers at this point. And as I've said many times, there are plenty of other threads for that debate, and there's no definitive answer yet.

Clearly Lucid has more capacity to produce Tourings before the end of the year, so long as they are fully loaded. (They don't have time to make changes to the assembly line, but they can push more cars through that line than they currently have booked.)

We can deduce, then, that not enough Touring reservation holders have gone for the fully loaded package. So they are encouraging people who are only missing Dream Drive Pro to opt in and essentially get Pro for $1500, given the tax credit difference.

Some may call that being pushy or desperate. I call it maximizing Q4 deliveries and letting customers know there's an opportunity to get a good deal on an expensive feature. You can always say no. I doubt the resale value of a Touring with DDPro will be $9,000 more than one without, but it's almost certain to fetch at least $1,500 more. Meanwhile you get actual features that already exist in pro, such as the 360 camera and lane centering.

I think this boils down to personal choice. No right answer, but I am glad they are letting people know of the opportunity. I was always going to go fully loaded, but if I were on the fence, I'd be strongly considering this. Unless I just couldn't take delivery in December for some reason.

Back