Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

So DTA, on that printed confirmation, what date is on it? I have a 4 page confirmation/contract, but it shows my August 12 date, not my November 1.
I probably am over thinking it, but nothing shows that Nov 1 confirmation other than the e mail, which is probably good enough.
Hi Sheena.. Like you my confirmation [doc] reflects Aug 12, 2022.. which is the date I converted my reservation over to an order. And like you, my only proof of the Nov 1, 2022 order converting from it's existing state to a 'final' state is the conversations had with my SA & DA on Nov 3, 2022. So I do not believe you are over thinking it ..so much as the anticipation of wanting to know how this final stretch will provide clarity on the build schedule of your Touring so your anxiety level lowers with the knowledge of when you will take delivery of your car.

I can provide you with an update on my circumstances that may help you to see what's coming your way. Today I received a call from one of LUCID's Business Rep's to review and complete my order [for the second time]. This was a different conversation I had with my DA. During that discussion we reviewed the features and options I selected as well, but where I did not opt for DD Pro previously, my discussion with the Business Rep centered around that. I suspect it was to ensure I had a 'final' opportunity to ensure I was aware of the delay of taking delivery of my car if I did not include DD Pro.

Additionally, because of my initial reservation date [Mar 7, 2020] I also suspect the LUCID team was looking out for me as I have had a chance to establish and deepen a few relationships during the waiting process. I cannot "hang my hat" on that, however I am a big advocate of the stock that comes from well intentioned relationships. For all it's worth, after speaking with the Business Rep today I was assured my Touring would be received prior to the end of the year.. and that's the first time either of my LUCID team members have verbally acknowledged that. Cheers!

Hi Sheena.. Like you my confirmation [doc] reflects Aug 12, 2022.. which is the date I converted my reservation over to an order. And like you, my only proof of the Nov 1, 2022 order converting from it's existing state to a 'final' state is the conversations had with my SA & DA on Nov 3, 2022. So I do not believe you are over thinking it ..so much as the anticipation of wanting to know how this final stretch will provide clarity on the build schedule of your Touring so your anxiety level lowers with the knowledge of when you will take delivery of your car.

I can provide you with an update on my circumstances that may help you to see what's coming your way. Today I received a call from one of LUCID's Business Rep's to review and complete my order [for the second time]. This was a different conversation I had with my DA. During that discussion we reviewed the features and options I selected as well, but where I did not opt for DD Pro previously, my discussion with the Business Rep centered around that. I suspect it was to ensure I had a 'final' opportunity to ensure I was aware of the delay of taking delivery of my car if I did not include DD Pro.

Additionally, because of my initial reservation date [Mar 7, 2020] I also suspect the LUCID team was looking out for me as I have had a chance to establish and deepen a few relationships during the waiting process. I cannot "hang my hat" on that, however I am a big advocate of the stock that comes from well intentioned relationships. For all it's worth, after speaking with the Business Rep today I was assured my Touring would be received prior to the end of the year.. and that's the first time either of my LUCID team members have verbally acknowledged that. Cheers!
You finalized your Touring order without Dream Drive Pro and the Business Rep (not DA) assured you were going to get your car delivered before the end of the year? This is consistent with the general 1 - 3 months delivery many have heard. However, I thought that was for a fully loaded (optioned) Touring with 19" wheels..

You finalized your Touring order without Dream Drive Pro and the Business Rep (not DA) assured you were going to get your car delivered before the end of the year? This is consistent with the general 1 - 3 months delivery many have heard. However, I thought that was for a fully loaded (optioned) Touring with 19" wheels..
Point of correction - when I finalized my order on Nov 3rd [w/my DA] I confirmed opting for DD. When I spoke with the Business Rep today I added DD Pro to my configuration.

Like so many others have pondered, DD Pro was not a primary option for me as I believe the true capability will not be available for a few build cycles [years] and for that reason I opted not to add it. However, to include DD Pro vs only opting for DD was not a matter of cost, therefore the cost [to me] for waiting to take delivery far exceeded the $9k included [now] to add DD Pro. The logic being, as LUCID matures the capability of DD Pro I will have had ample time to enjoy the car and be ready to receive the functionality when perfected. In the meantime, I'll have the car and [again] waiting for DD Pro, but I'll have my car!

Hope this clears up the difference in ordering and desire to receive my Touring sooner than later.

new interior samples sent out to studios sampling Touring and Pure interior materials

Attachments

• 20221112_152502.jpg
    20221112_152502.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 136
  • 20221112_152505.jpg
    20221112_152505.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 143
  • 20221112_150831.jpg
    20221112_150831.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
  • 20221112_150835.jpg
    20221112_150835.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 153
new interior samples sent out to studios sampling Touring and Pure interior materials
Interesting. Thanks for posting. We have not yet received the confirmation request yet, but it looks like we need to go back to the showroom. I didn't really think about the interior material changes between the different lines, but of course there would be... Really like what may be a silver blue that was posted in another thread? Hopefully that is a real thing for body colour!

Interesting. Thanks for posting. We have not yet received the confirmation request yet, but it looks like we need to go back to the showroom. I didn't really think about the interior material changes between the different lines, but of course there would be... Really like what may be a silver blue that was posted in another thread? Hopefully that is a real thing for body colour!
I can understand that Touring being a lower trim having different materials but hopefully the interiors are not too different look-wise. I doubt there would be Touring versions of every interior available at all studios anytime soon, and all of us that have confirmed orders did so based on looking at the GT's interiors.

I was never invited either. I found out during an unrelated phone conversation with my SA. If you haven't logged in to your account yet I'd give it a shot, and check with your SA too.
Same here. No invitation yet. I just found out about the invitations by checking this thread now. I am now quite looking forward to the Nov 15 Touring/Pure launch presentation.

Does Touring Santa Cruz have the same wood trim as GT
According to the design configurator on the Lucid website, both Touring and GT have North American Walnut trim for Santa Cruz. Whether the trim will be in the same amount/locations as the GT is anyone's guess.

I think Lucid is intentionally showing the August date as the "order confirmed" date for everyone that chose to move to non-refundable back then in case this can be used to claim the $7500 tax credit.

Without further debating the "legally binding contract..." meaning in this thread, the original language of the bill did say that customers who ordered before Aug 16th but received their vehicles after would still qualify for the credit, so if Lucid ended up showing October/November on your order confirmation, then that could end up being considered as evidence that you did not actually order before Aug. 16th.
Came here to say this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221112-211730_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221112-211730_Chrome.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot_20221112-211755_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221112-211755_Chrome.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20221112-211813_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221112-211813_Chrome.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 151
hello all, here are my details

Reservation Date : Nov 2021

Confirmation Date : august 11 2022

Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Reactions: Joe
425mi on Touring !!!!
Did you catch any details of that spec? I'm wondering about implications of speed and heating/cooling. It would be great if the test was done at 70 mph and not 60 mph. And with heat or AC on.

Did you catch any details of that spec? I'm wondering about implications of speed and heating/cooling. It would be great if the test was done at 70 mph and not 60 mph. And with heat or AC on.
Just the typical EPA range. You can calculate realistic range based on current numbers from AGT owners.

Just spoke with my SA about Touring deliveries and she said two things fairly confidently:

1. There are multiple deliveries occurring at the Santa Monica location today and there will likely be a video of this released later.

2. Since I opted for all of the recommended features (basically fully loaded without Stealth), I will be able to take delivery before the end of the year. I asked if it was because the number of confirmed orders with those features was within the current production capacity and she said yes.

I will believe it when I see it, but this same SA has given me virtually zero assurances all year long, so it was a drastic shift in tone.

Open question on my end is whether I can authorize someone else to pick the car up for me since I will be out of the country until January 1st.

Back