Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

W
Heard back from my SA, he did confirm:

"It looks like Highway Assist is going to be a part of DreamDrive Pro only. The reason we are seeing it on cars now is because they are all equipped with DreamDrive Pro (Grand Touring Editions), and the Highway Assist feature is rolling out as the first part of the full software release. Sorry for the delay; I was waiting to hear back from our software team for final clarification."
Wow…… that’s a pretty stupid decision on Lucid’s part. It’s not feature competitive with others in the segment. Heck, even Tesla gives you that as standard.

Been semi lurking for quite some time. Here's my Reservation:
Nov 6, 2021
Silver
19" wheels
Mojave
Glass roof
AWD
(contemplating Surround sound, but I don't think my old ripped MP3s will sound any better)

You shouldn't need to wait until implementation to find out that it won't work Lol
A long while back, a studio rep told me that Lucid “forgot” to include a steering wheel adjustment control and so they put it in a menu. Hard to believe they just forgot stuff like that, whether sensors for highway assist or this.

Please add to tracker:
Reservation Date: 9/18/2020
Confirmation Date: Holding off (Didn't confirm back in Aug, invited to confirm the order on 26th Oct).
Specs (tentative) Cosmos Silver, Santa Cruz Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Lucid is not voluntarily telling folks that their non-refundable orders can be refunded (special circumstances aside). There has been no change since August as there has been no additional details from IRS/Treasury.
I can confirm they did in fact offer this to me.

ADD 1 MORE confirmation:
confirmed my Air Touring order from my Dec 2020 reservation today this October 26, 2022
Configuration:
AWD
Quantum Grey
Mojave Leather
Metal Roof - this will delay production and delivery
19" wheels - need all-season here in New England
Dream Drive
Surreal Sound

Reactions: Joe
ADD 1 MORE confirmation:
confirmed my Air Touring order from my Dec 2020 reservation today this October 26, 2022
Configuration:
AWD
Quantum Grey
Mojave Leather
Metal Roof - this will delay production and delivery
19" wheels - need all-season here in New England
Dream Drive
Surreal Sound
Curious - why go with Touring then given your choice of options? What pushed you over?

they'd likely make exceptions for special circumstances which may typically include customers who are going beyond livid with the Lucid representative:
I’m not going to debate the specifics of the convo that I had. As I said, consult your SA.

If you want to stick with the 20s, there are no good options right now. You could get a set of 19" wheels and put snow tires, or at least all-seasons, on them. Then swap them out for the 20s when the weather improves.
Why can't we just get 20" all season tires as opposed to 19"?

Why can't we just get 20" all season tires as opposed to 19"?
No one makes 20” all seasons that are compatible with the weight of the Lucid. Not yet, anyway.

No one makes 20” all seasons that are compatible with the weight of the Lucid. Not yet, anyway.
I think I'm going to go with 19" Vredestein snow tires I found on Tire Rack. But they don't have any wheel options. I wonder if Lucid will sell me a set of 19" wheels. No wheels at the online store.

I suppose this should go under "delivery tracker." While driving up Chicago's Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) yesterday, I was passed by a car carrier in a hurry. I always look to see what cars are aboard and to my very pleasant surprise, there were 8 Lucid Airs. They were mostly wrapped in protective covering, but the name plates were quite visible. Even incognito, it's a beautiful automobile. I assume they were headed for Good Island.

I saw 20” Michelin Pilot Sport AS with a 104Y rating the other day on Tirerack. Those would do the trick.
Interesting. I didn't know those were available. All seasons should get you through a Chicago winter. The mountains here pretty much require dedicated snow tires.

Lucid will also sell you a set of 19" wheels, if you want to go that route. A few folks here have done that.

I saw 20” Michelin Pilot Sport AS with a 104Y rating the other day on Tirerack. Those would do the trick.
It’s interesting that the Pirelli LM1 19 and 21 are HL rated but the Michelin LM1 20 is XL so you lose over 600 pounds of load capacity

I think I'm going to go with 19" Vredestein snow tires I found on Tire Rack. But they don't have any wheel options. I wonder if Lucid will sell me a set of 19" wheels. No wheels at the online store.
Yes, they will just contact your sales advisor. My sales advisor offered to sell me a set of 19's and have them come out via mobile service to install since the car's ECU will have to be calibrated if ANY wheels are changed from the car's original configuration. This came up when I questioned my sales advisor on the reason why Lucid forgot over 70% of the country get's winter/snow and why no all season tire option for the larger wheels.

I thought the 19s are all season tired

I thought the 19s are all season tired
They are the only AS tires that lucid sells. 20” and 21” are only summer tires. I don’t understand the reasons behind Lucid going with summer tires and it AS. Smh

Back