Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Picked up mine from Millbrae yesterday, QG with Mojave interior, SSP but standard DD with 20" wheels.

Happy with the car so far, though I'm averaging only around 2.6 mi/kwh. I have been doing mostly highway speeds down 101 and 280, with not too much spirited driving.

Notables:
- I did two launches late at night, one on 280 and one on an expressway. At both times late at night and it was around low- to mid-40s out. On the 280, the car jumped forward but had no issues. However, on the expressway, there was quite significant traction control issues which caused several front wheel slips. I'm assuming this is due to cold, but let me know if anyone else had this happen on the 20"s.
- Driving around at night, I notice that there are two dark spots in the shape of rectangles on the headlight project up in front and slightly left of the driver side. They look like two boxes that are put on the on-coming traffic side, but its there all the time driving around. Anyone else have these two boxes on their headlight projections?
- I noticed that the bass is significantly lacking. I'll try to do the reset that other people have done, but seems strange to listen to. Made me question if I got the SSPro or they configured it just for standard SS.

Inspection:
- They wanted to separate out due bills which are guaranteed to be fixed with other trim misalignment pieces. Basically, big issues that must be fixed versus some things that should be fixed. They assured me that they'll take care of me and make sure I'm happy - I didn't press further.
Due Bill Items:
- Right side under A pillar where wheel panel meets the door panel I noticed a tear. Upon opening the frunk, they confirmed there was a tear in the foam.
- Left hood black trim piece near the dash was sticking up by the left side-view mirror where there was some plastic showing underneath.
- Small black paint spot on the Lucid light bar
Trim Issues (not due bill):
- Back left chrome piece between body of car and top platinum piece where it say "Air Touring" was notably wiggly. The right side wasn't.
- The top chrome bar (platinum as they call it) piece where it connects to the right chrome piece was slightly wider than the other cars. Not huge but I could notice it.

Picked up mine from Millbrae yesterday, QG with Mojave interior, SSP but standard DD with 20" wheels.

Happy with the car so far, though I'm averaging only around 2.6 mi/kwh. I have been doing mostly highway speeds down 101 and 280, with not too much spirited driving.

Notables:
- I did two launches late at night, one on 280 and one on an expressway. At both times late at night and it was around low- to mid-40s out. On the 280, the car jumped forward but had no issues. However, on the expressway, there was quite significant traction control issues which caused several front wheel slips. I'm assuming this is due to cold, but let me know if anyone else had this happen on the 20"s.
- Driving around at night, I notice that there are two dark spots in the shape of rectangles on the headlight project up in front and slightly left of the driver side. They look like two boxes that are put on the on-coming traffic side, but its there all the time driving around. Anyone else have these two boxes on their headlight projections?
- I noticed that the bass is significantly lacking. I'll try to do the reset that other people have done, but seems strange to listen to. Made me question if I got the SSPro or they configured it just for standard SS.

Inspection:
- They wanted to separate out due bills which are guaranteed to be fixed with other trim misalignment pieces. Basically, big issues that must be fixed versus some things that should be fixed. They assured me that they'll take care of me and make sure I'm happy - I didn't press further.
Due Bill Items:
- Right side under A pillar where wheel panel meets the door panel I noticed a tear. Upon opening the frunk, they confirmed there was a tear in the foam.
- Left hood black trim piece near the dash was sticking up by the left side-view mirror where there was some plastic showing underneath.
- Back left chrome piece between body of car and top platinum piece where it say "Air Touring" was notably wiggly. The right side wasn't.
- The top chrome bar (platinum as they call it) piece where it connects to the right chrome piece was slightly wider than the other cars. Not huge but I could notice it.
Congratulations on the car! Maybe just a hunch, but I’ll guess your “only” 2.6 could have a little something to do with two launches right out of the gate? I could be wrong though… 🤣 The headlight dark spots are normal.

Congratulations on the car! Maybe just a hunch, but I’ll guess your “only” 2.6 could have a little something to do with two launches right out of the gate? I could be wrong though… 🤣 The headlight dark spots are normal
Ah, thanks for confirming. The headlights seemed strange as it's only on the left, thought it was a defective headlamp but then wondered if its the oncoming traffic thing.

The launches were after noticing the 2.5 mi/kwh 😂 it's at 2.6 now after the launches and some more driving. I'll see if it goes up as I have read it's a 2k mile break in...

Ah, thanks for confirming. The headlights seemed strange as it's only on the left, thought it was a defective headlamp but then wondered if its the oncoming traffic thing.

The launches were after noticing the 2.5 mi/kwh 😂 it's at 2.6 now after the launches and some more driving. I'll see if it goes up as I have read it's a 2k mile break in...
Got mine in Millbrae in October. I’m only at 1,300 miles, and most of my driving is in town instead of highway so mine won’t be great, but that is ok with me. Yeah, the headlight thing threw me at first too, started out a bit distracting but now it’s fine. Hope you enjoy getting to know your car.

Reactions: Pax
Is this what it looks like? I see two dots on the left hand side (one on beige paint, one hard to see on the white molding) and only one on the right.

Just want to check, the car is great but I'm worried about anything functionally off that I wouldn't know about. Scratches and trim can be seen and fixed but idk about this. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20230212_193600.jpg
    20230212_193600.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 106
Is this what it looks like? I see two dots on the left hand side (one on beige paint, one hard to see on the white molding) and only one on the right.

Just want to check, the car is great but I'm worried about anything functionally off that I wouldn't know about. Scratches and trim can be seen and fixed but idk about this. Thanks in advance!
The light thing is to prevent oncoming drivers from being blinded. Looks strange to you, but trust me, other drivers will appreciate it.

Notables:

Inspection:
Due Bill Items:
I am wondering if Millbrae center have a quality inspection/vehicle detailing team onsite to inspect cars prior to customers taking delivery. Picked up my car yesterday afternoon at Millbrae as well. There were numerous scratches through out the car. It made me feel either they rushed delivery to customers or they don't care.

I am wondering if Millbrae center have a quality inspection/vehicle detailing team onsite to inspect cars prior to customers taking delivery. Picked up my car yesterday afternoon at Millbrae as well. There were numerous scratches through out the car. It made me feel either they rushed delivery to customers or they don't care.
Would lean towards the rushed. They have an insane amount of cars piled around and probably need to get them out the door ASAP.

There was some visible water marks on the car that they didn't clean before they waxed. Visible on the bottom chrome piece, but not on the light bar or rest of car.

Not a huge issue for me as it's just temporary cosmetic, but yes does seem rushed but they try to assure you everything will be taken care of.

I am taking advantage of the $7500 discount and upgrading to the Touring from the Pure. Question I have is should I go with the 19" over the 20" tires? I saw that the 20" diminishes the overall EPA from 425 to 380-/+. The car will only be driven on sunny days and maybe on road trips to Ohio from MD.

I am taking advantage of the $7500 discount and upgrading to the Touring from the Pure. Question I have is should I go with the 19" over the 20" tires? I saw that the 20" diminishes the overall EPA from 425 to 380-/+. The car will only be driven on sunny days and maybe on road trips to Ohio from MD.
How important is that range loss to you? If not that important, I'd definitely go with the 20's. They look much better than the 19's and you get the Michelin tires over the Pirelli's.

Original Pure reservation: Mar 23, 2022
Upgraded to Touring: Feb 7, 2023
Finalized: Feb 10, 2023
VIN: Feb 10, 2023
Color: Grey
Interior: Mojave
Stealth: No
Roof: Glass
Wheels: 19"
DDPro: No
SSPro: No
State: PA

Was told the car is already built and am just waiting for delivery.

How important is that range loss to you? If not that important, I'd definitely go with the 20's. They look much better than the 19's and you get the Michelin tires over the Pirelli's.
Agreed...I myself when faced with the same decision went for the 20"...cos --> 1) "Live a little" - Quoting my Wife 2) My driving wont take me anywhere where I wont be able to makeup for the lost range and those 20" offer middle of the road performance and range 3) they look incredible!

Just got an email from the DA stating that the car is ready at the factory and that it may be on a delivery truck sometime next week coming to me...so I anticipate taking delivery hopefully week of 27th Feb!

Agreed...I myself when faced with the same decision went for the 20"...cos --> 1) "Live a little" - Quoting my Wife 2) My driving wont take me anywhere where I wont be able to makeup for the lost range and those 20" offer middle of the road performance and range 3) they look incredible!
I think the 20" will look better as well.

Now to wait for my DA to get back to me.

I made the same call--but in doing so am rolling the dice that an all-weather 20" comes to market by Nov 2023

North Carolina. Cosmos Silver, Mojave, 19", no stealth, standard DD/SS.

Upgraded from Pure
Reservation 5/26/22, request to finalize 2/10 (upgraded to Touring same day), VIN assigned 2/11.

I'm in Western NC and they want me taking delivery in McLean, VA which is 7+ hours. Would prefer not to do this, anyone else have experience asking them for home delivery? Imagine this would have some impact on my destination fee but would also prefer not to have an immediate 7 hour road trip upon pickup.

Still can't believe they have no service center or showroom in either Atlanta (3.5 hrs) or Charlotte (90 mins) yet, seems like big markets to be ignoring, especially Atl.

I made the same call--but in doing so am rolling the dice that an all-weather 20" comes to market by Nov 2023
Curious why you're waiting...I believe the factory 20" Michelins will last you a good 25-30k miles...just a preference for a different brand or something off with the factory ones that we should know about?

Curious why you're waiting...I believe the factory 20" Michelins will last you a good 25-30k miles...just a preference for a different brand or something off with the factory ones that we should know about?
No---it's a concern of the 20s performing in upper-Midwest winters...

Back