Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Received my invite as well (Mar 2021) but the registration wouldn't allow me to upload my driver's license pictures. Maybe the system is overloaded and will try back later but thinking I'll be pushed back since I didn't pick DDP.

This means my July 2021 reservation was in the first 1000; mine was the newest reservation I noticed confirmed in this thread. Next week, we'll see who was in the second thousand and get an idea of how quickly the Touring reservation numbers ramped up over time.
I'm June 2021 and I'm in the first batch too. Anyone in Aug 2021 and invited to confirm?

Fwiw, somebody at the local Lucid store said that they invited the first 1000 reservation holders to finalize

I will get all this stuff updated later this afternoon when I get back to my laptop. I’m so stoked. Congrats to all of you who are confirming today.
Joe, it might be a good idea to add a column that shows who's been invited to confirm based on initial reservation date since we know they are doing to invitations in batches of 1,000.

Yeah, after I finalized it, they sent another email asking for more info and that was one of them
I see. Would have guessed this was limited to those ordering fully-loaded cars which will be produced first - yet @jdbeachbum isn't but was still asked. So I assume this depends on the individual SA to get around to it. Immaterial anyway until nearer delivery date.

Joe, it might be a good idea to add a column that shows who's been invited to confirm based on initial reservation date since we know they are doing to invitations in batches of 1,000.
There is a confirmation column. Which I am filling out.

If they are up to July 2021 already, this is going to go as quickly as I hoped.

Just got off the phone with Lucid customer service. They are removing Highway Assist from DD-(Only available for DDPro)- Which is a bummer.
I don't like them keeping to remove features they promised.
The DD will not have lidar and comes only with 2 cameras (1 front and 1 back) plus 1 radar and the ultrasonic sensors (2 front and 2 back).
Honda now have standard lane keeping however lucid only gives lane departure warning vibration.
Also the pure will have the same battery size 92kwh battery.

Guess they want these confirmed before the earnings call so they can say the Tourings are in production. Once they are ‘confirmed’ that places them in a spreadsheet in the production queue so Lucid calls them ’in production’ even though they are not being built in the factory at that time.

Also, any changes after this point will cause you to slip in the production queue. Once you get the confirmation email, the production order is no longer determined by order date but rather by confirmation date and Lucid’s own internal configuration groupings.

Lucky me ! Confirmed my reservation of 19 March 2021 for a Lucid Air Touring. Confirmed order 10 August 2022, Invited by Lucid Motors to confirm my final Touring order on 26 Oct 2022. Final order confirmed as follows: Touring, Dual Motor, All-Wheel Drive, Cosmos Silver, Platinum, Galss Canopy, 20" Aero Lite wheels, Tahoe, Surreal Sound Pro, & Dream Drive Pro. Attention moderator If you could update Touring Model Tracker. My initial reservation (19 March 2021) was for Quantum Grey and did not include the Dream Drive Pro option.

At what point were you asked to upload a drivers license? I haven't been asked despite finalizing my options...
Once you have placed your final order you will receive a email confirmation with a link to sign in and complete the registration information. Very easy process except for uploading copy of drivers license. I tried for over an hour using different browsers and having my VPN service turned off. Still couldn't upload the jpeg files. Will try again later this evening. Good luck!

Long time stalker, first time contributor. Joe, I confirmed my Touring order this afternoon if you could please add. I too had issues uploading my DL to the registration page.

Order Date Jan 2021
Quantum Grey
Glass
21” Wheels
Mojave
SS

Is anyone else having trouble uploading their drivers license photo?
Yup. Tried it a dozen or so times, then just emailed sales with copies of front and back. You will also need to provide proof of insurance before you get a delivery date, but that's well on down the road.

Once you have placed your final order you will receive a email confirmation with a link to sign in and complete the registration information. Very easy process except for uploading copy of drivers license. I tried for over an hour using different browsers and having my VPN service turned off. Still couldn't upload the jpeg files. Will try again later this evening. Good luck!
Got it, thanks! I ended up getting my link as well. It saved all my information and might have saved the drivers license pictures too…can’t imagine they’ll actually need it until the car physically exists and can be registered to me.

Reservation 10/14/20. Finalized order today . Zenith Red, Tahoe, DD, SSP, 20", Glass Roof. I hope the lack of DDP doesn't delay too long.

Back