• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I finalized it just now (different than confirmation?) as previously specified in the tracker (under @ramsnazz).

Reactions: Joe
Yea, that would be nice. Turns out the pick-up location is a bit further away than I would have imagined, so I'm considering all of my options. Would be nice to drive it down the PHC/101 though (Costa Mesa, CA down to San Diego). I will be moving back from living abroad with two kids, so it's a bit of a hassle on the day I get back. Biggest thing that I care about is making sure I don't do anything to mess with the $7,500 tax credit at that point. Hopefully Lucid is accommodating.
What is the date that you finalized your design? Did you ask the DA if they could adjust your delivery date to your needs? It's a nice 90 minute drive from Costa Mesa to SD.

What is the date that you finalized your design? Did you ask the DA if they could adjust your delivery date to your needs? It's a nice 90 minute drive from Costa Mesa to SD.
Offered to finalize Nov. 2nd and did so on Nov. 4th. Unfortunately my DA tried to call me at midnight Sunday AM (3PM PST / 12AM CST) and has been unresponsive since then, so I’m only going off the SA right now. Will update depending on what the DA says.

Just spoke with my SA about Touring deliveries and she said two things fairly confidently:

1. There are multiple deliveries occurring at the Santa Monica location today and there will likely be a video of this released later.

2. Since I opted for all of the recommended features (basically fully loaded without Stealth), I will be able to take delivery before the end of the year. I asked if it was because the number of confirmed orders with those features was within the current production capacity and she said yes.

I will believe it when I see it, but this same SA has given me virtually zero assurances all year long, so it was a drastic shift in tone.

Open question on my end is whether I can authorize someone else to pick the car up for me since I will be out of the country until January 1st.
I am also out of the country last 2 weeks in December and was told by Delivery Advisor- yes. Need copy if DL and authorization letter for the person.

Hi @joec, take me off the Touring confirmation list - talked to SA and am downgrading from Touring down to a Pure. Will nudge you again when the Pure confirmation list shows up :D

Please switch my exterior color to the Quantum Gray with Mojave interior…My DA called and allowed me to make the switch…Got a chance to see the cosmos silver and was not feeling it at all 😞

Reactions: Joe
Man, I have been shopping for that combination and the price point is $130k +... Congrats
There was a Zenith Red/Santa Cruz in Chicago last week that sold for 130k I think. They are out there! Good luck on your search.

I suspect prices will stabilize once the used tourings come out. Then we will have a floor for GT prices. Right now they seem to be dropping.

Has anyone received a VIN yet? I’m still waiting for my first contact from my DA.

I'm considering changing to the Pure also. Especially since there is now a negligible difference in timing between touring and pure in delivery. CNBC reported that the first pures will be delivered by the end of the year

I'm considering changing to the Pure also. Especially since there is now a negligible difference in timing between touring and pure in delivery. CNBC reported that the first pures will be delivered by the end of the year
I'd think only a few Pures would be delivered by end of year, and only in the 1 specific configuration

I'd think only a few Pures would be delivered by end of year, and only in the 1 specific configuration
I agree. Did they happen to say what configuration that would be? If so, I must have missed it.

And, since I'm not getting my Touring this year (Mojave), and I'm getting a metal roof, I could conceivably get a pure before they get around to making tourings with the configuration I would like. And I'd save a few bucks as a bonus

Just spoke with my DA and he estimates my Touring will be ready inside of the last two weeks of the year. I cannot imagine the Pure slipping through when they can only make 30-50 cars per business day and are prioritizing the AGT and Touring right now.

Last edited:
Back