Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Christmas surprise delivery I think for a few of the fully loaded Touring. Imagine the buzz it creates! It would be brilliant marketing if that happens.
I do think some of the earliest people who finalized will get their cars by end of the year. But how many is an open question.

Personally, I'm good with 3 months, as my Model 3 lease happens to end on Feb 1. So I may end up with my Touring within a few days of dropping off the Tesla.

Of course, if Lucid gets me my Touring sooner, I'm not going to say no. Especially if I can lock in that $7,500 credit with 100% certainty.

Spoke with my DA today about adding Pro to Dream Drive with the hope of getting the car before end of year for tax credit. My thought process was if I hadn’t received the VIN by December I would change back to plain DD and hope for the best. Unfortunately Lucid only gives you 7 days after final configuration for changes and I fall at 8 days now. He mentioned if you must change the build it would all be priced at todays rates so that canceled out my clever idea. Life goes on.

Spoke with my DA today about adding Pro to Dream Drive with the hope of getting the car before end of year for tax credit. My thought process was if I hadn’t received the VIN by December I would change back to plain DD and hope for the best. Unfortunately Lucid only gives you 7 days after final configuration for changes and I fall at 8 days now. He mentioned if you must change the build it would all be priced at todays rates so that canceled out my clever idea. Life goes on.
Even if they haven't started building your car yet?

Does the tax credit even apply if you had not finalized before the Aug bill signing?

Even if they haven't started building your car yet?
Yep. Oct 26 was the date he used on my finalization of build with 7 days. I had thought the same as you being the build was still down the road and changes can be made. The DA had mentioned this rule was created recently by Lucid. My guess is they will be batching like cars for production and do not want changes after the fact.

Guess I need to have a call with my guy. They didn't tell me that. I was actually thinking about adding stealth and/or SSP and thought I had some time to make the decision

Dreamdrive feels like a misnomer now. With highway assist I could go with it. Now it’s just basic adas
If Highway Assist uses Lidar it makes sense that dream drive Non-pro wouldn't have it.

I agree. It's almost as if Lucid is forcing you to buy an extra set of wheels and tires for the winter if you wantthe larger size wheels.

Every car manufacturer I know from BMW, Porsche, Audi etc. offers you a choice of summer or All Season when you order a car from them.

It would be nice if Lucid said it is aware of the problem and is making arrangements with a tire manufacturer to suppley A/S tires in the future.
Wouldn't it work to just use 19” tires on nice after-market wheels?

I live in Phoenix and received the financing email on November 2. I'm guessing that email was sent to most (all?) of those that have finalized their configuration.
I finalized on 1 Nov but no DA contact or financing email yet

Final confirmation on Touring was Nov 3. Of course Mojave interior so it will be delayed until first through second quarter per SA.

Reactions: Joe
Spoke to my DA yesterday. He said:
  • DAs have no visibility into production queue order, so they ask for drivers license to have it ready because VIN could be issued with little warning, and then it will be needed immediately to start registration
  • Since their drivers license upload is messed up, I was able to text him images
  • He asked whether I wanted a front license plate holder installed. I said no.
  • My build with Mojave and vanilla DD is expected to start production in Q1 2023. This means anytime Jan-Mar.
  • Roughly two weeks from VIN issuance to being put on a truck to service center
  • I’m in PA. So I could take delivery at Goose Island or Short Hills. Lucid will pay for transportation to either - which could be a plane ticket to Chicago (I mentioned I have family nearby) or Lyft to Short Hills.

Confirmed August 10, 2022
Reservation Feb. 2020
Touring
Zenith Red
Santa Cruz
Platinum Look
Glass Canopy
DDP
SSP
20” Wheels

Confirmed August 10, 2022
Reservation Feb. 2020
Touring
Zenith Red
Santa Cruz
Platinum Look
Glass Canopy
DDP
SSP
20” Wheels
I think what matters is the date finalized and not the date confirmed. That said the fully loaded one like yours will be among the first delivered.

Order Confirmed 11/06/2022
Reserved: 07/26/2021
Touring
Stellar White
Tahoe Interior
Glass Roof
20" Wheels
Surreal Sound Pro
Dream Drive Pro
State: Arizona

Reactions: Joe
Spoke to my DA yesterday. He said:
  • DAs have no visibility into production queue order, so they ask for drivers license to have it ready because VIN could be issued with little warning, and then it will be needed immediately to start registration
  • Since their drivers license upload is messed up, I was able to text him images
  • He asked whether I wanted a front license plate holder installed. I said no.
  • My build with Mojave and vanilla DD is expected to start production in Q1 2023. This means anytime Jan-Mar.
  • Roughly two weeks from VIN issuance to being put on a truck to service center
  • I’m in PA. So I could take delivery at Goose Island or Short Hills. Lucid will pay for transportation to either - which could be a plane ticket to Chicago (I mentioned I have family nearby) or Lyft to Short Hills.
It says stealth starts Q1 but seeing how Bears videos don’t show any stealth have a feeling it’s much closer to Q2 or Q3 hope Lucid gives an update on stealth.

I also got a DA but due to the Mojave delay, metal roof and SS, my car is months away from production. Although he has already asked me for my drivers license picture

Back