Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Took her home yesterday!! Driving in a traffic has never been that much fun!! Next step is tint, PPF, & ceramic coating😎

Congratulations. Your video does not seem to be working, though.
Oh, let me try uploading a gif then.
20230318_095940.gif

I know of at least 6 groups of owners here that might disagree with you. ;)
They are free to disagree. They are also wrong. :cool:

Call from my DA yesterday. Apparently they can't guarantee delivering my configuration (Zenith / Tahoe / Glass) in time for the 30 April end of the $7,500 credit. Interestingly he said they could get me the same configuration but with metal roof (which I don't want). So it's Zenith / Santa Cruz or Zenith / Mojave, or if we go for Quantum Gray we can have any interior.

Decisions, decisions. I'm inclining toward Zenith / Mojave - what do those with the Mojave interior think of it? Not too dark?

Call from my DA yesterday. Apparently they can't guarantee delivering my configuration (Zenith / Tahoe / Glass) in time for the 30 April end of the $7,500 credit. Interestingly he said they could get me the same configuration but with metal roof (which I don't want). So it's Zenith / Santa Cruz or Zenith / Mojave, or if we go for Quantum Gray we can have any interior.

Decisions, decisions. I'm inclining toward Zenith / Mojave - what do those with the Mojave interior think of it? Not too dark?
Mt AT has Mojave interior. I don't think it is too dark. It more grey than it is black. Having darker shade interior does hide wear better than a lighter interior.

Go with Quantum Gray, I saw it in person when I picked up my Zenith Air/ Santa Cruz last week, it looks so beautiful. You will not go wrong with any color.

Since it is their manufacturing issue that causes the delay and nothing on your end that would prevent delivery by 4/30, they should just honor the $7500 credit to whenever they get around to making your car.

So any advice (preferably based on actual experiences of either a home delivery, or dealing with the delivery team at Tysons Corner) would be greatly appreciated !

A quick re-cap of my experience while it's still fresh!

My appointment was for noon, I arrived about 20 minutes early. Wandered around the showroom (it's where the Macys used to be, north end of the mall) for a few minutes before someone asked if I needed help. My DA came out and we shook hands and she handed me off to a couple guys and I never saw her again.

They had me sit and wait while they got ready (no more than 5 minutes). Refreshments were offered (they have a Nespresso machine and cold drinks).

Guys came back and took me to a fairly large garage/showroom area where my car sat alone. It was awesome seeing it for the first time! I signed maybe five papers, easily the least painful new car purchase ever (no f-ing Finance Manager pushing the extended warranty, etc.). They asked me to give the car a once over, but it was not a lot of time. I didn't use the checklist, just went over the exterior and opened the doors/trunk/frunk. The lighting in the room wasn't great for seeing any paint problems.

Then we sat in the car while one of the guys guided me through the setup. Took maybe 30 minutes? I don't know. TIme was flying by for me (overwhelming!). He knew the basics, but did not know the details. I asked him how to turn on battery pre-conditioning and he knew how and showed me. However, I asked if it would pre-condition automatically if I put an EA station into the nav. He said it would. It doesn't. I learned that here on the forum and tested it out on the way home. Got less than 20 minuted from the EA station and it didn't come on.

So that is the main negative of my experience. The main guy had worked there for two weeks. The other guy was his "trainee" and had been there days. He knew the car well, but not well enough for one of us Forumites/Enthusiasts (i.e. pains-in-the-asses) who have read everything and watched every You-Tube vid about this car.

I did complain that my trim did not have massaging seats while my much less-expensive GV-60 did. "Please move that up the chain of command" I said. I expect a free swap out with massaging seats any day now (lol).

We completed the setup, then I was ready to roll. I feel like they never would have collected my financing check if I didn't remind them. They weren't that focused on it. When I was signing the papers before the setup, I asked if they wanted it and they weren't that interested? I don't know how to describe it. I signed it just before I left.

Then all three of us drove to a local garage where the car got its VA inspection sticker. Of course, you won't do this if you live outside VA. This took maybe 15-20 minutes including the short drive. They two guys got picked up by someone from the showroom and then I drove off into the sunset.

Since it is their manufacturing issue that causes the delay and nothing on your end that would prevent delivery by 4/30, they should just honor the $7500 credit to whenever they get around to making your car.
When this plan was announced I was thinking it is problematic to have a must receive by date. The receive date is almost totally up to them. The only exception I can think of is call them and say, sorry, I'm on vacation now. I'll receive it a bit latter. But, that seems like a rare exception. I think the purpose is to reduce current inventory and not add it to the production list. Using that light it makes sense.

Last edited:

I saw Mojave on a test drive and it was the interior I had originally ordered. For my taste it was a bit too dark. It is lots of shades of grey and it is more practical than Santa Cruz for the carpets. I have to vacuum my carpets at least twice a week and frankly should do it every day. I like the Quantum Grey exterior a lot as well but it does come down to personal taste. Tahoe was my least favorite because I just didn't care for the tan color. I had hoped it would be like a classic car tan leather but to me it goes more orange. None of the interiors are a bad choice though. I guess you aren't close enough to a studio to see them in person? I'm very visual so seeing the choices in person sealed the deal for me.

As you say, interesting, since the metal roof breaks their rules. I asked my SA could I upgrade from my pure, but get a metal roof, for the $7,500 discount. As I expected, he told me no.

Not sure if you have seen this video. The Mojave interior is one of Sue Magnusson's favorite interior theme (skip to 34 minute mark) if you just want to see that part of the video. Over all I find this video very entertaining on how Lucid design team came up with the air we have today.

Delivery day at last!

Just picked up my Touring after reserving exactly 1 year ago. Shotout to the folks at the Cherry Creek studio in Denver for being so friendly and accommodating. I haven't had a ton of time with the car yet as I'm dropping it off for some detailing, but I can tell it will be everything I hoped for and more. Thank you to everyone on this forum for their wisdom and insight!

Attachments

• 20230319_123547(0).jpg
    20230319_123547(0).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
Back