Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

2023 availability on the DD standard. Let's wait and see what else they other features are they going to remove as they go. Pretty upset especially that their announcement on 10/12/22 clearly states that highway assist is included with the standard Dream Drive.
I really want to know which rep said DD Standard will no longer have Highway Assist, almost every other SA I've seen has said highway assist is a feature of DD only and not needed for pro.

Lucid really needs to make an official statement where are the 2 Lucid Official Staff members, can someone tag them to ask them?

I really want to know which rep said DD Standard will no longer have Highway Assist, almost every other SA I've seen has said highway assist is a feature of DD only and not needed for pro.

Lucid really needs to make an official statement where are the 2 Lucid Official Staff members, can someone tag them to ask them?
They made it official and updated the vehicle configuration on the website. Press the details button by Dream drive and you will see it. Thanks

They made it official and updated the vehicle configuration on the website. Press the details button by Dream drive and you will see it. Thanks
Oh I see what you're saying, I missed the bullet

chrome_prmspfwta5.png

DEF90704-6A68-4280-ACFA-CEAB5F59D374.jpeg
43F7C317-2E80-4759-BB17-EAB064311257.jpeg

To update my listing

Reservation date - 12/4/2021
Confirmation - (not yet)
User - Codyroo
Color =Zenith Red
Interior - Tahoe
Roof - glass
Wheels - 19"
Surreal Sound Pro - yes
Dream Drive Pro - yes
State - California

For Lucid, I think they throw bad news through their SA and see if the clients accept them and if so they announce. They don't want to repeat Rivian mistake.
But I think the touring now is the worst package, coming at roughly 115000 (without tax credit which most probably we won't get) and doesn't have basic features.
I would squeeze the extra money and find a used GT with over 100 miles of range, more horsepower and everything included (some in the market in our area at 139k).
I would doubt they make such omissions with the pure as they have way more reservations on those and they can't afford to upset the masses.
Now I see the touring is the worst package with not enough to explain the extra price for the pure (which will have the same battery size and range and most features) at a whopping 25k discount.
Lucid is starting to drop the ball with what they are doing with the Touring.

For Lucid, I think they throw bad news through their SA and see if the clients accept them and if so they announce. They don't want to repeat Rivian mistake.
But I think the touring now is the worst package, coming at roughly 115000 (without tax credit which most probably we won't get) and doesn't have basic features.
I would squeeze the extra money and find a used GT with over 100 miles of range, more horsepower and everything included (some in the market in our area at 139k).
I would doubt they make such omissions with the pure as they have way more reservations on those and they can't afford to upset the masses.
Now I see the touring is the worst package with not enough to explain the extra price for the pure (which will have the same battery size and range and most features) at a whopping 25k discount.
Lucid is starting to drop the ball with what they are doing with the Touring.
I agree, the Touring was basically a AGT without the extra range and horsepower and massage seats.
Other than that, having the Glass Canopy roof and still getting all the other bells and whistles made the Tour worth it.

Now with that removed, we're forced to spend another $9k just for Highway Assist and 360 view basically.

$112,425 with DDPro and SS
$100,525 without DDpro and without SS
$103,425 with SS and without DDPro

I believe if we start contacting our SA to show our discontent, things may change.
We were promised with this feature even in the October 12th announcement so not a good business suddenly removing it.
This car competes with Tesla model S (long range) which have it standard, EQS (standard).
You spend this much in the car with the promise it shall be future proof with over the air updates.
Just few days ago they were saying the DDPro is just a software update and you can have it after you purchase the vehicle (most probably at a higher price) but you have the option.
Now they are saying that hardware will be different and cars that don't get at purchase won't be retrofitted.

I believe if we start contacting our SA to show our discontent, things may change.
We were promised with this feature even in the October 12th announcement so not a good business suddenly removing it.
This car competes with Tesla model S (long range) which have it standard, EQS (standard).
You spend this much in the car with the promise it shall be future proof with over the air updates.
Just few days ago they were saying the DDPro is just a software update and you can have it after you purchase the vehicle (most probably at a higher price) but you have the option.
Now they are saying that hardware will be different and cars that don't get at purchase won't be retrofitted.
Well, at least they made it official. Should have done that months ago.

DDPro has ALWAYS been extra hardware, by the way. If some SA ever said otherwise, they were misinformed. We've known LiDAR and extra cameras were not going to ship on cars without DDPro since as long as I've been on this forum, at least. And Lucid's web site said as much way back in February when I reserved, at least.

You're making the assumption that cars without this hardware can simply "do" Highway Assist. It's possible they may have thought they could pull that off without the extra hardware, but now, after coding it, realize they can't. Not great, but I think that's more likely than they just want to piss off the vast majority of their customers.

It's also possible that some form of Highway Assist will be added to regular Dream Drive customers down the line. When they are more confident it will work well on that hardware. Not that I would count on that, but Tesla has been adding features to both FSD and Autopilot for years. And they have moved certain bits from one to the other.

Well, at least they made it official. Should have done that months ago.

DDPro has ALWAYS been extra hardware, by the way. If some SA ever said otherwise, they were misinformed. We've known LiDAR and extra cameras were not going to ship on cars without DDPro since as long as I've been on this forum, at least. And Lucid's web site said as much way back in February when I reserved, at least.

You're making the assumption that cars without this hardware can simply "do" Highway Assist. It's possible they may have thought they could pull that off without the extra hardware, but now, after coding it, realize they can't. Not great, but I think that's more likely than they just want to piss off the vast majority of their customers.

The latest information I have that DDPro adds Lidar and 7 cameras.
So the DD standard comes with 5 cameras (similar to tesla) so most probably doable.
I feel it is not much about coding but having more people be inclined to get the AGT vs Touring. (They feel Touring reservations can push a bit for AGT more which I don't like) and I don't see them trying this trick with the Pures.
They make more money from AGT which I understand but what has changed from October 12th till yesterday. Not good business.

As someone who spent $6k on FSD for my Tesla, I can say with certainty that was not worth it to me. The features just never improved enough to be useable. From what I hear of Highway Assist, though, it already seems to be working fairly well. And I would pay the $9k just to have more cameras and the 360 view myself. Nuts, maybe. But that's my main reason for getting DDPro. All the autonomous stuff I consider to be a parlor trick in the short term.
I'm with you Joe. I have all that wiz-bang on my F150. Hands free driving, all of it. To me, it's next to worthless. Yeah, it's cool, but until the thing can do all the driving, I won't be getting DDPro.

The latest information I have that DDPro adds Lidar and 7 cameras.
So the DD standard comes with 5 cameras (similar to tesla) so most probably doable.
I feel it is not much about coding but having more people be inclined to get the AGT vs Touring. (They feel Touring reservations can push a bit for AGT more which I don't like) and I don't see them trying this trick with the Pures.
They make more money from AGT which I understand but what has changed from October 12th till yesterday. Not good business.
This comes back to what I said before about the Touring spec in general. It's the least popular option, so Lucid may be making plans to drop it eventually. Which makes total sense to me, even though I am still getting a Touring.

They can add all the options available to Touring to the Pure line. Probably package them in groups, so they don't end up with too many variations to build. And then, yes, price those options so that loading the Pure with all of them makes it tempting to just get a GT.

The way I configured my Touring, which is pretty much fully loaded minus a more expensive color or wheels, I still save 13k vs. buying a GT. In the end massage seats, more horsepower, and the longer range (but losing the lower rear footwell) wasn't worth it to me. But for a lot of folks, that probably does sound like a good deal.

This comes back to what I said before about the Touring spec in general. It's the least popular option, so Lucid may be making plans to drop it eventually. Which makes total sense to me, even though I am still getting a Touring.

They can add all the options available to Touring to the Pure line. Probably package them in groups, so they don't end up with too many variations to build. And then, yes, price those options so that loading the Pure with all of them makes it tempting to just get a GT.

The way I configured my Touring, which is pretty much fully loaded minus a more expensive color or wheels, I still save 13k vs. buying a GT. In the end massage seats, more horsepower, and the longer range (but losing the lower rear footwell) wasn't worth it to me. But for a lot of folks, that probably does sound like a good deal.
Yeah, which I wonder if they discontinue the Tour, than what about resale value? I eventually plan on upgrading to the Gravity. I wonder if Lucid allows trade ins.

But otherwise yeah, I may bite the bullet and just get fully loaded. From what I've heard from people in the forums using highway assist, it's really really good even now.

You're right, it was $1650.
I wonder if I can save that if I Just come pick it up and drive it back. However, i'd definitely want PPL before I do that, clear bra at the least for the front
No, by federal law, the destination charge is the same whether you pick it up in Arizona or Florida.

Confirmation: August 10, 2022
Quantum Grey Exterior
Tahoe Interior
Glass Roof
SSP
20" All Season Tires

Reactions: Joe
Back