My closest Studio's are Tysons Corner, Va and Short Hills, NJ both are over 2 hours away. I wasn't risking driving on 21's in the middle of winter from either. I got my DA to waive the home delivery fee but I'm hearing it's free now.
I was wondering if it’s possible to change colors if you finalized your order? I have been on the fence between the Cosmos Silver and the Quantum Grey. I was able to go by a local service center and viewed both colors Outside…At certain angles the Cosmo looked like it had a light brownish sheen to it….I was definitely not feeling it compared to the light silver color I am so use to….They had a quantum grey right next to it and I preferred it much better.To kind of think of it this service center had a lot of Lucids Gts ready for delivery…
So other than paying an extra $200 more since the paint upcharge is now $1000…Do you think I will be able to make the change…
My closest Studio's are Tysons Corner, Va and Short Hills, NJ both are over 2 hours away. I wasn't risking driving on 21's in the middle of winter from either. I got my DA to waive the home delivery fee but I'm hearing it's free now.
My DA said they are asking to come to studio to pick up the vehicle. I stay 45 minutes away from Short Hills and probably that's why they want to come in.
He said everything else remains same except I will be picking up instead of delivering. I guess to meet the demand, they might stop sending reps to go over the vehicle..
My DA said they are asking to come to studio to pick up the vehicle. I stay 45 minutes away from Short Hills and probably that's why they want to come in.
He said everything else remains same except I will be picking up instead of delivering. I guess to meet the demand, they might stop sending reps to go over the vehicle..
Is VIN assignment the real start of your car's production? Noticed on the earnings call that Rawlinson said Touring Production started a week ago. That implies 2 weeks to build the touring car that will be delivered at the Launch Event.
Is VIN assignment the real start of your car's production? Noticed on the earnings call that Rawlinson said Touring Production started a week ago. That implies 2 weeks to build the touring car that will be delivered at the Launch Event.
My closest Studio's are Tysons Corner, Va and Short Hills, NJ both are over 2 hours away. I wasn't risking driving on 21's in the middle of winter from either. I got my DA to waive the home delivery fee but I'm hearing it's free now.
Interesting. Compared to an Uber/Lyft to bring you to the studio, it may make sense to have the car brought to you and a delivery rep answer questions upon delivery via videoconference. This would free up parking spaces at the studios.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! As long as you converted it prior to the bill passing and converted your deposit to non-refundable.
VIN assignment does not indicate the start of production. When the DA communicates the VIN to you, it is at whatever point in the assembly process Lucid decides is good. Technically, the VIN might have been assigned to your car a month prior to them telling you the VIN. Early on, Lucid communicated the VIN after paint shop but before final assembly (maybe 6 weeks before completion). Then they shifted to close to end of final assembly so people were getting their VIN about 2 weeks before the car was ready to ship.
Lucid does not allow any changes once they have started producing your car. Prior experience is that most changes cause your order to move to the back of the line as they cancel your existing entry in the production queue and input a new one.
I think the issue is the IRS definition of a binding agreement.
A binding agreement according to the IRS has to have at least 5% of the price of the car as non-refundable deposit.
So in our case with the 1k deposit not meeting the 5% rule so they may not accept it as a binding agreement.
I am pretty sure they will not start building mine until next year because I did not want to get the Surreal Sound Pro….I plan to install my own Morel system from my Tesla
I heard the surreal pro and was impressed but not $3k impressed to make the switch.
I am pretty sure they will not start building mine until next year because I did not want to get the Surreal Sound Pro….I plan to install my own Morel system from my Tesla
I heard the surreal pro and was impressed but not $3k impressed to make the switch.
In that case, changing color might still be easy enough. But if they’ve already queued a car up for a production run, my understanding is that any change at that point, especially one as critical as a color choice, would be a significant logistical mess. And yeah, you’d get kicked to the back of the line for it.
I think the issue is the IRS definition of a binding agreement.
A binding agreement according to the IRS has to have at least 5% of the price of the car as non-refundable deposit.
So in our case with the 1k deposit not meeting the 5% rule so they may not accept it as a binding agreement.
I think the issue is the IRS definition of a binding agreement.
A binding agreement according to the IRS has to have at least 5% of the price of the car as non-refundable deposit.
So in our case with the 1k deposit not meeting the 5% rule so they may not accept it as a binding agreement.
That's not what it says!!!! The 5% in the language is simply an example and it applies specifically to a customer's recovery of damages meaning if a customer only put down 5%, their damages for breach are NOT limited to 5%. The 5% is not a firm number. The language is crystal clear in what the IRS considers a binding contract. Here is what the language plainly states.... " if a customer has made a significant non-refundable deposit or down payment, it is an indication of a binding contract. For tax purposes in general, a contract provision that limits damages to an amount equal to at least 5 percent of the total contract price is not treated as limiting damages to a specified amount." Further, it states "For example, if a customer has made a non-refundable deposit or down payment of 5 percent of the total contract price, it is an indication of a binding contract." The language is clear -- NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OR,OR,OR,OR,OR,OR and one more time OR DOWN PAYMENT OF 5% of the total contract price.
Folks, we fall under the transition rule. As long as we converted our deposits to non-refundable prior to the passage of the new bill, it literally doesn't matter if we take delivery in 2023.
Folks, we’ve been over this before. Please restrict your comments about the tax credit to one of the many, many, maaaaaaaaany tax credit threads that are already 40 pages of different people insisting they are right about a rule that literally no one has a clear answer to yet.
I can’t shut this thread down, because it’s the Touring tracker thread. So we need it.
But I am pretty close to starting to erase any comments that appear here which intentionally prolong the un-winnable tax debate.
Just heard from my DA today (Jessop). He gave me timelines of 1-3 Months for the build and delivery of the car in a 2-4 week timeframe after the VIN is assigned. He couldn't/wouldn't answer the question regarding the Blue/Gray colored car, but I suspect the people on these forums that suspect it is a Pure exclusive color are correct. We'll know more in 5 days.