• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I picked up my car yesterday morning. The delivery process was very smooth.
Short hills were scheduled to deliver 14/16 cars yesterday and 17/18 today. They were busy yesterday. I saw three other families were taking delivery.

Attachments

• 8356DA5F-E7DA-4F04-9A12-3C8F93209A57.jpeg
    8356DA5F-E7DA-4F04-9A12-3C8F93209A57.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
  • DA3B2A1B-595D-41C3-B805-7D3737CF6F2A.jpeg
    DA3B2A1B-595D-41C3-B805-7D3737CF6F2A.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 123
  • C73461CB-35E8-4F5D-9343-E46C5BDBE304.jpeg
    C73461CB-35E8-4F5D-9343-E46C5BDBE304.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
To make a long story short. I called the studio, at first they told me they are still waiting for confirmation that the loan went through, I told them please call my DA he said we are just waiting for scheduling, he said he will call me back, I quickly called BOA they confirmed the loan was disbursed. He called me back after a few minutes that we are all good, i pusheed him hard that i want to pick up the car tonight he agreed YAAAY!

Guys, at this point don't wait for anyone to call and schedule things. If you are not going to proactive you wont hear from anyone! just my experiance!
What APR you got with BOA, if you don't mind me asking?

I picked up my car yesterday morning. The delivery process was very smooth.
Short hills were scheduled to deliver 14/16 cars yesterday and 17/18 today. They were busy yesterday. I saw three other families were taking delivery.
Those 20” rim look so good on zenith red. I’m jelly…

So after waiting all day for one of the SAs at Short Hills to notify me whether my car had been delivered, I finally decided to call them for an update seeing as how my pick up was already tentatively set up for tomorrow. Fortunately, the car has made it to NJ and they confirmed pick up for tomorrow morning. They said they were going to arrange for a Lyft to transport me to the studio, but so far haven't gotten any confirmation about that. Has anyone had a Lyft or Uber arranged for them and how did they notify you of the arrangements?
I took Lyft yesterday to Tysons in VA. Was contacted by Lyft about 3 hours before

I’m still at in production but scheduled for pickup tomorrow. Stay on top of your DA and everyone you can get ahold of
Thanks - just got the news that it is still in "final stages" and that my car has "high priority" but that it won't be delivered tomorrow. I am bummed as I am soo excited about this - but i have to wait. Thanks for the suggested. Talk or email with my DA almost daily. Just not trying to be a pest.

I believe you, lol. Now I’m wondering if something is up with the car, since the stated specs say 155mph. What SOC were you at? I wonder if weather affects it?
I was at about 65% charge. In my experience, cars do not go to their states speed. For instance, my Audi Q7 does not go past 135, the official speed is higher then that.
Where are you guys driving at 141-155 mph and not getting arrested? Did you ship your cars to the autobahn? Good grief. 😱
That info is confidential 🤐😝
What APR you got with BOA, if you don't mind me asking?
Sure, I got 5.29.

Curious, what are other people getting from them?

I was at about 65% charge. In my experience cars do not go to their states speed. For instance, my Audi Q7 does not go part 135, the official speed is higher then that.
If anything the car should overreport its speed. I wonder what the GPS speed is when the car reports 141 mph and won't go any faster.

So after waiting all day for one of the SAs at Short Hills to notify me whether my car had been delivered, I finally decided to call them for an update seeing as how my pick up was already tentatively set up for tomorrow. Fortunately, the car has made it to NJ and they confirmed pick up for tomorrow morning. They said they were going to arrange for a Lyft to transport me to the studio, but so far haven't gotten any confirmation about that. Has anyone had a Lyft or Uber arranged for them and how did they notify you of the arrangements?
I got notification of the Lyft ride request via text message from Lyft indicated a requested ride had been setup with the scheduled pickup time.

Okay. I think I'm all caught up with the deliveries on the tracker. Let me know if I missed anyone. Also, double check that you were taken off the waiting list post as well as added to the delivered post.

Okay. I think I'm all caught up with the deliveries on the tracker. Let me know if I missed anyone. Also, double check that you were taken off the waiting list post as well as added to the delivered post.
I got my VIN assigned on Dec 17th and I'm picking up the car in a few hours!

I didn’t think I ever made it to the tracker. Here is my info.

Reserved: Mar 21 2022
Finalized: Nov 2.
Vin Assigned: Dec 14
Delivered: Dec 29
Black / Tahoe
20 wheels
DDP
SSP
Glass roof
NJ

Thank you!

I already did, still feels more boaty then a 7 series or an A8.

Grated this is way faster then those, still think those are just a little more refined.
If you look at online reviews almost all are praising the excellent handling. So I'm perplexed why you feel that? Perhaps the weight of the car making you feel that way?

Sir, I just came back from a very long straight road trip, I have hit the pedal down to the ground for more then 5 minutes in sprint mode, top speed is 141, period..
You went 141 mph on public roads????

You are braver than me. I don’t think I will find another empty road outside of Christmas Day. 130 is magical enough for me.
You dont need anything the goes beyond 100mph if you just drive on public roads. Personally, I don't care if my car does only 1o1mph since I will never drive that fast.

If you look at online reviews almost all are praising the excellent handling. So I'm perplexed why you feel that? Perhaps the weight of the car making you feel that way?
Don’t get me wrong, the car drives very well. But when comparing to the Germans I just think those handle slightly better and feel more tight on the road. I think Lucid did extremely well for a first try though.

Perhaps a lot of these folks never drove recent models 7 series or A8 and don’t know the comparison. Those have just gotten so good over the years. Don’t forget these cars are also getting better and better each year there is now decades of superb engineering in those. I think Lucid can potentially get there one day, they are definitely headed in the right direction.

Don’t get me wrong, the car drives very well. But when comparing to the Germans I just think those handle slightly better and feel more tight on the road. I think Lucid did extremely well for a first try though.

Perhaps a lot of these folks never drove recent models 7 series or A8 and don’t know the comparison. Those have just gotten so good over the years. Don’t forget these cars are also getting better and better each year there is now decades of superb engineering in those. I think Lucid can potentially get there one day, they are definitely headed in the right direction.
Oh, I think you’ll find plenty of folks here on the forum are very familiar with all the German cars. Many still own one or more of them. Most prefer the handling of the Lucid.

When I stand out the car while it is moving I hear engine noise from far way, first I thought it was music from inside, but it was not. Do other notice it or only my car? Should I call service?

Back